TNI Forums: Hi-Res Images For The TRU Exclusive G.I.Joe Senior Ranking Officer Packs - TNI Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hi-Res Images For The TRU Exclusive G.I.Joe Senior Ranking Officer Packs

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

• Monkey
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:10 PM

Hi-Res Images For The TRU Exclusive G.I.Joe Senior Ranking Officer Packs

View the full article

#2 User is offline   SalvoDeli 

• Mouser

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:00 PM

Are they advertising those clear ties as accessories now?

#3 User is offline   Alexx 

• Don't Fake the Funk on a Nasty Dunk

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

View PostSalvoDeli, on Feb 26 2008, 07:00 PM, said:

They should! I've been keeping them and wrapping them around Storm Shadow's swords (him and his versions/repaints). Now he can hold them!

Anyhow, looks to me like they threw 'em in the package for a package pic, then ripped 'em out really quick to get an out of package pic. I mean, red Cobra Commander is in the same pose both ways!

#4 User is offline   Jack 

• John Solo

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

I really hope they wipe that dirt off of Grunt's face before they release him, but I know they will not.

#5 User is offline   cmderinchief 

• The Mouth of Doom

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:30 PM

View PostJack, on Feb 26 2008, 08:13 PM, said:

I really hope they wipe that dirt off of Grunt's face before they release him, but I know they will not.

I think that is less dirt and more of a 5 o'clock shadow.

Ok, my nit pick...and I can fix this on my own, but why doesn't Hasbro equip the troopers with the AK assault rifle? It is just like the troop builder 6 pack back in '04....wrong gun choice. Does Hasbro not have the tool anymore to press these out? I can at least order from Maurader, but it just adds another stop to the process as with all the other troopers I got. Heck, Hasbro even managed to equiped the 'Toon troopers properly judging from the Toy Fair pics. Why can't they pull this off? Is it that hard??

Hey Kevin.....how many of these did you snatch up? :P

#6 User is offline   DPrime 

• Happy to be back...

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:22 PM

View Postcmderinchief, on Feb 26 2008, 05:30 PM, said:

I think he was poking fun. ;)

I hate the face too. The stubble doesn't look good, and really it's kind of bland anyway. I wish they had done up something more like that ugly mug Grunt, Zap and Grand Slam shared in RAH.

#7 User is offline   Pit Viper 

• G.I. Joe Collector

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:46 PM

Grunt loves him some Jello Pudding Pops.

#8 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

View Postcmderinchief, on Feb 26 2008, 06:30 PM, said:

Ok, my nit pick...and I can fix this on my own, but why doesn't Hasbro equip the troopers with the AK assault rifle? It is just like the troop builder 6 pack back in '04....wrong gun choice. Does Hasbro not have the tool anymore to press these out? I can at least order from Maurader, but it just adds another stop to the process as with all the other troopers I got. Heck, Hasbro even managed to equiped the 'Toon troopers properly judging from the Toy Fair pics. Why can't they pull this off? Is it that hard??

SHHHHHH!

Be quiet or we'll start getting guns that were released with figures from the 90's, and in colors like brown, green and purple! ;)

#9 User is offline   Nerd-Viper 

• Cobra's Elite Nerd

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

welcome to the suck. @smilepunch@

#10 User is offline   Pit Viper 

• G.I. Joe Collector

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:33 PM

View PostDarthJoe, on Feb 26 2008, 09:06 PM, said:

SHHHHHH!

Be quiet or we'll start getting guns that were released with figures from the 90's, and in colors like brown, green and purple! ;)

Brown and green? I would have killed for such guns back then. More like pink, orange, and light blue.

#11 User is offline   Admiral Hunter 

• REF Fleet Admiral

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

I only got one of each, Gary. No point in buying more than that. While I like the 25th, my army building is RAH and VvV sculpts.

-Kevin

#12 User is offline   I AM SCI-FI 

• ||| Arashikage Tengu ||| a.k.a. The Cerebral Buttocks

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:35 PM

Uh, oh. Is the regular Crimson Guard Trooper missing his sidearm? I don't see it in either the packaged or non-packaged pics.

#13 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:08 AM

View PostPit Viper, on Feb 26 2008, 08:33 PM, said:

View PostDarthJoe, on Feb 26 2008, 09:06 PM, said:

SHHHHHH!

Brown and green? I would have killed for such guns back then. More like pink, orange, and light blue.

I was thinking more along the lines of all the reissued weapons we got from JvC, Spytroops and VvV (with a bit of over-exaggeration)...but yeah...you're right too.

That's the one thing that's drawn me to the 25th line - new weapons!

#14 User is offline   umanumanamo 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

I've decided I'm passing on these unless I see them on clearance, down the line. Now that I think of it, I'll probably pass on most of the TRU exclusives. I'm mildly interested in the Cobra Night Watch set, but I can wait and see if it ends up with a clearance price sometime. No big deal if it doesn't. However, I would really like to see the Firefly vs. Green Shirts set...

#15 User is offline   kreyonkid 

• Tri-Klops

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:24 AM

yup, i'm gonna pass on these too unless they are on clearance.

#16 User is offline   obiprime 

• $ I like It $

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:30 AM

Im gonna be all over the Cobra Trooper. Hes got green Eyes man!!!! And im gonna get 2 crimson Packs at least!!! Sorry but gonna pass on the JOES!

#17 User is offline   BrotherShane 

• As seen on TV!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:34 AM

View Postumanumanamo, on Feb 27 2008, 07:57 AM, said:

I've decided I'm passing on these unless I see them on clearance, down the line. Now that I think of it, I'll probably pass on most of the TRU exclusives. I'm mildly interested in the Cobra Night Watch set, but I can wait and see if it ends up with a clearance price sometime. No big deal if it doesn't. However, I would really like to see the Firefly vs. Green Shirts set...

I agree, I'm just not interested in any of these.

#18 User is offline   umanumanamo 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:15 PM

Really, it's not a bad idea, but if they had put more effort into the sculpts and character selection, I would be singing a different tune.

#19 User is offline   cmderinchief 

• The Mouth of Doom

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

View PostDPrime, on Feb 26 2008, 09:22 PM, said:

I hate the face too. The stubble doesn't look good, and really it's kind of bland anyway. I wish they had done up something more like that ugly mug Grunt, Zap and Grand Slam shared in RAH.

That was poking fun!? Huh.....didn't make the connection. :P

Anyway, I am not afraid to admint it.....I am a shill....so I will get 'em ;)

#20 User is offline   Goldbug 

• Autobot

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

View PostAlexx, on Feb 26 2008, 06:49 PM, said:

View PostSalvoDeli, on Feb 26 2008, 07:00 PM, said:

They should! I've been keeping them and wrapping them around Storm Shadow's swords (him and his versions/repaints). Now he can hold them!

Anyhow, looks to me like they threw 'em in the package for a package pic, then ripped 'em out really quick to get an out of package pic. I mean, red Cobra Commander is in the same pose both ways!

Yes I keep those clear rubber bands too! They come in handy! Fixed my loose HISS tank cannons, loose Stinger missile launcher, & loose Sky Raven cockpit.

View Postcmderinchief, on Feb 26 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

I don't remember Grunt having any 5 o'clock shadow. I thought that was just Breaker. Well Grunt is going to be chewed out by his CO. @loll@
You know they could have given the troopers the AK-47! Scarface has it. I would have even preferred that they give them the Crimson twins guns even.

#21 User is offline   Nerd-Viper 

• Cobra's Elite Nerd

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:55 PM

View Postumanumanamo, on Feb 27 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

Really, it's not a bad idea, but if they had put more effort into the sculpts and character selection, I would be singing a different tune.

Exactly! You put it just right my friend. They could do SO much more with the character selection and the frankensteining of parts. That repaint of the CG to make him a CG "officer" is just horrible. It just seems like they put as little thought into it as possible.

#22 User is offline   Archer1120 

• Anonymous Prime

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:53 PM

I'm a Cobra Commander fan, so I'll pick up non-crimson one. With that paint job he looks spot on to the Sunbow cartoon, even down to the belt buckle! I really like this one.

#23 User is offline   DPrime 

• Happy to be back...

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

View Postcmderinchief, on Feb 27 2008, 09:30 AM, said:

View PostDPrime, on Feb 26 2008, 09:22 PM, said:

That was poking fun!? Huh.....didn't make the connection. :P

Sure, next time you have a friend who's trying to grow a beard, or worse, going for that stupid "Lost" stubble look, tell him he's got dirt on his face. It's great!

#24 User is offline   cmderinchief 

• The Mouth of Doom

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

View PostGoldbug, on Feb 27 2008, 07:54 PM, said:

You know they could have given the troopers the AK-47! Scarface has it. I would have even preferred that they give them the Crimson twins guns even.

Yeah, you beat me to this....I have been on the road and off the net all day. Anyway, I got my W3 Comic Packs yesterday. The Scarface figure is HOW a trooper should be done, and yes, they gave him an AK. What in the hell were they thinking about the WWII era rifle for the CG?!

#25 User is offline   Goldbug 

• Autobot

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:16 PM

View Postcmderinchief, on Feb 28 2008, 07:44 PM, said:

View PostGoldbug, on Feb 27 2008, 07:54 PM, said:

Yeah, you beat me to this....I have been on the road and off the net all day. Anyway, I got my W3 Comic Packs yesterday. The Scarface figure is HOW a trooper should be done, and yes, they gave him an AK. What in the hell were they thinking about the WWII era rifle for the CG?!

I think it's supposed to be a Springfield rifle. I still don't understand why Fred is even in that pack since they never showed any CG's in the comic.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us