• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

The only thing worth getting would be the Sandcrawler

#3 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Do or do not...there is no try."
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

I beg to differ...I love the Episode III Vader, Scout Trooper, and Cantina Band ones. The rest (minus the Sandcrawler), I could do without though.

#4 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostDevilbat, on 14 April 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

I beg to differ...I love the Episode III Vader, Scout Trooper, and Cantina Band ones. The rest (minus the Sandcrawler), I could do without though.

Well I only like the vehicles not the figures

#5 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Just out of curiosity Wheeljack...why don't you like the figural ornaments?

#6 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostDevilbat, on 15 April 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity Wheeljack...why don't you like the figural ornaments?

They don't appeal to me I have always liked the vehicles

#7 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

I'll never understand the want for these...I mean, it's cheaper and better sculpted to hang action figures and micro machines from your tree.

And this goes for all Hallmark keepsakes: nothing says "celebrate the birth of Christ, your savior" like Rainbow Bright, or the Wicked Witch, or Batman, or Harry Potter, etc...No need for lil Santa hats or other tiny seasonal decor. It's enough just to show off your big licensing deal with soft likenesses and poor details. *DISTRACTION- it's got a sound chip!*

Im guilty of owning a handful myself, but they usually stay in the box or get their own cheesy lil Christmas tree if they do get displayed. I dunno...just my opinion, but I feel weird putting the Larry, Moe, and Curly up with Balthazar, Melchior, and Caspar. Maybe they can get to the manger faster by hitching a ride in the Family Truckster? Just mind Aunt Edna when you stow those gifts on the luggage rack, boys.

#8 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 16 April 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

I'll never understand the want for these...I mean, it's cheaper and better sculpted to hang action figures and micro machines from your tree.

And this goes for all Hallmark keepsakes: nothing says "celebrate the birth of Christ, your savior" like Rainbow Bright, or the Wicked Witch, or Batman, or Harry Potter, etc...No need for lil Santa hats or other tiny seasonal decor. It's enough just to show off your big licensing deal with soft likenesses and poor details. *DISTRACTION- it's got a sound chip!*

Im guilty of owning a handful myself, but they usually stay in the box or get their own cheesy lil Christmas tree if they do get displayed. I dunno...just my opinion, but I feel weird putting the Larry, Moe, and Curly up with Balthazar, Melchior, and Caspar. Maybe they can get to the manger faster by hitching a ride in the Family Truckster? Just mind Aunt Edna when you stow those gifts on the luggage rack, boys.

for me the vehicles are a bit bigger in scale and I like that and I have that same Family Truckster.I keep that out all year

#9 User is offline   Devilbat 

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 16 April 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

(lol) Thanks alot feat...you've just made me realize how ridiculous owning commercial ornaments is.

No seriously, there are a couple of reasons I love them so much. Many if not most of my Christmas mornings as a kid revolved (and still do) around opening Star Wars-related gifts of some type or another, and I just have alot of fond family memories associated with Star Wars in general. So there's that, and...there's the OCD side of my brain that would never let me decorate a tree with anything other than ornaments. (lol) And of course I do on some level appreciate their collectible nature. There's one thing I do agree with Wheeljack on though...the vehicles do tend to be a lot more detailed than the character ornaments I think. Some of the earlier ones even look a little like tiny paper mâché pinatas, the sculpting's so terrible. (lol)

I used to keep up with getting them pretty well, especially back when everyone hadn't caught on to collecting them as much, and you could walk in just about any Hallmark store around June or July and find them on the clearance shelf for dirt cheap. But nowadays I'm way behind on them...I hadn't gotten a lot of them in recent years, and I'd really like to catch up, especially now that I actually have a spare room to put up a Star Wars tree in.

#10 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hey, at least that Yoda is dressed as Santa!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us