2008 NYCC - He-Man

JayC

Awesome! I like the sounds of a classic line; something non-attached. Hope it's easy to find, or at least, easy enough. Sounds like the 2002 line is pretty much toast, other than them trying to wrap the story up. That's good to hear. Otherwise, I just wanted to know if they were gona put the final nail in the coffin or not. Hearing that the classics is offical, I think I'm okay with the 2002 line finally being put to rest (toy wise). Now I'm looking forward to the movie!

So, the King Grayskull looks like he has what the future classics He-Man might come with. Is he from the 2002 toon or just something on his own?

Awesome! I like the sounds of a classic line; something non-attached. Hope it's easy to find, or at least, easy enough. Sounds like the 2002 line is pretty much toast, other than them trying to wrap the story up. That's good to hear. Otherwise, I just wanted to know if they were gona put the final nail in the coffin or not. Hearing that the classics is offical, I think I'm okay with the 2002 line finally being put to rest (toy wise). Now I'm looking forward to the movie!

So, the King Grayskull looks like he has what the future classics He-Man might come with. Is he from the 2002 toon or just something on his own?

i hope they dont mess it up like the 2001 line

The Four Horsemen are involved and they are roughly the same size as DCUC, which is what the previous MOTU series was. Is it possible for them to go back and reuse some of the Staction sculpts?

I really hate thinking about having to buy all those figures over again...

King Grayskull was from the 2002 cartoon......he was in one of the episodes near the end of the show.....he threw down with Hordak waaaayyyy back in the day in Eternia. The episode was awesome for so many reasons. He also had a Battle Cat that was like 3 times the size of He-man's and was a green lion instead of a tiger. The episode also shows how Greyskull got its power and how Hordak had something to do with the landscaping around Greyskull. ;)

I'm kinda happy to hear this news but at the same time I don't know how to feel......yet another exclusive that I probably won't be able to get....unless I go to ebay(which means I won't get one).....the 2002 line was a scalper paradise. I don't understand how exclusives only go to West Coast people. Its cool but I still don't know if I'm happy or just not wanting to be frustrated again.

i dont know either about that. i never realy accepted that king grayskull thing. i always thought that the story began with prince adam but now it began years ago with another he-man with long hairs and bigger tigger. the episode was great do.

king greyskull doesnt realy looks good in my mind and whats with his mini axe and shield? they look so small. whats with the characters that filmations ows? are there big names in it or what? who are they?

i will not even began to collect them when they say latter on that the horde will not come or webstor or any other big names of masters of the universe.

i NEED this toy.

i love this new line already. i sure hope they do BAFs(or collect and connect) for this line cause i'd love a beastman or grizzlor and it be massive and inscale!

just hope i can get one of these without killing my wallet since the recent he-man line was a scalpers dream

This is cool, though I have to say it's not really much of a surprise after the other He-man prototype we saw.

I'm not as psyched as I thought I'd be about this announcement. I think it's because these sculpts aren't that impressive. I don't think of He-man as a rugged barbarian or Conan knockoff; I think of him as the opposite of a barbarian who just happens to wear the same furry briefs. I guess the sculpts probably won't all look like this, especially if they're doing characters from all lines. Maybe when I see some others I'll change my mind some.

I'm also not as excited about this King Grayskull figure in particular because it's an exclusive and thus eBay will be my only means of purchasing one, and I'm not wild about exclusives and eBay. It looks cool, and if it was in a store I'd buy it without question, but exclusives just seem like a way to let a few people be satisfied and a few more (way more) make a buck by selling on the internet.

i dont know either about that. i never realy accepted that king grayskull thing. i always thought that the story began with prince adam but now it began years ago with another he-man with long hairs and bigger tigger. the episode was great do.

king greyskull doesnt realy looks good in my mind and whats with his mini axe and shield? they look so small. whats with the characters that filmations ows? are there big names in it or what? who are they?

i will not even began to collect them when they say latter on that the horde will not come or webstor or any other big names of masters of the universe.

I don't know for sure, but I think Filmation's characters would be guys like Lizard Man, who only appeared in the original Filmation cartoon and nowhere else. Most of the characters that only appeared in the Filmation cartoon weren't that good and wouldn't be much of a loss if they couldn't be made, unless they can't make guys like Count Marzo and Evil-seed because they were Filmation characters first before they were in the 2002 cartoon by Mike Young Productions and didn't appear in any other format.

I can't describe how awesome it is to that when my first child is born later this year...that He-Man will be on the toy shelves just like he was when I was born in 1982...I'm about to shed a freakin' tear here.

I wonder how they will survive in a specialty market... I mean... if it gets massed produced, we get screwed like we did in 2001 line... If it gets specialty, things are slow, expensive and may not be readily available... Its just not in their repitoire...

king greyskull doesnt realy looks good in my mind and whats with his mini axe and shield? they look so small.

Well, it's kinda odd since they are showing an exclusive for a toy line we haven't seen, but I'm guessing his weapons are the same ones that classics He-Man will have, which is a recreation of his original gear. This guy has the same body as the classic He-Man we saw awhile ago, so this is just your standard exclusive using a regular body but with exclusive clothes and a head.

king greyskull doesnt realy looks good in my mind and whats with his mini axe and shield? they look so small.

Well, it's kinda odd since they are showing an exclusive for a toy line we haven't seen, but I'm guessing his weapons are the same ones that classics He-Man will have, which is a recreation of his original gear. This guy has the same body as the classic He-Man we saw awhile ago, so this is just your standard exclusive using a regular body but with exclusive clothes and a head.

you see i love the sword. it fits in my eyes. i am not a big fan of over sized swords but the axe and shield should be bigger then this no? as you say it is odd to have an exclusive and they didnt even showed one figure of the line. maybe i will change my mind when i see the other waves. they look just like the dc figures mattel is doing and i realy love them :D they could have showed at least the 2 guys everyone wants to see in a first wave and thats HE-MAN AND SKELETOR :P MAYBE THEN I WOULD HAVE JUMPED ON BOARD. who knows.

I'm really excited to see He-Man coming back, though I do wish these new sculpts look decent and congruent when displayed with the 2002 series figures.

you see i love the sword. it fits in my eyes. i am not a big fan of over sized swords but the axe and shield should be bigger then this no? as you say it is odd to have an exclusive and they didnt even showed one figure of the line. maybe i will change my mind when i see the other waves. they look just like the dc figures mattel is doing and i realy love them :D they could have showed at least the 2 guys everyone wants to see in a first wave and thats HE-MAN AND SKELETOR :P MAYBE THEN I WOULD HAVE JUMPED ON BOARD. who knows.

Yeah, after lookin' at it more, I can see what you mean by the axe and sheild. They look like the same size as the original gear (as opposed to the sword, which looks larger than the original). The problem with that, is that the figures are larger than the original figures, so the axe and sheild look small in comparison. Who knows, maybe they'll be a bit bigger in the final product. If not, I'm not too bothered. The greyskull figure has me on board, even if I don't want greyskull himself!

wow they release king grayskull as a figure statue. now thats different. it is a figure and is painted like a bronze statue. i will buy this one (depends on the price) to put it in the castle greyskull. you know to show that he was the ruler of the castle once. now thats a cool idea.

wow they release king grayskull as a figure statue. now thats different. it is a figure and is painted like a bronze statue. i will buy this one (depends on the price) to put it in the castle greyskull. you know to show that he was the ruler of the castle once. now thats a cool idea.

Crap, I hadn't thought of that. That's a great idea! Aw...man, now I need that for a good He-Man display! That would be freakin' perfect for the castle.

Eh, I know I won't ever buy exclusives. So expensive. Nonetheless, now I know I'll be missing out on a great idea!

Crap, I hadn't thought of that. That's a great idea! Aw...man, now I need that for a good He-Man display! That would be freakin' perfect for the castle.

Eh, I know I won't ever buy exclusives. So expensive. Nonetheless, now I know I'll be missing out on a great idea!

thats what i am affraid too. the prices will be high

I think the reason I'm not as pumped for this line is that it's hard to imagine anything topping the 2002 line. It just seemed so perfect in so many ways. I'm sure this line will be awesome, too, especially if they treat it like they're treating the DC Universe Classics line, but until I see more pictures and the kind of variety (there had better be variety!) we'll get of these figures, I won't be as jacked as some people are.

And I'll throw my hat into the "exclusives are too expensive" ring. They'd be cool to have, but they might as well sell the thing in Japan, because it's no more likely I'd make it to San Diego.

l hope Mattel uses a newer design for He-man rather than the one they've shown at the co a few months back. There seems to be a slim chance they would, though seein that the exclusive uses the same body, hence the small-looking arms with the bulgin' biceps.

Hopefully, they redo the head to make less lookin like the 1980s' fig and maybe more of a mix between the 2003 and the filmation version.

I am a fan of the old heman toys, but the notion of using using the "retro" style for the look of the new toys seems a bit iffy imo.

isn't that the whole point though?

they tried the modernized version of he-man 6 years ago. didn't really go anywhere because none of the kids really cared.

this is going to be a collector-driven toy-line which in my opinion will cater to the older generation that grew up with the original 80s cartoon.

80s-looking figures with modern articulation? count me in!

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE