Wal-Mart Exclusive DCUC Crime Syndicate of America 5-Pack Found At Retail For $80

The Wire

Collecting is a horrible and expensive hobby,. Prices are taking all the fun away from it.

Agree. And you know what they say about hobbies, "If it ain't fun anymore . . . stop."

I feel like I am getting to that point. When I have to worry about money issues all the time it isn't fun, I look around at the stuff I have and lose my excitement in thinking of how much of a financial burden it has been to get these things.

• Like 1

guys come on, they seem to be the first ones to have them. of course the price is high now. wait a little while and you will see the price will drop. i read somwhere that green lantern classics were 20usd when they first came out. same thing happend with the green lantern 5 pack. high at first and then clearenced at last. lol

guys come on, they seem to be the first ones to have them. of course the price is high now. wait a little while and you will see the price will drop. i read somwhere that green lantern classics were 20usd when they first came out. same thing happend with the green lantern 5 pack. high at first and then clearenced at last. lol

Yeah, I remember seeing the Green Lantern boxset for $25 about a month or two after it came out.

Times are rough, my investments are in the toilet, i lost a grand in just the past month. Part of me is glad for the price cuz it will keep away thease scalpers, if the economy keeps going this way i can see many toy lines closing and only selling the cheapest low Cost stuff. But i think there are enough people who have enough deposeable income that can keep this hobby going and of course the plastic addict that can't pay their rent but just bought a 100$ toy off eBay LOL. I wish stuff was cheaper but the toy business is a business, they already use cheap labor and factories, could u imagine if the labor and factories were in the US, man each figure would be like 40$ just to make a disent profit LOL. I'm going to get it, saw pics if them at the con and they look to good to pass up, maybe soon they will reach my price limit and then all have to quit but so far with 2 children and a house i can still make it. Recovery my arse LOL

80 bucks is a bit much for this. Hopefully this is some sort of test market deal where there tyring to see how the new price point works.

I''ll probably still buy it if it does cost this much as i want my crime syndicate (and i dont like relying on things going on clearance).

Still it sucks for those who really try to keep up with multiple toy lines or are on a limited budget.

I see this as a bit of a rip-off too. We're paying $15 a figure + tax, which is what we're paying for a single-carded figure, and getting less. Also, like others have said, it is likely costing Mattel less to package these.

It's the same argument I had when Hasbro took over Marvel Legends. They took out the comic book and reduced the quality of both the figure and the baf AND jacked the price up.

There are only five figures in Wave 20 and Nekron is the BAF. I don't know but it seems a new Sinestro in his Corps uniform, another Hal, and white lantern Flash are also at times being packaged with them.....who knows for sure?

No Mattel made it pretty clear there are seven figures in Wave 20.

There are only five figures in Wave 20 and Nekron is the BAF. I don't know but it seems a new Sinestro in his Corps uniform, another Hal, and white lantern Flash are also at times being packaged with them.....who knows for sure?

No Mattel made it pretty clear there are seven figures in Wave 20.

Then what are the other figures, the websites only have 5 figs listed with BBTS listing an extra 3 as the ones I mentioned above.

• Like 1

I refused to pay the $50+ for the Green Lantern 5 pack and so I didn't buy one from the store. But since there was such a stockpile of these left bc a lot of people refused to pay $50 they went on clearance and I ended up getting two for less then the retail cost. My guess is this is what will happen. Eventually Mattel should realize they won't sell for that amount and lower the price or we'll continue buying them when walmart clearances them out.

I'm still trying to figure out which one this is :P

$120 plus a BAF for a wave at BBTS

Wave 20 plus shipping for the cheapest shipping method possible. Shipping varies of course.

Are you talking about that set of 7 (plus the CnC figure)? Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. Even with BBTS prices. Comes out about to about $17.25 per figure (not including the "free" one).

edit: wow, lots of posts while I was typing...

edit: so where do those "best of" figures with no CnC pieces come in to play? as far as I know they cost the same as the rest