Toy Fair 2009:Classic G.I. Joe & Cobra 7-packs!!!

JoeRhyno

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...I'm hoping some of these come with helmets, because as is, the Alley-Viper and Range-Viper suck donkey balls.

I'm really digging the Night Creeper and Strato-Viper though.

I'm not really sure how I feel about Hit & Run. He's one of my favorite Joes...but this looks like a bad custom kinda.

Overall though, this is a TON better than the movie crap. I can't wait to see them with their gear. The only letdown is no Low-Light. :(

They look nice. Too bad they are 7-packs. I want to see them with their webgear and hats/helmets.

It looks like all the upcomming singlepacks, comic packs and vehicles are cancelled and the figures are just being put in these 7-packs.

I bet the Resolute cartoon is cancelled too.

I'm pretty sure they will come with accessories......at least they better cause some of those figures are in desperate need of accessories.

Something is not sitting right with me about that Alley-Viper.........maybe the brown on the boots......hmmmmmm. Cool that he has his colors though.

ZOMG! I had to pick myself off of the floor, I'm really digging these!

http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=14092

So what do you think? Better than the Movie figures? I'm getting a at leat 12 of those Alley Vipers!!!

I'd like to see what he looks like all geared up but yeah, I'll probably get a whole mess of these!

They look nice. Too bad they are 7-packs. I want to see them with their webgear and hats/helmets.

It looks like all the upcomming singlepacks, comic packs and vehicles are cancelled and the figures are just being put in these 7-packs.

I bet the Resolute cartoon is cancelled too.

Dude! Welcome back!

Thanks Figg!!

I even kind of like the movie figures. I have some ideas for them that would not follow the movie but still make them fit into my Joe-verse. The accelerator suit figures could be a new Battle Force 2000/3000. If I follow Marvel contunuity and say those six guys are dead and have the Joe team get new guys with the old ones names. Say have Duke be the new Maverick, Breaker is Blaster, Ripcord is Dee-Jay, Heavy Duty is Knockdown and Scarlett has to be Blocker or Avalanche. Put Shipwreck in there somewhere.

Then the camo movie guys could be greenshirts of some sort, I guess just Zartan at this point. Take Duke and have desert greenshirts. The gray camo guys and girls could be urban greenshirts. Deep Six can be a greenshirt diver. These guys could be major army builders.

Snake Eyes, Stormshadow, Hawk, Heavy Duty and Baroness can be 2009 versions. Just what they look like way after the old ones.

The bad guy troops just fit in as new troops. The NEO-Viper and Viper Commando would be good as just Commando Vipers since that idea has never happened. The MARs guys can be just that. Something that goes along with Iron Grenadiers. The Ice Viper is really cool looking.

I like the Firefly, Motor Viper and Thunder. Not the vehicles so much.

All in all I like what I see. A little imagination makes these movie guys really awesome.

Loving the Joes, but could care less about the COBRAs. I like that both sets are all original figures, though - no SE, CC, or Dukes to deal with. It's kinda like Hasbro just said 'F-it! Let's just do everyone we haven't done yet, and get it over with!"

The COBRA pack will be an easy, probably more cost effective, way to army-build. So long as you accept having just as many Dr. Mindbenders. (He kinda looks alot like Jamie H. from 'Mythbusters', though, so that would be one use at least!)

And is SPC 'Altitude' the name they chose instead of 'Ripcord'? WTF there? They can use the name for the movie, but not for the original figure? (Or was there really a SPC Altitude, and it's a wholly separate character?)

And a big HOORAY for Zap! Finally!

I believe they're using "Altitude" so as to not confuse new fans as to why he's caucasian and then suddenly black.

Altitude was stolen from Major Altitude (1990?), so we won't be getting him anytime soon.

And for those wondering if these come with helments and gear, I think that its pretty obvious that they will. I'm looking forward to army building Cobra.

@can@

I believe they're using "Altitude" so as to not confuse new fans as to why he's caucasian and then suddenly black.

Altitude was stolen from Major Altitude (1990?), so we won't be getting him anytime soon.

There was an Altitude in Sky Patrol before that even. When I saw the name Altitude on another site I was wondering why either of those two would be getting made. I do like Ripcords head, to me it looks alot like the old one.

Hit & Runs webgear looks off to me. Is it reused from aprevious figure?

Thanks to Ares6009 I have a use for extra Mindbenders. I might have to do some Mythbusting with them. He can be a mini Buster.

I went ahead and put together a parts list as best I can tell. Maybe it can answer some of your questions:

Alley Viper:

head-new

upper arms-Snake Eyes v3

lower arms-new

vest-new

torso-Snake Eyes v3

thighs/knees-Snkae Eyes v3

feet-new

Chuckles:

head-new

torso-Spirit

arms-Spirit

legs-Flint w/ knife sheathe

Mindbender:

head-new

harnes-new

torso-Quick Kick

arms-Twins

thighs/knees-Quick Kick

lower legs-Viper

Hit & Run:

whole figure/helmet-Airborne

chest harness-Jet Pack Duke

waist harness-Airborne

Lampreys:

head/vest-new

upper torso-Torpedo

lower torso-Snow Job

arms/legs-Snow Job

Night Creeper:

head-new

harness-new

torso-Greenshirt

arms-TF Flint

legs-Storm Shadow

feet-new

Outback:

head-new

harness-new

torso-Greenshirt

arms-TF Flint

thighs-COBRA Soldier

lower legs-new

Range Viper:

head-Beach Heac

torso/arms-Resolute COBRA Trooper

thighs-Resolute COBRA Trooper

knees-Snake Eyes v3

feet-new (same as Alley Viper)

Recondo:

head-new

arms-TF Duke

body/legs-Dusty

SPC. Altitude/Ripcord:

head-Red Star

torso-Viper

arms-Airborne

thighs-Dusty

knees/lower legs-Ace

Strato Viper:

head-new

harness-new

torso-Ace

arms-new

thighs-Ace

lower legs-new

Wet Suit:

head-new

harness-new

torso-Torpedo

arms-Greenshirt

legs-Torpedo

Zap:

head-new

helmet-small Greenshirt

torso-Greenshirt

arms-Greenshirt

thighs-new

lower legs-Skyduster/Clutch/Steeler

I am excited about these two sets. What really disappoint me are the Duke arms on Recondo. Come on Hasbro, get it right. This is the Flint argument all over again. The hair is light brown when in the original figures and characters it was darker. I am afraid to see the hat on him with a head like that. The rest of the figures are pretty cool in the Joe set but I am little nervous about what there accessories will look like. So far, I am really starting to wonder if I am going to continue collecting these figures.

For me the COBRA set is the loser there; I want Mindbender but the rest of them I really don't care about, as they were a bit past my Joe heyday.

The Joe set has several characters I like. Would've rather had Jinx or Law and Order instead of Outback and Hit and Run, but they look like good updates at least.