2009 SDCC Mattel Exclusives: DCUC Wonder Twins 2-Pack

Ares6009

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=14292

The Wonder Twins DCUC figs. Also stated is that if you get them AT SDCC, you also get Gleek (an exclusive exclusive...), but if you get them online afterward, you just get the twins. (no biggie, but odd)

I'm just waiting for the inevitable 'April Fool's!' gag, although the pics are of the same molds we saw before, so that sure lends credence to it. I just can't trust any news put out on 4/1, I don't know about you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't put thing like this past Mattel. There exclusives always seem to be unigue figures. Hasbro seems to put out redecos for exclusives which is fine by me, but putting out a figure that has no other incarnations other then the exclusive really torks me. Here is a list of some of Mattels pst exclusives. All of which should be in every fans collection.

JLU Solamon Grundy

JLU Hal Jordan

MOTU Keldor

MOTU She-ra

MOTU Randor

They should make a SDCC exclusive like "I love SDCC" He-man. A He-man with a I-heart-SDCC Tee shirt. It would piss off less fans.

there was no jlu hal jordan exclusive.......only hal jordan i remember was the one given to employees.

Figures are available in special window box packaging complete with character accurate accessories as well as amazing light and sound action! As an added bonus, available ONLY as an exclusive gift with purchase at SDCC : the Wonder Twins’ mischievous monkey, Gleek! Only available at the show, Gleek will not be with the set online afterwards. Gets yours today! Available without Gleek on MattyCollector.com after the show.

See the many times matty mentions gleek as an sdcc exc? Mattel would be an ass if the info is true since they are rubbin' it that a person has to visit the show for gleek. It has to be a joke

they prob all april fools jokes

I really hope the Wonder Twins SDCC exclusive is real. I don't like SUperFriends and that would save me some money for not needing to spend extra cash on exclusives.

If this is true, then I'm pleased with the figures but annoyed that the monkey isn't available online, and I'll be turning to ebay for the set.

Also, maybe my nerd knowledge is failing me, but I thought the Wonder Twins wore rings that they used for the "Powers Activate!" stuff. Or was that just on Scrubs?

awe man.. that is just downright cruel.

as somebody already said.. exclusives should be exclusive decos or versions... not characters who have never had an action figure... IN EVER!

Well, if this is legit, then I'll go with the online set. I can easily live without the monkey. I'm questioning the 'sounds and light' features, though. THAT may be an AF gag. I can see a chip that says 'Wonder Twin powers activate', but unless they can produce a somewhat blinding flash effect (like a camera) then what's the 'light' good for?

Either way, I will own these. And look forward to next year for a Marvin & Wendy pack!

for rael where does everyone know the wonder twins & this gleek guy from ? :D have they all been in recent comics or a toon thats making everyone want these nonames or waht ?

I'm questioning the 'sounds and light' features, though. THAT may be an AF gag. I can see a chip that says 'Wonder Twin powers activate', but unless they can produce a somewhat blinding flash effect (like a camera) then what's the 'light' good for?

Man-Bat's package had lights and sound. They were pretty lame, but I don't care about packaging so it doesn't make much difference to me.

Serious, the monkey is the deal-breaker for me. No monkey = no order.

Exactly! He's the best part of the set! :P

for rael where does everyone know the wonder twins & this gleek guy from ? biggrin.gif have they all been in recent comics or a toon thats making everyone want these nonames or waht ?

Are you just kidding around? If you're serious, they're from the Superfriends. I'd guess they're probably about as well-known to the general public as guys like Aquaman or Captain Marvel.

What no monkey!??!!? That is lame.

I have no idea who the Wonder Twins are and would've bought this set because I'm mostly a completist (when reasonable). But if I can't get all three, then I see no point in getting just the two. I would not be able to complete the set that I am getting only out of being a completist for characters that I don't even care about.

I'm questioning the 'sounds and light' features, though. THAT may be an AF gag. I can see a chip that says 'Wonder Twin powers activate', but unless they can produce a somewhat blinding flash effect (like a camera) then what's the 'light' good for?

Man-Bat's package had lights and sound. They were pretty lame, but I don't care about packaging so it doesn't make much difference to me.

Serious, the monkey is the deal-breaker for me. No monkey = no order.

Exactly! He's the best part of the set! :P

for rael where does everyone know the wonder twins & this gleek guy from ? biggrin.gif have they all been in recent comics or a toon thats making everyone want these nonames or waht ?

Are you just kidding around? If you're serious, they're from the Superfriends. I'd guess they're probably about as well-known to the general public as guys like Aquaman or Captain Marvel.

Wonder Twins are probably only more familiar to those who grew up watching Superfriends on Sat mornings in the 80's. Believe it or not there is probably a whole generation out there that has never heard of them or seen the old Superfriends cartoons. Aquaman and Captain Marvel have both been in more recent cartoon series and the comics so im guessing they are probably more well known with younger people.

Monkey or not, this is great. We'd never get these in the regular series and I love that Mattel is actually sculpting new figures and not just repainting old ones. I don't care about the monkey. The monkey was there for comic relief which was always over played. He was the Scrappy Doo of the series and I hated that.

Add on to this the He-Ro and Egon exclusives and Mattel is getting even more of my money this year. I hope Hasbro offers nothing or I will be broker than broke.

Monkey or not, this is great. We'd never get these in the regular series and I love that Mattel is actually sculpting new figures and not just repainting old ones. I don't care about the monkey. The monkey was there for comic relief which was always over played. He was the Scrappy Doo of the series and I hated that.

Add on to this the He-Ro and Egon exclusives and Mattel is getting even more of my money this year. I hope Hasbro offers nothing or I will be broker than broke.

I think you're going to be broker than broke then.

With all the poor distrobution that Mattel has had with this line you'd think that they would'nt pull this kind of crap with Gleek. I mean Mattel's PR is IMO stretched beyond its limit!! they are full aware of how unhappy the collectors are with this line from all the massive QC issues and being able to find the product in stock.

So instead of sending the collectors a thank you........we end up getting a F*** YOU! "GO FIND THE FLIPPIN MONKEY ON YOUR OWN AND DONT BOTHER US"! People.....I don't know about you all, but my patiens for tis line is fast coming to an end. Mattel has assumed far too much by thinking they can string the collector along like they have in the past.

In case Mattel has'nt noticed..............THE ECONOMEY IS SLIPPING DOWN THE EFFIN DRAIN ALONG WITH HALF MY PAY CHECK! I only work 20 hrs a week now. So if Mattel think i'm gonna be down for there lil effed in the head distrobution games then there DEAD WRONG!

I've got waves 1-7 all MOC. Just push me like you have Mr. Mattel and I'll push the bloody button and sell the whole damn thing for a fraction of the price....................and then you'll be left with one less pay check to tap every Friday.