• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Moss Man in today.

#1 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

Glad I got the sub cuz the past 2 months I have scored zero.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ps. love the smell, my toy room smells pine clean

#2 User is offline   DarkDragon 

• Andorian

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

He looks great! Can't wait to get mine!

#3 User is offline   HarryWildman 

• Dr. Foot

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

Wow, you got him fast! Makes me kind of wish I had tried to play the MOTUC lottery this month. I like the third pic where it looks like Skeletor is about to fall over in shock at Moss Man scratching Battle Cat's headPosted Image

#4 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

I'd still prefer a partially flocked (like here and there, not just unflocked at the joints) or entirely unflocked Moss Man. Nostalgia is a silly reason to ruin a great sculpt. That 200X head is outstanding.

#5 User is offline   HarryWildman 

• Dr. Foot

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

View PostEric, on 16 March 2010 - 07:51 PM, said:

I'd still prefer a partially flocked (like here and there, not just unflocked at the joints) or entirely unflocked Moss Man. Nostalgia is a silly reason to ruin a great sculpt. That 200X head is outstanding.

In all seriousness, that is part of why I didn't bother this time. I thought there was supposed to be a version that would be flocked only where there was fur originally sculpted on the Beast Man body. I admit I lost track of what they were doing with Moss Man, but I would have preferred that version.

#6 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:37 PM

i don't know. I really like that they flocked, I'm sure it helps the pine smell stay.

#7 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

I would definitely have preferred partially flocked, or not flocked at all.

#8 User is offline   HarryWildman 

• Dr. Foot

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

View Postgruntcast, on 16 March 2010 - 09:37 PM, said:

i don't know. I really like that they flocked, I'm sure it helps the pine smell stay.

I've never really thought about it much. Stinkor stank, and he wasn't flocked, so I dunno.

#9 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

View PostHarryWildman, on 16 March 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

I've never really thought about it much. Stinkor stank, and he wasn't flocked, so I dunno.

i wonder if the new stinkor will stink?.....hope so

#10 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

View Postgruntcast, on 16 March 2010 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostHarryWildman, on 16 March 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

i wonder if the new stinkor will stink?.....hope so

He will according to ToyGuru...

#11 User is offline   Wolverine042 

• young once, immature forever

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

got my sub today too. it does smell like evergreen. lol

#12 User is offline   TOYMAN65 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

I got my email shipping confirmation from DR today the 16th. WOW! that was fast since the sale was yesterday. My UPS tracking number shows my UnFlocked Ears Moss-Man & Stratos will arrive on the 22nd @bounce@

Digital River really seems to be cranking the orders out for shipping quickly this time. I have to give them credit this month for that :D

#13 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Leatherhead

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

View PostTOYMAN65, on 16 March 2010 - 11:43 PM, said:

I tried the UPS trick with my Order Number just for fun and my mouth hung open when it generated a UPS Tracking number for my Package. So far billing info received on 3-16-2010
I might end up receiving my Moss-Man & Stratos by Friday this week or Monday the latest :D

Digital River really seems to be cranking the orders out for shipping quickly.

I received a shipping confirmation very early his morning, but it was actually shipped out yesterday. It's almost as if Digital River is a real-life digital commerce company.

But hey, whatever happened to Matty's note that the shipment was delayed and we'd all be waiting around for Mossy to get mailed out? Are they playing psychological games with us? Like, "we'll tell the fanbase about this lengthy delay, and then there will be no delay ... and it'll be as if we exceeded expectations this time!"

Nah, too far fetched even for Matty. Maybe.

#14 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

• What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

View PostBigBot84, on 16 March 2010 - 09:41 PM, said:

I second that...though because of shotty service I have no fully flocked, partially flocked or not flocked at all....thanks Mattel for absolutely nothing

#15 User is offline   JohnnyRebelV2 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:03 PM

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 17 March 2010 - 12:02 PM, said:

I second that...though because of shotty service I have no fully flocked, partially flocked or not flocked at all....thanks Mattel for absolutely nothing

Your eyes must be getting sore from all that crying.

#16 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

• What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:41 PM

View PostJohnnyRebelV2, on 17 March 2010 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 17 March 2010 - 12:02 PM, said:

Your eyes must be getting sore from all that crying.

Crying over the putrid smell of you not washing in a week

#17 User is offline   GrtEternal 

• The Great Eternal

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

Mine's arriving Monday and I can't wait. Never liked the flocked ears version and judging with all the pics, the unflocked ears looks a lot better. :D

#18 User is offline   PlayItLoud 

• Cardassian

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

Got mine yesterday. That evergreen scent is really strong but now it seems to stabilize as its been out for 24hrs now. I really dig the non-beast alternate head. The flocking added to the figure is really great and seems to last and will not shed.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

Such a beautiful sight!! If he was not flocked he would not look as cool imo!! :)
Draven

#20 User is offline   Starscream49 

• 99% of toy collectors make the rest of us look like nerds.

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

Best figure to date so far. Old school scent/gimmick, old beastman head along with a new 2002 head, and flocked. Kick ass figure.

#21 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

View PostHarryWildman, on 16 March 2010 - 07:56 PM, said:

In all seriousness, that is part of why I didn't bother this time. I thought there was supposed to be a version that would be flocked only where there was fur originally sculpted on the Beast Man body. I admit I lost track of what they were doing with Moss Man, but I would have preferred that version.

Yeah, until all these quick sellouts, I think they'd planned to do an unflocked version as a re-release. Now they probably won't, which is a total bummer. Moss Man looks like a stuffed animal to me. :(

#22 User is offline   TOYMAN65 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

View PostEric, on 21 March 2010 - 03:33 PM, said:

View PostHarryWildman, on 16 March 2010 - 07:56 PM, said:

Yeah, until all these quick sellouts, I think they'd planned to do an unflocked version as a re-release. Now they probably won't, which is a total bummer. Moss Man looks like a stuffed animal to me. :(

Didn't Matty post when they reissue Moss-Man they will do both versions? Flocked ears and unflocked.

#23 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Leatherhead

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

They did announce they'll be doing both flocked ear and unflocked ear Moss Man reissues, but I think Eric means completely unflocked. I'm not sure a completely unflocked reissue was ever a possibility, though. ToyGuru/Matty have stated that they want the reissues to be identical (except for "corrections") to their original releases. I think the only time a completely unflocked Moss Man was in the cards is when Matty announced they were having issues with the articulation of the completely flocked Moss Man, and they asked for fan opinion on how best to proceed. They gave a few options - completely unflocked being one of them, but partially flocked ended up winning out.

#24 User is offline   TOYMAN65 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

Got my Moss-Man & stratos today. Had to call DR customer service to get a replacement on my Moss-Man as he arrived with a detached left leg just below the hip area. I tried snaping the leg into the peg socket but it wouldn't stay. so customer service said not to worry thay had extras for replacement.

Customer service issued me a ticket number and told me I would be contacted by email in 24 hours with instructions on what to do with the damaged moss-Man and when my replacement figure would arrive. This was my very first damaged figure so I'm not upset about it as these things happen at the factory and they are going to replace it.

I have to admit though for the short time I had him out of the box my room smells pine fresh :) The flocking feels strange too when you hold him, I'm not used to that , but he looks fantastic with the 200x head.

#25 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:10 PM

So what happens when you have a damaged figure, do you have to send it in & waste $ on shipping ?..

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us