• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolverine Legends...

#76 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostBelmont13, on 23 October 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Then came Marvel Now that's when I basically dropped Marvel comics altogether I honestly couldn't stand more rebranding, renumbering, rebooting and changing the status quo of teams and books,

Hey, don't sound so hopeless. You can always get a break from all that and buy DC's New Fift.....Oh.....never mind....

#77 User is offline   damprime 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 23 October 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

View PostBelmont13, on 23 October 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

View PostLady Jaye, on 21 October 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

I know I've been out of the modern comic scene since '06, but the X-Men getting screwed?? That unpossible!! -_- They were kings in my time!! What happened??

Short version, the Avengers replaced them as the number group in Marvel. To me it all started with that atrocious New X-men run by Grant Morrison, Scarlet Witch depowered most of the mutants leaving around 198 that still jhave powers there were some good moments like Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men his villains sucked big time but his run was more about the characters and some parts of Ed Brubaker Uncanny X-men but after Messiah Complex it all went downhill after a lot of false attempts of resurrecting Jean Grey and Phoenix crap, it culminated with the introduction of one of the most if not the most annoying X character: Hope. They moved to an island outside of San Francisco which is leftovers of Asteroid M, Wolverine suddenly became the most holier than thou good guy X-men who knew better than everyone especially X-men that have been there from the beginning(another consequence of Marvel overexposing Logan), this lead to Cyclops becoming an unlikeable douche(this was most probably done to please modern comics fans who grew up hating Cyclops and loving Wolverine). They didn't know how to write Emma Frost so they turned her into a tramp, they had Namor join the X-men since Marvel knows he's too much of a jerk to hold his own book. The clashing of Logan and Cyke lead to a Schism where Wolverine went to become headmaster of an school named the Jean Grey Institute of Higher Learning completing his stalker delusion and redhead fetishism, giving us yet another X-book apart from the 50 that were already on shelves. After all this CW show drama came Avengers vs. X-men a poor excuse of an event that was made just to further demonize Cyclops and have the X-men fight the Avengers, this is as far as I went.

A very accurate summary of the last 10 years of X-Men.

They're my favorite super hero team but I had to stop after Messiah Complex. I could just tell which way the wind was blowing and I was right. It got really bad after that storyline. All of your character summaries from Wolverine to Cyclops to Emma Frost are dead on...everything written above is dead on (I may be a bit more forgiving of Morrison's run than you).

recently I could not stand it anymore and just HAD to have my X-Men fix. I jumped back in...a little. I've been getting the two Bendis books, not because I love Bendis-he' OK- but the powers that be naturally let the main characters play in his playground. They're OK so far. But the idea of going back in time to get the original X-Men to come to our time (for what reason, exactly? So young Cyclops can tell old Cyclops, "Hey, stop"?) requires a lot of suspension of disbelief. Not because time travel would never happen, but because the plan itself is so stupid. And it was the brainchild of Beast....one of the "smartest" X-Men!!!!

Agreed! Bendis or Yost are probably the only current writers they have that can help get the mess that is the X corner of the marvel universe readable again short of Claremont. Fraction's stories were tired. boring and loose, My cousin and I were discussing the fact that you have almost 200 mutants on an island and you can't come up with any stories in any of the numerous X-books featuring them! Every book has Cyke or Emma having a say so in something. The only thing I collected regularly was the Kyle and Yost X Force and would check out Wolverine and The Xmen along with the first Uncanny Xforce from the library. I just can't bring myself to buy anything disappointing at today's prices.

#78 User is offline   Belmont13 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 23 October 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostBelmont13, on 23 October 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Then came Marvel Now that's when I basically dropped Marvel comics altogether I honestly couldn't stand more rebranding, renumbering, rebooting and changing the status quo of teams and books,

Hey, don't sound so hopeless. You can always get a break from all that and buy DC's New Fift.....Oh.....never mind....

I actually got a couple of the New 52 Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Red Lanterns, New Guardians issues they were pretty cool but then well uh I don't know.

#79 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

I love the Emma! I git her yesterday. Soooo sooo much better than the first one. Only a cape and an X would make her better.
Draven

#80 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostDraven79, on 01 November 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

I love the Emma! I git her yesterday. Soooo sooo much better than the first one. Only a cape and an X would make her better.
Draven

My attempt at getting Emma ended in a huge fail. One comic shop shop already had the preorders snatched up. Another one had all the figures from the wave on the shelf except, of course, Emma. Guy said the wave was extremely limited and they won't be getting more. So I'm out of options on this one (and no, ebay is NOT an option).

You botched this one good, Hasbro.

#81 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 November 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Draven

My attempt at getting Emma ended in a huge fail. One comic shop shop already had the preorders snatched up. Another one had all the figures from the wave on the shelf except, of course, Emma. Guy said the wave was extremely limited and they won't be getting more. So I'm out of options on this one (and no, ebay is NOT an option).

I am tempted but cant get myself to paying $60 plus for her...

#82 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 05 November 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Draven

Hey, if you're into overpaying, Amazon has her for "only" forty-something.

#83 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 November 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Draven

We cant even buy a case and split... Damn case ration...

#84 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

I know I am lucky to have got her for $30 shipped @loll@
Draven

#85 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 05 November 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Draven

Yep. This one was screwed up on every possible level.

#86 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

I have an extra Cyclops and Sabertooth if anyone wants. Might still have a Wolvie too, but believe it or not, he sold the quickest at my local toy show, lol.

#87 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 05 November 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 05 November 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Draven

Yep. This one was screwed up on every possible level.

That should say ratio but you guys probably already knew that...

#88 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Well I got a bit of good news today. The owner of the LCS that I preordered from called me today and said they ended up with one extra Emma. So that's lucky for me. I feel bad for the guys that will still miss out on her. I'll keep my eyes peeled in case I can help someone out.

#89 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

How much Joe?? I need those still.
Draven

#90 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 06 November 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Well I got a bit of good news today. The owner of the LCS that I preordered from called me today and said they ended up with one extra Emma. So that's lucky for me. I feel bad for the guys that will still miss out on her. I'll keep my eyes peeled in case I can help someone out.

I'll just stick with my ML Emma. I bought that and I bought the "crystal" TRU exclusive. I figure I've jumped through enough hoops for a character I don't especially like.

#91 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Welp, I picked up my Emma tonight. Might as well try to complete Puck. If anyone has an extra head or arms, I'd be interested.

View PostDraven79, on 06 November 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

How much Joe?? I need those still.
Draven

They were selling them for $22 each. Who do you need? All of them?

#92 User is offline   Draven79 

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Im good man! Joe has me set on them :)
Congrats on getting Emma! She is a nice figure!
Draven

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us