Top and Bottom Masters of the Universe Classics of 2012

Wheeljack35

That bottom 5 just goes to show how well Mattel employees know their product, in more ways than one. Draego-Man, shows they should keep the designing to the 4 horsemen, lol. Fisto looks awesome, I personally love the 200X look, and it's awesome they gave all those extra options.

That bottom 5 just goes to show how well Mattel employees know their product, in more ways than one. Draego-Man, shows they should keep the designing to the 4 horsemen, lol. Fisto looks awesome, I personally love the 200X look, and it's awesome they gave all those extra options.

There would definitely be less complaining if every figure got the Fisto treatment... Instead Mattel waste resources on Vykron, Star Sisters, FFM, etc....

I agree with the poll results. I sort of feel badly that three major players got their designs so whole-heartedly rejected by the fans, but then again, I ended up paying money for those pieces of tripe so maybe I don't feel so badly after all.

Like JoeRhyno said, it just goes to show how out of touch the powers that be are with their line.

And for what it's worth, I liked certain parts of Spector, like his boots and wrist weapon. I just think maybe Neitlich should have done his own 200X re-interpretation of the figure, eschewed that goofy spade, and made him less of a Mary Sue.

But again, out of touch. When fulfilling your own pipe dream overrides good business sense in catering to your buyer base, you're going to have that exact recipe for failure.

However, in 20 years, I doubt anyone will be decrying the sucktitude of Spector, while Neitlich can still admire his creation on whatever pedestal he'll have him displayed on.

So over all, I guess it's still a win for Neitlich.

And since I'm feeling like playing Devil's Advocate a little today, I decided to challenge myself to come up with a more palatable bio for Spector in the 15minutes it takes for me to take a shower. So, without further ado, I give you:

The Mighty Spector "Keeper of the Secrets of Castle Grayskull"

Long thought to be just another ghost haunting the ruins of CASTLE GRAYSKULL, the MIGHTY SPECTOR was determined to be the time-displaced spirit of one of the ETERNIAN GUARDS felled by Hordak during the abduction of PRINCESS ADORA. Drawing upon the skills gained from both her mother and father, the new SORCERESS TEELA constructed a magical suit capable of harnessing the MIGHTY SPECTOR into a semi-tangible form. Having spent an unknown amount of time roaming the ruins of CASTLE GRAYSKULL, the MIGHTY SPECTOR'S knowledge of the secrets of the castle rivals even that of the last SORCERESS, and his skills as an antiquarian have proved invaluable to both TEELA and KING HE-MAN time and time again. A formidable warrior, the MIGHTY SPECTOR has the natural ability to blend in with darkness and shadow and can even phase shift through walls. His continued service will surely help turn the tide against the GREAT REBELLION.

Okay, I just added that last sentence in because while I was conceptualising this bio, I had this really odd thought: what if there was a breakdown/disagreement/sibling rivalry/political fallout that started up between He-Man and She-Ra after all the evil forces were subdued? Who's King He-Man supposed to be fighting after all? And why isn't he King Adam instead? Well, if your adversary already knows who you are, then there's no real point in keeping that secret identity. Go with who's more marketable.

So yeah, I figure it would be neat to have *another* Great Rebellion headed by She-Ra against King He-Man.

At any rate, this bio made the Mighty Spector more acceptable in my own head.

I can't believe Fisto beat Dreago-Man. :) But I can see why since Fisto was not only awesome as a figure, but was made to be vintage or 200x, thus making 2 sides of the fan base happy.

And regarding the 30th Ann. CAC figures, I don't think they had fans interests in mind with these but instead made to glorify those involved with the line. I think people who bought the 30th Anniversary sub kinda got screwed with the likes of Sir Laser Lot and Cy-Chop. But if you like those figures, more power to you.

And since I'm feeling like playing Devil's Advocate a little today, I decided to challenge myself to come up with a more palatable bio for Spector in the 15minutes it takes for me to take a shower. So, without further ado, I give you:

The Mighty Spector "Keeper of the Secrets of Castle Grayskull"

Long thought to be just another ghost haunting the ruins of CASTLE GRAYSKULL, the MIGHTY SPECTOR was determined to be the time-displaced spirit of one of the ETERNIAN GUARDS felled by Hordak during the abduction of PRINCESS ADORA. Drawing upon the skills gained from both her mother and father, the new SORCERESS TEELA constructed a magical suit capable of harnessing the MIGHTY SPECTOR into a semi-tangible form. Having spent an unknown amount of time roaming the ruins of CASTLE GRAYSKULL, the MIGHTY SPECTOR'S knowledge of the secrets of the castle rivals even that of the last SORCERESS, and his skills as an antiquarian have proved invaluable to both TEELA and KING HE-MAN time and time again. A formidable warrior, the MIGHTY SPECTOR has the natural ability to blend in with darkness and shadow and can even phase shift through walls. His continued service will surely help turn the tide against the GREAT REBELLION.

Okay, I just added that last sentence in because while I was conceptualising this bio, I had this really odd thought: what if there was a breakdown/disagreement/sibling rivalry/political fallout that started up between He-Man and She-Ra after all the evil forces were subdued? Who's King He-Man supposed to be fighting after all? And why isn't he King Adam instead? Well, if your adversary already knows who you are, then there's no real point in keeping that secret identity. Go with who's more marketable.

So yeah, I figure it would be neat to have *another* Great Rebellion headed by She-Ra against King He-Man.

At any rate, this bio made the Mighty Spector more acceptable in my own head.

Good stuff, Shuttle. And that's a great bio. Certainly better, more creative, and more interesting than the actual bio for Spector. Maybe if Neitlich's bio hadn't been so lame fans would have liked the character a little. As he is, he has no place in MOTU.

As for the idea of a sibling rivalry, it's not a bad one, but there's no way He-Man would ever be anything but good. Same thing with She-Ra. He gave up being He-Man (in a Filmation episode) when he thought he took a life. That's not the kind of guy that gets corrupted or wages war against his twin sister. :D

Yeah, but keep in mind that the cartoon was pretty sanitised. I mean, what's the point of having a sword if you're just going to use it to deflect blaster bolts?

Also, the recent (crappy) He-Man digital comics have him knocking off Trap-Jaw's well, jaw. And Despara Adora impaling rebels. Disagreement doesn't need to mean that some one is evil or corrupt. Both parties just might have vastly different views of the future of Eternia.

Glad you liked the bio, tho.

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE