2008 NYCC - Mattel and DC panel (Images Added)

JohnnyRebelV2

As of right now we know of Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Lightray, and Amazo. I wonder who’s to come. The batman fan boy in me is certainly hoping for some more rogues. I’d love to see a Flash and/or Green Arrow soon too. I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that any series including Wonder Woman will just naturally have a Giganta B-A-F. Who knows? I certainly hope I’m right though. Wouldn’t she be out very first female B-A-F (including ML‘s and LCBH)?

Giganta WOULD be cool.

I'd love a Chemo, personally. there's just something really cool about the idea of a 12" translucent green 'golem' on my shelf.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Two-Face and Clayface show up again. Not terribly keen on paying through the nose on eBay, and it's not like they can't milk a repaint out of both of them.

Giganta WOULD be cool.

I'd love a Chemo, personally. there's just something really cool about the idea of a 12" translucent green 'golem' on my shelf.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Two-Face and Clayface show up again. Not terribly keen on paying through the nose on eBay, and it's not like they can't milk a repaint out of both of them.

Don't know if you have them around you, but check Big Lots. They pick up the leftovers of things like this and sell them at or below MSRP. The one near me has that line - I'll check to see if it has those particulars and let you know.

As for what gets revealed at NYCC, all I can say is some online retailers are already pushing pre-orders for wave 5, without even knowing what's in it. Let the speculation begin!

Whoever is actually onsite, can you ask Mattel if they are planning on rolling previously poorly distributed figures ( Cyborg Superman etc) into this line so we don't have to shell out $80 for him. Y'know since the pisspoor distribution was kinda their fault...but ask it in a nice, diplomatic way. Thanks!

A brief synopsis of the DCUC panel was just posted.....

SDCC Exclusive is LOBO!

Batman Beyond!

Hawkman!

Hippie Superman!

Mr. Miracle!

a store exclusive line that is released all year long!

Read the entire synopsis to understand what the frag I'm talking about.

We're getting some totally sweet figures this year.

Lobo is the SDCC exclusive. The next wave is Cyborg, Batman Beyond, WW, Ares and Captain Atom. BAF is Despero!

There will be a Wal-Mart only wave that's being shipped throughout the year and included Hippie Superman, Amazo, Riddler, Atom and Black Lightning. The BAF for that line is Metallo.

Two packs are coming too and sound like they're re-issues except for Lightray who's packed with an Orion (re-moveable helmet!)

No pics were posted but I'm sure they're coming!

We're getting some totally sweet figures this year.

Lobo is the SDCC exclusive. The next wave is Cyborg, Batman Beyond, WW, Ares and Captain Atom. BAF is Despero!

There will be a Wal-Mart only wave that's being shipped throughout the year and included Hippie Superman, Amazo, Riddler, Atom and Black Lightning. The BAF for that line is Metallo.

Two packs are coming too and sound like they're re-issues except for Lightray who's packed with an Orion (re-moveable helmet!)

No pics were posted but I'm sure they're coming!

Just woke up from fainting. That WM wave sounds amazing. Despero, Metallo and Riddler! In one wave! Oh, and need I say Black Lightning is my no. 1 requested DCUC. I'm gonna go broke this year!

i personally think thats it's bull$h!t that lobo is an exclusive.the sheer fact that he is one of the top 5 most wanted asures a huge ebay price tag for those unable to attend the sdcc.why not a mail away or a BAF of LOBO.geez i hate to complain,but other than Captain Atom and deadshot,LOBO was at the top of my list.

thank you for reading me vent.

God Bless,

JC

Is the distribution on these going to improve any? I get all excited thinking about all these new figures and then it hits me...it will be a fluke of chance if I am ever lucky enough to see these at retail.

Oh, AND Mattel clearly doesn't understand the concept of the internet....PICTURES! We wanna see! We wanna see!

And while I'm thinking about it, what is the name of the "Jesse Falcon" over at Mattel in charge of the DC stuff?

Actually I am mixed with the whole thing. I am super excited about the figures but not happy about Lobo, the variants, and the Wal-Mart exclusives. I usually preorder 3 cases of the DCUC, I have preordered the first 3 cases each of the first 3 waves. Plus I plan on searching for variants becaue I need 3 of each for my collection also. I started preordering in order not to have to search and an effort to snub Wal-Mart, now it looks like I will be back in the trenches. Lobo is much to popular for the SDCC exclusive and I am sure he is going to go for major $$$ on ebay and other places...NOT HAPPY. Now with high gas prices shipping will go up and BBTS and the cost to go searching ARRGG, I guess I am down to collecting DCUC, the occasionaly Marvel Legends that I like, and the Transformers classics..Either way I am happy but now with Infinite Heroes, my wallet is empty, I may drop collecting the DCD 13 inch figures. How about I need more money.

Metallo looks amazing! Makes that DCD figure from a few years ago look like ass.

And I'm lovin' the Main Man. Especially the 3D glasses. Too bad he comes with the dog instead of his bike, but thats just pickin' nits.

If Wal-Mart is getting an exclusive wave I hope that means they will start carrying the regular waves too.

Is Riddler just a repainted Two-Face with a new head. If it is I don't mind, he looks great. I really want to replace all of my Hush figures some day. I hope they do Poison Ivy next year.

I wonder which Batgirl is going to be in the two pack. I need Azreal so I might get that.

I want to see that Ares.

Looks like there are going to be some cool big guys.

Lobo was a nice suprise. I can stop complaining about that now. Thanks Mattel. Hopefully I will be able to actually get him though.

Wow... I am rather disappointed with there choice of lobo for a exclusive ...Personally I've always hated the guy even in the cartoons I've found him annoying and boring :S