New movie Baroness & Breaker figure pics

Jeff

I'm aware of urban camo (I was being facetious when I called them Storm Shadow's pants), but why wear a black top and combat boots? No one would wear just the pants because it makes no sense. Soldiers wearing desert camo don't wear it only on their pants; the entire ensemble is desert camo.

Have GIJOE uniforms EVER made sense?

The one constant about GIJOE RAH is that their uniforms were never uniform.....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm aware of urban camo (I was being facetious when I called them Storm Shadow's pants), but why wear a black top and combat boots? No one would wear just the pants because it makes no sense. Soldiers wearing desert camo don't wear it only on their pants; the entire ensemble is desert camo.

What, Bazooka wasn't in standard issue BDU's? :P

Excellent point ARROW.

Personally, I don't think that the toys from a movie have anything to do with wether a movie is good or not.

This is certainly true and a valid point. I guess I figured since it's based on a live-action movie the outfits might make sense, but we all know what happens when we assume...

I got Two words for this crap:

Gar B-tch

It looks like the crappy days of GI Joe vs. Cobra, Spy Troops, Valor vs. Venom, DTC, and Sigma 6 has returned.

And I also bet you that the new vehicles toys based off the movie will have that crappy action/sound attack too.

I got Two words for this crap:

Gar B-tch

It looks like the crappy days of GI Joe vs. Cobra, Spy Troops, Valor vs. Venom, DTC, and Sigma 6 has returned.

And I also bet you that the new vehicles toys based off the movie will have that crappy action/sound attack too.

I woulda thought you'd be happy.

NO ONE will be scalping those figures! @loll@

I am passing on all movie stuff shown so far... but I kinda guessed that already

Actually I think they make good custom fodder.

Of course I will need to see how the Night Raven & Pitt look like.

IF we are even getting a Night Raven (as hisstank claims...which is rather bold just from a UPC number), I'm gonna guess it will have big crappy spring-loaded weapons on it.

I'm certain that these are actual movie figures, but as someone else pointed out they are most likely not complete with all the gear they should come with. I'm certain that they will look more complete fully geared.

Given the astethic set by the SW movie figures (skinny arms, movie star thin torsos) it's about what I expected in all honesty. Nothing that I've seen thus far from any of the movie stills or pics has led me to think that the designs would be otherwise. At least this actor likeness is good.

FINALLY, some GI Joe figures that don't look like exaggerated comic books characters designed by junior high school students! This is the line I was hoping for since the 25th anniversary waves failed to meet expectations.

Hopefully the rest will look as authentic and realistic as the ones shown. I hope Playmates' 3 3/4" Star Trek line looks this good! Mattel could certainly take a few lessons from Hasbro.

Hasbro has definately killed the line with all the recycling and crappy sculpts not to mention trying to create new lines (like the movie line and resolute) without fixing the old one first. My interest went from buying 2 figures each, 1 mint on card and 1 lose down to buying none at all. I now pass the gijoe section all together at this point. What i dont understand is how the 80's figures all had original sculpts and weapons but in the new millenium (where technology has advanced aswell as sculpting and manufactureing) they use the same molds over and over again. Its ridiculous! doesnt Hasbro realize that doing this loses them money in the long run?

I'll wait and see... I will probably just get some of them.

Anyone knows why Outback and StratoViper got canceled?? @grumpy@

What i dont understand is how the 80's figures all had original sculpts and weapons but in the new millenium (where technology has advanced aswell as sculpting and manufactureing) they use the same molds over and over again.

Costs.

It simply costs more money to make all-new molds than it does to re-use older molds multiple times.

This isn't a new revelation, Hasbro has been operating this way for 45 years now. The reason that you saw "less" of it during the RAH run back in the 80's is that the toy line was 10 times more popular than it is now.

GIJOE simply does not sell in the numbers that it did in the 80's--there's far less interest in it and the audience for it is a fraction of what it once was. Advances in sculpting technology and manufacturing processes mean nothing if there's less people buying the stuff.

Combine less people buying, with more costs associated with production and Hasbro is going to seek every possible avenue they can to maximize their profits--of which the expectations are ALSO higher now than they were in the 80's.

From Ray: "I'll wait and see... I will probably just get some of them. Anyone knows why Outback and StratoViper got canceled?? "

The stinger got "cancelled" too. I was told by Hasbro that they weren't actually cancelled, just put on hold. The production schedule would have had the toys on the shelves at the same time as the movie toys, so they decided to put them on hold until sometime after the movie toy release so they aren't competing for shelf space. Whether that't true or not is another story, but it sounds plausible. We'll see.

I'll wait and see... I will probably just get some of them.

Anyone knows why Outback and StratoViper got canceled?? @grumpy@

The stinger got "cancelled" too. I was told by Hasbro that they weren't actually cancelled, just put on hold. The production schedule would have had the toys on the shelves at the same time as the movie toys, so they decided to put them on hold until sometime after the movie toy release so they aren't competing for shelf space. Whether that't true or not is another story, but it sounds plausible. We'll see.

FINALLY, some GI Joe figures that don't look like exaggerated comic books characters designed by junior high school students! This is the line I was hoping for since the 25th anniversary waves failed to meet expectations.

Hopefully the rest will look as authentic and realistic as the ones shown. I hope Playmates' 3 3/4" Star Trek line looks this good! Mattel could certainly take a few lessons from Hasbro.

Hello, Mr. Hasbro rep. @loll@

Hello, Mr. Hasbro rep.

This coming from a self-professed movie line hater. (Except for Star Wars, of course, "Darth.") :)

These figures look like they're based on the movie. I'm pretty sure that's the goal and it appears they're succeeding. You don't like it then, like you said, you can spend your money on other Hasbro product. I'm sure their real reps appreciate the business.

You're not actually threatened by people who LIKE these figures, are you? I mean, growing the fan base can't be a bad thing, can it?

Hello, Mr. Hasbro rep.

This coming from a self-professed movie line hater. (Except for Star Wars, of course, "Darth.") :)

These figures look like they're based on the movie. I'm pretty sure that's the goal and it appears they're succeeding. You don't like it then, like you said, you can spend your money on other Hasbro product. I'm sure their real reps appreciate the business.

You're not actually threatened by people who LIKE these figures, are you? I mean, growing the fan base can't be a bad thing, can it?

No, not at all.

Actually, I hope the movie blows up like the TF movie did. Heck, the TF movie got me interested in Transformers.

As I've said before, I've never been one for movie figures...cause they really lack any imagination...they're just not for me. I'll critique them like crazy...but if it helps the line, then all the better.

One thing I don't like though (if the speculation is true about the Ferret), is that they are giving us iconic vehicles in crappy color schemes and with big hunks of junky, spring-loaded weapons attached. Why not just give us the REAL thing? It worked 20 years ago. Why can't it work now? Have kids lost their imagination? I know I felt like Hasbro was kicking me in the balls back in the early 90's when they decided that I no longer had an imagination and introduced spring-loaded weapons, and "battle sound" backpacks. :(

Well, this just proves to me that my first instincts were right, unless the movie itself completely changes my view, the whole thing is going to flop!! From the outfits, to the actors, the whole movie and subsequent merchandise looks awful and should just be avoided at all costs!!! Sure they had a hit with Transformers, maybe they might get lucky again, but I doubt it!!

Personally I have no problems with the molds other than the headsculpts which look terrible. The bodies themselves look nice. Breaker could use a little more bulk though, kinda skinny as is. I`ll pick them up for custom fodder, i'm really liking the legs on Baroness.

From everyone's responses to these, it makes me wonder how GIJoe will survive a whole year of nothing but movie stuff?

• 2 weeks later...