• Group: Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

NECA Toys Robocop ED-209 Figure Video Review & Images

View the full article

#2 User is offline   beckmen 

• Andorian

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

My Amazon review. I was kind of hard on it, because I pull no punches. But I don't regret the buy.

It's ED-209, and it looks great. That alone was enough to get me to pre-order it. It seems to be based on the Phil Tippet stop-motion model, not the full-size prop. It has a smoother, more rounded dome...I believe the prop had a slight more boxey and wide one.

However, with the 60 dollar price tag, I ended up somewhat disappointed. Flaws that were brought to my attention...

The speaker installed in it is awful. Had NECA spent like a dollar more on parts, the sound and voice function would be passable. As it stands, you can barely hear what is supposed to be happening. Kenner/Hasbro can manage better sound quality than this.

The whole thing is made out of a cheap-feeling plastic. It seems very crackable. One took tumble from a shelf and you might be looking at a broken piece.

The articulation is lacking. The swivel joint the body attaches to the legs only allows a few degrees of movement. The toes aren't articulated at all (Phil Tippet would not approve), the shoulder joint is swivel only, limited how you can position the guns.

The missile launcher doesn't fold out all the way. In mine, you can only fold it out barely enough for one missile to be visible.

All of these complaints could easily be excused if the price was lower. "You get what you pay for.". But this is a toy that costs three times as much as the 7-inch scale figures it is designed alongside. It probably uses about double the plastic, and includes no accessories. Not as much care is taken into the articulation as some of the 7-inch figures NECA has produced recently.

Keep in mind that NECA is only producing one line of these. I don't know exactly what that means, but they are implying that if you don't get it now, you'll b e looking at a massive price tag from ebay scalpers once it's off the shelves.

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Got my EDs yesterday from BBTS. They lowered the price so that was cool. I have no complaints.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

i can't wait to get mine. he looks awesome.

#5 User is offline   LAWNMOWERMAN 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

Toys R US.com

now has the ED-209s up too

http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=search

#6 User is offline   barbecue17 

• www.thepicreview.com

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Just reviewed ED-209 in the form of an FAQ: Enjoy!

ED-209 Review/FAQ

#7 User is offline   beckmen 

• Andorian

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Hah, good job on the review. I like the tongue-in-cheek humor. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us