TNI Forums: Masters Of The Universe Classics Update - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Masters Of The Universe Classics Update

#26 User is offline   gojira77 

  • Romulan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 700
  • Joined: 13-July 06

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:21 PM

This board sure has been quiet for awhile... When is Matty going to let us order that Beastman and He-man? December is only a little more than a month away!

#27 User is offline   RockthePlank 

  • DreadPiratePolar
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,430
  • Joined: 20-April 08

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

View Postgojira77, on Oct 28 2008, 02:21 PM, said:

This board sure has been quiet for awhile... When is Matty going to let us order that Beastman and He-man? December is only a little more than a month away!


I am with you gojira77! Matty, so far, has been pretty lame. I am ready to add He-man to my collection!

#28 User is offline   Rollo Tomassi 

  • Smug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,722
  • Joined: 04-February 02

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

I think this board has been dead because the excitement of getting more figures got piffled when we saw what they were offering and for how much. I'm not saying you guys shouldn't be excited about the matty.com figures but I would say more than half of the people that were in here before went bye bye when they saw the new line wasn't going to be what they thought it was. And of the (slightly less than) half that stuck around, many more got turned off by the $30 price tag. And once soomeone has made the decision to forgo a toyline, they really don't have any need or desire to talk about it. (See tumbleweeds in the Indy Jones forum as an example)

And then theres the fact that there isn't really anything new to talk about. (See marvel legends forums for last eight months) Once the figures start coming in and people can hold them in there hands, the board will (slightly) pick up...

#29 User is offline   gojira77 

  • Romulan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 700
  • Joined: 13-July 06

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

Well, maybe we can keep the board on life-support with some fun topics until then? :) I don't have any ideas at the moment, but I'll be sure to post a new topic or two when I do. And I don't think too many people were disappointed-- just a vocal minority is all! I bet there are still a lot of He-fans out there who haven't even heard of the new line yet, which is why some folks from he-man.org started a group on Facebook just to get the word out. Lemme tell you, He-man's got lots of friends all over the world who are more than a little intetested in what IMO will be the ultimate figures of the Masters!

#30 User is offline   Card 

  • Shhhhhh...its a secret!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 2,159
  • Joined: 05-July 04

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

View PostRollo Tomassi, on Oct 28 2008, 04:08 PM, said:

I think this board has been dead because the excitement of getting more figures got piffled when we saw what they were offering and for how much. I'm not saying you guys shouldn't be excited about the matty.com figures but I would say more than half of the people that were in here before went bye bye when they saw the new line wasn't going to be what they thought it was. And of the (slightly less than) half that stuck around, many more got turned off by the $30 price tag. And once soomeone has made the decision to forgo a toyline, they really don't have any need or desire to talk about it. (See tumbleweeds in the Indy Jones forum as an example)

And then theres the fact that there isn't really anything new to talk about. (See marvel legends forums for last eight months) Once the figures start coming in and people can hold them in there hands, the board will (slightly) pick up...


I only agree with your last statement. The price, while high is no big deal. Its the shipping that ups the price, but 30 bucks a month is chicken scratch. As for the sculpts, I like them alot, but I understand fans of the 2000X lineup being upset, the sculpts they love arent being continued.
Its the delay that has made the boards silent. No new product means there really isnt much to talk about. People are always more into a line when it is actually out(look at the t-cats board). Just wait until January, im positive the board traffic will pick up then.

#31 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

  • All-Star Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,819
  • Joined: 22-August 08

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:51 AM

Its kidda weird having the board without a single item for sale...seems like they would be losing some money in this venture.

#32 User is offline   RockthePlank 

  • DreadPiratePolar
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,430
  • Joined: 20-April 08

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:39 AM

View PostCaptainTriumph, on Oct 29 2008, 06:51 AM, said:

Its kidda weird having the board without a single item for sale...seems like they would be losing some money in this venture.


Why else do you think we have to pay double? Personally, I'm still on the fence about Beastman, but Heman and Skeletor are definates

#33 User is offline   gojira77 

  • Romulan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 700
  • Joined: 13-July 06

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

View PostRockthePlank, on Oct 29 2008, 05:39 AM, said:

View PostCaptainTriumph, on Oct 29 2008, 06:51 AM, said:

Its kidda weird having the board without a single item for sale...seems like they would be losing some money in this venture.


Why else do you think we have to pay double? Personally, I'm still on the fence about Beastman, but Heman and Skeletor are definates


Well, I want Beast-man, but I can understand why others wouldn't-- as the first of Skeletor's hench dudes he's kinda vanilla by comparison. The figure is PERFECT though, other than being a 'perfect' Beast-man. In the Seinfeld family that is MOTU, not everyone can be Kramer... And Beasty is definitely George! :)

#34 User is offline   Rodimus Primal 

  • Skeletor
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,623
  • Joined: 17-March 03

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:14 AM

My excitement with MOTU died when Mattel made getting the last few of their 2002 line impossible and made the rest of them statues. I still have my 2002 line so anything from that line that I have already has no interest in the new stuff. Now if a Classic Roboto or Clawgrip show up, I might consider.

#35 User is offline   pogoman 

  • The PogoMaster
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 18,800
  • Joined: 28-February 02

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

Matty sucks. he needs to shape up and act like a big company

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us