POTA - Hunted 7"

hemblecreations

Hi All,

This dio depicts Commander Hunter Hembling being the only survivor after his space craft crashed landed in the outer rims of the forbidden zone. After a few days travelling he comes across a dirt road and then suddenly he is fired apon, he looks where the shots had come from and to his surprise he see's Gorillas brandishing weapons.

Hembling flees for the forest and takes refuge waist deep in a muddy river bed where he sits and waits with his pistol at the ready and hopefully the Gorillas will completely miss him. He waits in the muddy river for over an hour and he thinks they have missed him then suddenly he hears foot steps and he knows that a Gorilla is just above him and he realizes that he is still being HUNTED.

RECIPE

Gorilla Soldier - is from NECA and he has had he's joints superglued then puttied up and then given a complete repaint, again I paid particluar attention to the face and eyes. I also repainted the body and gave the outfit some subtle washes and drybrushing to bring out the details.

Commander Hunter Hembling - I gave him my son's name and this figure has the body from a Artasylum's Star Trek Enterprise Archer and the head from Artasylum's TOS Scotty. The head was given a beard and new hair and the insignia and flag where found on the net and downsized and prined out and the name tag was done using PSP-6 and the pistol was from the parts box.

Base - The base was first built up using left over pieces of high density foam and then glued in position, I then got a piece of branch from the back garden and used that as a tree trunk and glued and pinned that into place.

I then covered the foam using plaster cloth strips and kept using them till I had the look I wanted. I let the plaster cloth dry then painted it dark brown and then covered the base with dirt, small twigs and bark I got from the back garden and ground it up into small pieces.

The vines and grass I got from the backyard and I let them dry for about an hour and then sprayed them with dull coate and then I painted them. I also used small ready made shrubs from Army Painter as well. The muddy water was done by mixing light brown paint with Woodland Scenics Realistic water then added that to the base.

Ron

post-17049-0-33609900-1412046723_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-06196100-1412046736_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-27259400-1412046747_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-42387500-1412046759_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-42847400-1412046780_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-96764200-1412046853_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-38696600-1412046869_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-94538700-1412046881_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-63894100-1412046892_thumb.jpg