Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

The 2009 JoeCon 3 3/4" Crimson Strike Team Images

View the full article

#2 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

Not bad..not bad.

I don't know why I'm so indifferent to the Cobra Viper mold being used for a Crimson set, but I am. This is FAR FAR better than the first CST convention set though. :)

#3 User is offline   Outsiders 

• Rock Demi-God
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

View PostViper Hunter, on Jun 16 2009, 11:33 AM, said:

Not bad..not bad.

I don't know why I'm so indifferent to the Cobra Viper mold being used for a Crimson set, but I am. This is FAR FAR better than the first CST convention set though. :)

I hear ya VH... The more I see this set, the more I am tempting to order it. I have the original set and this set looks way better and was extra's they added to the Baroness and the Vipers are a nice touch...

#4 User is offline   Mr Nobody 

• Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage..

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

@deer@ Hmm,

I logged in just to see if there was any word on a convention set, and I'm kinda dissappointed that they're going to rehash the first con-set with full 25th molds, which leaves me with 2 concerns:

1. Are they going to just repeat the past 6 years convention sets redone with 25th molds? (which to me would be more than uncreative.)

2. Are they going to stop using RAH molds altogether now? (I like some of the new 25th accessories more than I do the figures, with only a few exceptions {like the BAT and the H.O.H. Baroness, which I admit both are pretty kick-ass figures}, but I like seeing new ideas for the classic molds.)

Anyone got info from on the inside?

#5 User is offline   DPrime 

• Happy to be back...

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

View PostMr Nobody, on Jun 16 2009, 12:16 PM, said:

@deer@ Hmm,

I logged in just to see if there was any word on a convention set, and I'm kinda dissappointed that they're going to rehash the first con-set with full 25th molds, which leaves me with 2 concerns:

1. Are they going to just repeat the past 6 years convention sets redone with 25th molds? (which to me would be more than uncreative.)

2. Are they going to stop using RAH molds altogether now? (I like some of the new 25th accessories more than I do the figures, with only a few exceptions {like the BAT and the H.O.H. Baroness, which I admit both are pretty kick-ass figures}, but I like seeing new ideas for the classic molds.)

Anyone got info from on the inside?

1. Naaahhh... They just did this because the original Crimson Strike Team set was/is so popular. The Ebay prices for that thing were insane (but have dropped a little I think since this news came out).

2. That is unfortunately a bit more difficult to answer... I hope not!

#6 User is online   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

Yawn.

Before I clicked to see the images I guessed: red Viper, red Baroness, red hooded CC, red Tomax and Xamot. So 4/5 for me.

#7 User is offline   simplez 

• Andorian

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

More repaints! Yay Hasbro.

#8 User is offline   COOLCAT 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICES?!?!? $280.00 FROM THE GIJOE FAN SITE. I THINK THE FIGURES COME EQUIPED WITH GOLD COIN STANDS.

#9 User is offline   Outsiders 

• Rock Demi-God

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

View PostCOOLCAT, on Jun 16 2009, 05:37 PM, said:

HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICES?!?!? $280.00 FROM THE GIJOE FAN SITE. I THINK THE FIGURES COME EQUIPED WITH GOLD COIN STANDS.

It's an exclusive convention set limited to 500... Of course it will cost more and lose the caps lock...

#10 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

The Baroness I will grab some how but the Viper sucks...... its a bad thing that the classic Viper lost its real legs and they go and purposely change these Viper legs just to match that....... stupid......
Draven

#11 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

This is one of the best done sets.

And I'm not talking about the quality. I'd rather have a rehash of an old set then get guys people actually WANT (so to speak). I mean I've got the twins and I've got Vipers. I don't need them again. But if they did, say Repeater or Airtight, I (and I'm sure a LOT of fans) would be pretty pissed. Look at Classics Thrust and Dirge. Or DTC wave 4.

#12 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

• Two are better than one

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:20 AM

I will likely only want the Twins. Go figure. Not really impressed with the rest. And you'd think I'd be biased.

#13 User is offline   Nightwing4984 

• Mouser

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:22 AM

it looks like an awesome army builder set the twins and baroness are ok i would rather have just a huge army set.

#14 User is offline   Straight Edge 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Between the awful chromed heads, and the leg-swap (Not to mention the nonsensical-from-the-getgo use of a Viper uniform in the Crimson Guard), I'm happy to pass on this set. I'll probably hunt down the twins, and any con-only offerings (like the rumored Quarrel!), but the Vipers themselves Vac-U-Suk.

#15 User is offline   Action Figure Soundwave 

• Actionfigure Master w/over 20,000

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

So what going to be next years Convention Set ? the Anaconda Set in 25th Style Figures ? or the Everglades Set ? LOL Probably not , but it would suck if that's what they do .... this set is understandable cause not alot of people got their hands on the 2002 Vipers ....But if they decide to do previous themed sets , that would sorta suck.

#16 User is offline   PhoenixSword 

• Hello darkness my old friend

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:14 PM

O-Rings FTW!!!!

#17 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

The set looks good to me, but then I'm not very picky.

#18 User is offline   Cobra Command 

• I don`t suck anymore!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:10 AM

View PostDraven79, on Jun 16 2009, 07:51 PM, said:

The Baroness I will grab some how but the Viper sucks...... its a bad thing that the classic Viper lost its real legs and they go and purposely change these Viper legs just to match that....... stupid......
Draven

I didn't notice the differant legs, they actually look nice!

#19 User is offline   obiprime 

• $ I like It $

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

Looks Great Love the Baroness. I like the chrome heads. I would get it if teh price is right. Also Makes me feel better cuz I sold My original set for $400 last month.

#20 User is offline   Tazzzman 

• Tazzzman in da house!

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

Images look nice and the chrome makes them even nicer, glad I am getting these. I have the original set, nothing beats the original set, however the 09 set pays homage. I am excitted to see what other ideas the club might be working on that are 25th related.

#21 User is offline   GIJoeKing65 

• Andorian

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

I'll be passing on this set and picking up another Mayhem set instead. I like the 25th stuff enough, just not ready to give up on ARAH stuff yet as a convention set.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us