Arrow & Flash ReAction & POP! Vinyl Figures

The Wire

Oh my God! Look at that packaging. Those figures! I'm not even gonna try and say how cool these are, cause if you weren't a kid buying Star Wars figures in '79, you probably wouldn't get it anyway.

Actually, I do get it. I get what they're going for with the retro Star-Warsish look and articulation. I'm just not sold on the whole concept. Not at $10 a pop. If you're a fan, more power to you but I'll be fine paying double for triple the size, detail, and articulation you get with the DC Collectibles versions.

Oh my God! Look at that packaging. Those figures! I'm not even gonna try and say how cool these are, cause if you weren't a kid buying Star Wars figures in '79, you probably wouldn't get it anyway.

Actually, I do get it. I get what they're going for with the retro Star-Warsish look and articulation. I'm just not sold on the whole concept. Not at $10 a pop. If you're a fan, more power to you but I'll be fine paying double for triple the size, detail, and articulation you get with the DC Collectibles versions.

Hey, they may give me a tingle in my fan-boy parts, but you're preaching to the choir. Much as I'd love to, I just can't justify paying today's prices for figures made to resemble the toys I might've paid 1/3 the price for back in the day.

Now maybe if they could create a fully realized line of Multiverse-style figures with these packaging aesthetics, I'd be willing to part with the cash.

Yeah, I just don't need my vintage Star Was stuff to cross over with anything else that badly.

It's like when they shrunk Marvel toys from 6" to 3 3/4" and people were saying, "Well now you can rebuy them and pose them next to your GI Joe and Star Wars". I don't NEED to pose my superheroes with my shorter figures. I'm fine without it.

Yeah, I just don't need my vintage Star Was stuff to cross over with anything else that badly.

It's like when they shrunk Marvel toys from 6" to 3 3/4" and people were saying, "Well now you can rebuy them and pose them next to your GI Joe and Star Wars". I don't NEED to pose my superheroes with my shorter figures. I'm fine without it.

Hey, I won't lie. There's just enough of the kid left in me that I wanna cross my lines. The first thing I did when I got my Marvel Monsters Boxed Set was to have Dracula face off against my Deluxe Graduation Day Buffy. If someone did a decently articulated, appropriately scaled Jason Voorhees, he'd be in there to.

That being said, I'm like you. I'm not going to invest my time and money into an existing line in a new scale just so I can stage my own little superhero Celebrity Death Match.

I just have so much already. So much GI Joe and so much Star Wars. Those are all 3 3/4". And I have so much Marvel and so much DC. Those are all 6". If you told me to take any one of those and rebuy them all in a different scale.....forget it! I don't want them ALL in the same scale that badly.

Here's an interesting article:

http://toybox.io9.com/these-are-not-the-arrow-and-flash-toys-you-were-waiting-1693870665

Yeah, it calls out that Captain Cold figure, which really does suck, even for a "retro" style figure. But I couldn't help but click on the link to the other article laughably titled, "Rejoyce, Arrow's "Best" Character is Getting an Action Figure".

Really?