• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

pics of wave 3 comic packs

#26 User is offline   Pit Viper 

• G.I. Joe Collector
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:52 PM

These look great. That Storm Shadow is funky though. Almost looks like they are trying to base it off the original t-crotch Joe vs Cobra version but mixed up the hood with the mask. The mask should be red and the hood white. Storm Shadow with a red hood is just weird.

#27 User is offline   jasonwelcome 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:05 PM

I think the crimson twins look awesome def. gonna get those! I will also get the crimson guard and cobra officer pack for the crimson guard (are all of the crimson guards helmets in the single carded removeable?) an trade the cobra officer.

#28 User is offline   firefly69 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

The Twins 10/10 I will by this set for sure....

The crimson guard and scarface....maybe

SE and SS cool but probably not...

I wonder what the price will be if not individually?

The twins were exactly as I expected...this line is going to be huge...especially when the movie comes out...

#29 User is offline   firefly69 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

The Twins 10/10 I will by this set for sure....

The crimson guard and scarface....maybe

SE and SS cool but probably not...

I wonder what the price will be if not individually?

The twins were exactly as I expected...this line is going to be huge...especially when the movie comes out...

#30 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

Really digging the twins and the SE and SS are a surprise to me! :)
Draven

#31 User is offline   blndweasel 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:31 PM

The sculpts on the twins are absolutely fantastic. It's how I imagine the originals looked... of course a quick reference against the real thing proves my instinct wrong. Perhaps if the oringinals looked this nice, I wouldn't have smashed them all when I was 12 years old.

#32 User is offline   Doom Saber 

• RaWr!

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

View PostPit Viper, on Dec 10 2007, 04:52 PM, said:

These look great. That Storm Shadow is funky though. Almost looks like they are trying to base it off the original t-crotch Joe vs Cobra version but mixed up the hood with the mask. The mask should be red and the hood white. Storm Shadow with a red hood is just weird.

I think the hood is intended to red because it suppose to be attatched to the cape. I don't know why they use the hooded one, though since the cloth cape already has a hood. could be a mess up or be different later, especially how the first 25th SS comicbook figure had the same color schemes for his weapons, but changed for the better in newer pics.

#33 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:46 AM

View PostRobbieDigital, on Dec 10 2007, 07:39 PM, said:

All 3 of these sets look AWESOME IMO!!! I can't believe that people are hating on the Snake-Eyes and Stormy pack too.......I'm usually against them re-packing Snake-Eyes all the time but they both look cool as hell. Snake-Eyes with the battle damage........C'mon someone has to admit these are cool..........Yeah, the colors on Storm Shadow are a little cheesy but that can be fixed with a little paint. I'm all over all 3 of these sets.

98% of the hate comes from seeing these two over and over and over and over and over and over. And over yet again.

Did they steal Storm Shadow's outfit from a Sith? If they had given us maskless Storm Shadow, they'd have a sure fire winner. But here? Meh.

#34 User is offline   Toiletmonkey1 

• Hasbro- 1 /TM- 0

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:22 AM

Im not a 25th collector but those look awsome! even the battle damage Snake Eyes! i would like to see a scarred up head for him!

TM

#35 User is offline   dblogan 

• Hey, Hasbro, make an updated figure of me!!!

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:45 AM

I am so getting the Twins!!! Finally!!!

Hey, has anyone else notice that the Crimson Guard head looks alot like Robert Redford?

Ugh on the SE and SS.

db

#36 User is offline   Straight Edge 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:10 AM

View Postdblogan, on Dec 11 2007, 06:45 AM, said:

Hey, has anyone else notice that the Crimson Guard head looks alot like Robert Redford?

It's the Fred Broca mug... and it looks fantastic! I wasn't sold on the Siegie pack until I saw that picture. Finally, no M.D. Bright red-head colorists f*ck-up, like the last comic pack. This is the real-deal Fred head! I'll be army building this one!

The twins are just a must-have. No one that collects 25th figures should be missing that one.

The Snake-Eyes Storm Shadow pack is interesting. I'll be buying it for the compound bow with sonic amplification gear, and giving it straight-away to Zartan. It'll also be awesome to finally have a Snake-Eyes figure with the Arashikage hexagram. Storm Shadow... not so much, but a lot of these two packs only have one figure going for them. Stormy, at least, I can switch out the lower arm on an extra 5-pack SS, so they're both flashing the hexagram...

The first wave was a real let-down, but a necessary evil. Hasbro's really coming through on their promise that the subsequent waves would be worth the pain of 5 comic-colored figures in one shot. Lookit, here we are at wave three, and not a single basic repaint in the bunch. Even the Cobra Officer seems like he's going to be Scarface, just without the proper name.

#37 User is offline   Blackmada 

• Bumblebee

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:51 AM

Was Zartan shown wearing that StormShadow outfit in one of the comics when he killed the Hard Master? Possibly a DD comic, it looks really familiar.

#38 User is offline   Straight Edge 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

Pretty much, yeah. Zartan was wearing a ninja outfit (they all look alike) with a hooded cloak when he killed the Hard Master with a compound bow w/sound amplification. But Zartan never had the Arashikage hexagram on his arm, so the figure *is* of Storm Shadow, wearing an outfit very similar to Zartan's murder togs, using a compound bow Stormy would never need.

Apparently, Storm Shadow will wear the cloak in the comic included with the pack, then discard it before confronting Snake-Eyes.

#39 User is offline   Blackmada 

• Bumblebee

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:08 AM

That's cool. It shows that Storm Shadow did wear something like what Zartan wore as a disguise.

#40 User is offline   Harryreems 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:27 AM

I never thought of Xamot & Tomax as that muscular in the arms, but who cares?
I should be punched in the head for complaining.
They look awesome!!

#41 User is offline   hassidae 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:23 PM

I apologize if it was posted already, but don't the twins' guns look like the weapons cobra troopers used to have in the cartoon? That was the first thing I thought of when I saw them - it's interesting, b/c I always loved the look of those guns and could never figure out why Hasbro didn't make them.

#42 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:36 PM

I'm honestly more excited about the comics than the figs. If they really do fit in well in the marvel timeline.

Se is great looking, but the stormy is iffy as can be. Why not an un hooded head, heck why not use an unmasked head. I love jvc v1 and this looks like simliar to that, but not correct. No matter i'll have a custom of him done soon.

I just never liked the twins design, so i'll want the comic and skip the figs. The cq looks much better with the broca head though, but i'm still not sure i'll go for it.

All three have new comics right?

#43 User is offline   Bill219 

• Mouser

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:40 PM

new pics up

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?pa...6414273288208ED

Wild Weasel and Ace

#44 User is offline   Straight Edge 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:15 PM

View PostrevSears, on Dec 11 2007, 12:36 PM, said:

Yup. Ace and Wild Weasel come with a reprint of Issue #115, but the other three are Hama-written originals. If you click the links to Hasbro's website, it gives a brief summary with each picture.

#45 User is offline   bamboo 

• Andorian

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:20 PM

Wild Weasel and Snake Eyes look fantastic! I like Storm Shadow's bow, but hate "soft goods" when used as capes or robes.

#46 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

• Two are better than one

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

View PostrevSears, on Dec 11 2007, 01:36 PM, said:

I'm honestly more excited about the comics than the figs. If they really do fit in well in the marvel timeline.

Se is great looking, but the stormy is iffy as can be. Why not an un hooded head, heck why not use an unmasked head. I love jvc v1 and this looks like simliar to that, but not correct. No matter i'll have a custom of him done soon.

I just never liked the twins design, so i'll want the comic and skip the figs. The cq looks much better with the broca head though, but i'm still not sure i'll go for it.

I'll take those Twins off your hands. I could care less about the comics. @loll@

Finally some figures that do the Twins justice, and there's no business suits in sight. Thank You Hasbro.

#47 User is offline   Riker 

• shubway

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

WOW!

Just... amazing! These figures look incredible! :D

#48 User is offline   Omega 8 

• Andorian

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:23 PM

View PostBlackmada, on Dec 10 2007, 03:32 PM, said:

What is that writing on the CG and Officer's chests?

I love the Twins and the CG.

I like Storm Shadows cape/cloak but that is about all I like from that one.

"HFE" = Hasbro Far East

These are samples straight from the factory

#49 User is offline   Ren 

• 88 miles an hour

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

Fred Broca as hair underneath his helmet!!

#50 User is offline   cyclonusthewarrior 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:58 PM

Finally we get the twins!!!!!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us