MOTUC Mossman: To Flock Or Not To Flock? That Is The Question

JayC

I would be happy if they took the head off the flocked version, unflocked it, and put it on the unflocked body. The head sculpt for the flocked body looks better than the Green Beastman head on the unflocked body.

Of course they could avoid this whole problem if they would just use a unique sculpt as oppose to reusing the Beastman/Stratos body.

A picture of the 200X Mossman looks worn at the shoulders.

Or they could put him off and do a better character: Ram man, Meckaneck, Man E Faces, Evil Lyn, Prince Adam, Orko, etc...

But I'll probably buy whatever they put out because I'm Mattel's b***h.

It should be noted that the flocked version is shown with head sculpt 1 and the unflocked version is shown with head sculpt 2, and that both heads would be included regardless of which body they choose to go with.

Maybe its just me, but Moss man is just a green Beastman without the flock. I would be very disapointed if they decided to give him to us cheaply painted green with no flock. I mean its bad enough we know he wont spell like a car freshener...lol.

Mossy has to be flocked, its just the character.

The flocked sample looks much better IMO. I'd rather they wait and get it right.

Totally agree. I really hope they don't go the easy way.....a delay is is not a bad thing if in the end it means a better/more interesting figure.

Understand this Mattel: It is very imparitive to me that Moss Man is flocked. I would rather lose articulation than flocking. It's that important. Moss Man is a very special character to me because of my grandmother (long story). He's probably the best looking figure announced and he needs to be flocked. I don't care if I have to wait till December, get me a flocked Moss Man.

No flocking but with a good paint opp. and shading.

Not trying to step on toes with the following, but if you want a flocked Moss Man, why don't you buy a 200X or original Moss Man?

I hate the idea that every MOTUC figure has to be a clone of the '80s figures simply because people need a nostalgia fix.

I have a 200X Moss Man, and it looks like crap now because of the flocking. Maybe I just got a bad Moss Man, or maybe flocking looks cool for a few and then ruins the figure in the long term. I want to be able to display these for years as my definitive MOTU collection; I don't want to have to put some figures in a drawer because they look like garbage.

I think if they gave Moss Man a nice paint job, he'll look just as good. I don't see the point of ruining a good sculpt because of a gimmicky idea to hide parts reuse from 25 years ago.

While I don't collect the line as of yet, he looks awful not un-flocked!!! I mean no amount of shading or washes would do him justice!! Just push him back and do him right, flocked!!! But really since when does Mattel listen to the fans!! They'll do whatever!! If everyone wants flocked Moss Man, then they'll go the opposite route I bet!!

I would prefer flocked as it just seems like a complete, newly tooled figure. Besides, I'm unsure how that awesome flocked head will look on a plain green Beastman body. The flocking I think looks awesome especially with the vine-like pouch and mace. This would be a deal-breaker for me.

Toyguru said on He-Man.org that there is simply no possible way to get a fully flocked figure with full articulation.

That's why I'm surprised at the number of people who are OK with getting a statue of Moss Man rather than a MOTUC action figure.

Personally, I would rather have a non-flocked Mossman. I don't want to lose that much necessary articulation. It was stated over at He-Man.org that Mossman would lose his elbow, knee and ankle joints. I'm paying $20 for an action figure, not a fuzzy statue. I think with some washes and dry-brushes, a non-flock Mossman would look absolutely amazing. Besides, I'm still wondering how to remove the flocking from my 2002 Panthor so he resembles the rest of the beasts in the line. 80's nostalgia for things is cool, but I don't think past memories should completely dictate a new toy.

FLOCKED!

The painted version looks like crap! It is a really awful figure, who wants that?

The flocked version looks great. I would rather have him fully flocked like that, and have the flocking rub off in the joints, than have the painted version. Or maybe they can strategically leave him unflocked inside the joints, like his hands are.

And I don't mind any sort of delay for him, I am sure most people don't.

Whatever they decide to do about it, the flocked version is the ONLY way to go.

No flocking but with a good paint opp. and shading.

Not trying to step on toes with the following, but if you want a flocked Moss Man, why don't you buy a 200X or original Moss Man?

I hate the idea that every MOTUC figure has to be a clone of the '80s figures simply because people need a nostalgia fix.

I have a 200X Moss Man, and it looks like crap now because of the flocking. Maybe I just got a bad Moss Man, or maybe flocking looks cool for a few and then ruins the figure in the long term. I want to be able to display these for years as my definitive MOTU collection; I don't want to have to put some figures in a drawer because they look like garbage.

I think if they gave Moss Man a nice paint job, he'll look just as good. I don't see the point of ruining a good sculpt because of a gimmicky idea to hide parts reuse from 25 years ago.

l prefer flock and not because of nostalga

Honestly, the "naked" ver is odd simply because the recycled body makes him appear to be a green hairy creature

I mean, if mattel gave Mossman a new sculpted body that doesn't isn't hairy, a flocked one may not be necessary

UPDATE

However, it is mentioned that some of the pos will be gone. I think l would rather have a deflocked ver

I would be happy if they took the head off the flocked version, unflocked it, and put it on the unflocked body. The head sculpt for the flocked body looks better than the Green Beastman head on the unflocked body.

Of course they could avoid this whole problem if they would just use a unique sculpt as oppose to reusing the Beastman/Stratos body.

A picture of the 200X Mossman looks worn at the shoulders.

Or they could put him off and do a better character: Ram man, Meckaneck, Man E Faces, Evil Lyn, Prince Adam, Orko, etc...

But I'll probably buy whatever they put out because I'm Mattel's b***h.

The mossman mail toy had no flockin on half of the shoulder area to prevent rubbin

Pff...they can coat him in cotton candy for all it's worth...these guys are too hard acquire anyways!!! All those new upcoming figures are all awesome, but I'd wish they'd either re-release or make more of them. I know it's an old annoying issue, but I gotta at least try nailing some sense into Mattel's collective head. Sorry, guess I'm just a bitter fanboy.

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE