Henry Cavill In The Superman "Man of Steel" Costume Revealed

JayC

I mean, he's recognizable as the character he is supposed to be portraying. I can't really ask for much more. But, to keep in line with the usual comments of initial pictures of a movie slated for almost two years from now:

It sux! Calling it now, this movie will blow hard. They are destroying my childhood. I hate Synder, Nolan, etc...

Okay, now that we got that out of the way.

• Like 1

It sux! Calling it now, this movie will blow hard. They are destroying my childhood. I hate Synder, Nolan, etc...

People's blind faith in hit-n-miss Nolan...when he's only really attached by name in what, story concept and the money?

No picture, no matter how 'cool' will make me forget that Zack Snyder is still attached to this film.

Also, I imagine this shot is from one of about 30,000 pictures that make up about half a minute of a slo-mo fight sequence.

The costume would actually be very good if it weren't for the drab coloring (Yeah. That's not the lighting.) and that stupid distracting texture that seems to be the requirement of every modern interpretation of a super-hero costume.

It's interesting to note that they went with such a classic look (Mostly...) for the costume on film. Meanwhile in the comics... if they're still around by 2013... Superman will look like a Power Ranger with a cape.

Not really a clear "Superman" pose shot, but I think it looks good. Can't wait to see all the SLO-MO action on screen (eat it featofstrength!) The only memorable shot from Returns is the shot where those criminals are firing the bullets from that machine gunner and it slows down and hits superman in the eye, so I am not opposed to em. 300 had to be slowed down to show all the fighting (and to stretch a 10 minute movie)

Nolan did do a good job with Batman, a gritty character, whereas Superman is kind of the opposite to me. Very bright color pallet, Metropolis always looks like either the sun is setting on it or rising. I think they are trying to do the gritty, action thing here, not sure how well that will play for a superman movie, but I am interested.

Nolan did do a good job with Batman, a gritty character, whereas Superman is kind of the opposite to me. Very bright color pallet, Metropolis always looks like either the sun is setting on it or rising. I think they are trying to do the gritty, action thing here, not sure how well that will play for a superman movie, but I am interested.

All of Nolan's film characters have that grittyness to them, which is why he was a good choice to work on Batman.

Superman? Well, if this gets screwed up you won't have to worry about the other DC characters getting mistreated...

• Like 1

I don't think that's lighting...

I've always been weary about Christopher Nolan's involvement in this project. I'm a fan of all his movies as long as their not named Inception but Superman doesn't fit his style.

Why not Inception? keep in mind I haven't seen the movie yet but everyone around me praises it I'm curious to know why someone for once doesn't think it's the greatest movie. As for the Superman movie I agree that Supes is not the best character for gritty story and characterization but it seems that dark and edgy stuff is coming for DC movies from now on at least for Green Lantern according to this:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1186049p1.html

Looks good. I wonder if he has the undies. Can't tell from this pic. However, we've already been shown more of the Super suit than Smallville ever showed us and this is just pic number one!

I don't mind the colors being muted. He's immediately recognizable as Superman and that's what counts. If they turn in a good movie, people won't be thinking twice about the fact that it's slightly darker than Reeve's suit.

• Like 1

Why not Inception? keep in mind I haven't seen the movie yet but everyone around me praises it I'm curious to know why someone for once doesn't think it's the greatest movie.

To answer that question I'm going to shamelessy promote my blog:

http://theflansblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/completely-unoriginal-christopher-nolan.html

"This film sucks. For all the criticism directors like Bay get for promoting effects over story Nolan, in the context of this film, deserves just as much. On top of that, there's nothing original about it. Inception is just a caper film and to spice it up they put the heist within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream...heck, I lost track of how many "layers" these people went through."

• Like 1

Why not Inception? keep in mind I haven't seen the movie yet but everyone around me praises it I'm curious to know why someone for once doesn't think it's the greatest movie. As for the Superman movie I agree that Supes is not the best character for gritty story and characterization but it seems that dark and edgy stuff is coming for DC movies from now on at least for Green Lantern according to this:

http://movies.ign.co.../1186049p1.html

Inception was over-hyped, I thought it was ok, but forgettable to me. Gritty isn't a good fit for the character, but maybe it will work. The movie needs to be story driven though, not action driven.

http://movies.ign.co.../1186049p1.html

Inception was over-hyped, I thought it was ok, but forgettable to me. Gritty isn't a good fit for the character, but maybe it will work. The movie needs to be story driven though, not action driven.

Really?... I thought Returns had too much story...

• Like 1

Why not Inception? keep in mind I haven't seen the movie yet but everyone around me praises it I'm curious to know why someone for once doesn't think it's the greatest movie.

To answer that question I'm going to shamelessy promote my blog:

http://theflansblog....pher-nolan.html

"This film sucks. For all the criticism directors like Bay get for promoting effects over story Nolan, in the context of this film, deserves just as much. On top of that, there's nothing original about it. Inception is just a caper film and to spice it up they put the heist within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream...heck, I lost track of how many "layers" these people went through."

The Michael Bay list you mentioned was done by IGN about a month ago and I agree The Rock is his best. I might check out Inception at some point but it's refreshing to know not everyone loves it.

• Like 1

But, to keep in line with the usual comments of initial pictures of a movie slated for almost two years from now:

Okay, now that we got that out of the way.

Hey, don't make fun. Somewhere someone's childhood IS ruined, they are swearing to never pay money for a ticket, and wondering why superheroes just can't wear spandex in movies anymore.

All because of this picture. This one picture...

• Like 1

I may have missed it, who said the movie is going to be "gritty"?

They actually haven't we're assuming/worried that since it's Nolan writing and Snyder directing that this might happen the same way we're worried that the movie will be plagued by slo-mo sequence that were cool at first but wore out their welcome quickly it's more of a concern than a complaint actually. Back to the costume is it me or it looks to be made of the same material as Spider-Mans in the Raimi movies?

Really?... I thought Returns had too much story...

It did have a lot of story, just not a good story. The original Superman movies were all story driven, which is the direction the character needs to go in.

I may have missed it, who said the movie is going to be "gritty"?

They actually haven't we're assuming/worried that since it's Nolan writing and Snyder directing that this might happen the same way we're worried that the movie will be plagued by slo-mo sequence that were cool at first but wore out their welcome quickly it's more of a concern than a complaint actually. Back to the costume is it me or it looks to be made of the same material as Spider-Mans in the Raimi movies?

belmont pretty much sums it up. They want to take the Batman formula and put it to Superman, and I just don't know how it will all turn out. Based on the picture (maybe we are wrong) but the colors are more muted... more, dare I say, gritty?

And yes, I think the costume looks like the same material from Rami's Spiderman (I could have an entire thread about how terrible Rami was for Spiderman)

Atleast The Man of Steel's costumer looks better then Amazing Spider-Man's

• Like 2

I imagine this shot is from one of about 30,000 pictures that make up about half a minute of a slo-mo fight sequence.

There are only 720 images in a half minute of slo-mo fight sequence. Incidentally, that's the same amount of images in a NON slo-mo fight scene as well. :P;)

I think the costume looks fine. I don't mind the muted colors. However, does anybody else see Ion Goffard, the guy who played Mr. Fantastic in the FF movies. I look at this picture and that is who I see, which is fine bc I like Ion and Henry.

The costume would actually be very good if it weren't for the drab coloring (Yeah. That's not the lighting.) and that stupid distracting texture that seems to be the requirement of every modern interpretation of a super-hero costume.

Primary colors have no place in a "realistic" movie about a flying space alien! But yeah, the texture is also annoying.

Can't wait to see all the SLO-MO action on screen (eat it featofstrength!) 300 had to be slowed down to show all the fighting (and to stretch a 10 minute movie)

285006_921012337074_34314617_42564215_4683655_n.jpg

and finally...INCEPTION WAS BORING, to say the least. And stolen from Donald Duck...

43401.jpg?v=1

5 Amazing Things Invented by Donald Duck

And shame on the world for allowing Leo DiCaprio to become our leading man. He has about as much charisma as a duck fart.