Brightest Day Figs

Momentum

I hope they do a Brightest Day Lobo....one with all the different color lantern rings. A figure that is at least as good as the Mattel figure, DC Direct has yet to put out a really good Lobo.

Not surprised the figures look great, DC Direct can sculpt some amazing figs, only thing is Ronnie looks black, I haven't been keeping up but is that Jason, is Jason and Ronnie mixed together now?

Yes, for a time Jason and Ronnie were together and they couldn't separate, then Atom went inside and separated them, causing some sort of an explosion and they both ended up in the hospital, Prof. Stein then said it was dangerous for them to join again until he could figure out what was wrong or something like that. When they were together Jason was the brains and Ronnie was the body so the figure should be white unless it's bad lighting in the picture. My complain is why not make Deadman unnmasked with the trenchcoat???

Booyah! I've been waiting for DCD to do a definitive Aquaman and GA and it looks like these may be it! The rest of the figures look amazing as well, I love DCD! I personally don't get how people prefer Mattel over these, but that's just me.

• Like 1

Not surprised the figures look great, DC Direct can sculpt some amazing figs, only thing is Ronnie looks black, I haven't been keeping up but is that Jason, is Jason and Ronnie mixed together now?

Yes, for a time Jason and Ronnie were together and they couldn't separate, then Atom went inside and separated them, causing some sort of an explosion and they both ended up in the hospital, Prof. Stein then said it was dangerous for them to join again until he could figure out what was wrong or something like that. When they were together Jason was the brains and Ronnie was the body so the figure should be white unless it's bad lighting in the picture. My complain is why not make Deadman unnmasked with the trenchcoat???

Thanks for the info. So no one is Firestorm at the moment?

Also I may get the Aquaman figure. I don't know but lately I have really been digging Aquaman. He is cool and the figure looks good.

Booyah! I've been waiting for DCD to do a definitive Aquaman and GA and it looks like these may be it! The rest of the figures look amazing as well, I love DCD! I personally don't get how people prefer Mattel over these, but that's just me.

I think people such as myself want a single master line, something DCD can't or doesn't offer. Also people like the ability to pose their figures in more ways than DCD offers. Overall, I always stated their is a place for DCD, I like how they do artist inspired toys something no other company has done so far. I don't buy DCD like I used to because of Mattel but I love the place DCD has in the toy world.

My complain is why not make Deadman unnmasked with the trenchcoat???

I doubt he's going around looking like that for the whole series. I haven't started reading the Brightest Day series as yet, but I'm just going by this image.

brightest-days-future-july-2010-201.jpg

Don't care much for DCD, but might pick up Mera.

Hey everyone,

Basicly Mera's it for me. Actually I'm not even sure of that... sculpt looks great but she doesn't seem to have any articulation. If that's the annoying v crotch they always put on woman toys then i'm pretty much out. Why can't these figures even turn at the waist? Looks great but i'm not sure I want a collection of statues.

regards

Joshua

Aquaman and Hawkgirl just looks weird to me I don't like the looks of them. Only ones I think are good is Hawkman & Martian Manhunter. I have never like the hood Green Arrow I'm more on the hat Arrow.

Thanks for the info. So no one is Firestorm at the moment?

Also I may get the Aquaman figure. I don't know but lately I have really been digging Aquaman. He is cool and the figure looks good.

I feel the same way, I used to like Aquaman as a kid but lately I have found myself really liking the character and wanting to read more about him. I think he's a much better and more likeable character than that A#$hole Namor and this coming from a Marvel guy. I have every Blackest Night figure out so far and plan on getting the Aquaman and Mera, I'm just loving their story right now. I was ready to track down the Walmart DCUC Aquaman and Black Manta 2 pack just to have an Aquaman figure good thing this pic came out.

I think people such as myself want a single master line, something DCD can't or doesn't offer. Also people like the ability to pose their figures in more ways than DCD offers. Overall, I always stated their is a place for DCD, I like how they do artist inspired toys something no other company has done so far. I don't buy DCD like I used to because of Mattel but I love the place DCD has in the toy world.

Well said, very well said, In my case DCD works more for me; I understand for some people DCUC works more. I think there's a place for both lines in the DC collecting world and I for one I'm happy about it bring them on DC Direct.

I'm only interested in white lantern deadman :D As some of you may know I've been a little hyped about the character of late ...

I'm loving the new costumes on Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and Firestorm. I wish Deadman came with interchangeable heads. The one I'm most excited about it Mera! It's about time! Geoff Johns has made her cool again and has an interesting story set up for her (that last pasge of the mnost recent issue had my jaw on the ground!)

I'm hoping the line is successful so we can see Hawk and Dove and the new Aqualad as well as Antimonitor? Capt. Boomerang? Prof Zoom? Maxwell Lord? There are a bunch of characters that could fit into this as the story progresses.

Had a chance to read some of the new Brightest Day comics and I have to say I feel a bit let down. Sinestro Corps Wars and Blackest Night were epic, this just seems a bit bland, dare I say boring. And now I remember why I never liked the Hank Hall version of Hawk...