• Spock
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

ugh dont like any of them, the only half decent one is the batgirl

#4 User is offline   shadowboy_2099 

• Jabba the Hutt
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:56 PM

pass...i don`t like quitely`s art style. . .

#5 User is offline   Cloud 

• Jango Fett

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:21 PM

And you thought DCD would be getting better when there's competition. One of the worse series DCD ever made. The All Star Batman line could have been a great wave with Jim Lee style Batman(update),Robin,Batgirl,Superman,WonderWoman,GreenLantern, etc.

#6 User is offline   die fighting x 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

All about the Superman. I'm pretty sick of every Supes figure/comic representation portraying him with muscles practically ripping through his costume. He'll be going right next to my New Frontier Superman.

Bats, not too shabby. I'm a sucker for Jim Lee Batman, even if that book is completely unreadable.

#7 User is offline   Lemonhead 

• Mouser
  • Group: Banned

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:40 PM

I usually appreciate the often-eclectic figures that DC Direct produces. For instance, I love the KINGDOM COME and JUSTICE figures...

...And the Darwyn Cooke-inspired NEW FRONTIER figures...

...But these are just plain ugly. Eeeewwww...

#US1#

#8 User is offline   ElizabethxLockhart 

• Andorian

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:33 PM

I like how Super Lois looks.

#9 User is offline   SlushyFrog 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:51 AM

View PostElizabethxLockhart, on Jan 23 2008, 06:33 PM, said:

I like how Super Lois looks.

I agree. She looks exactly like Quitely's art in 3D.

#10 User is offline   acethebathound 

• Quintesson

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:29 PM

Yeah, I like Lois but I am not following the story - so I doubt I'll get her. The rest - no thanks.

Also, isn't it All Star Batman and Robin? So, ummm, yeah...where's Robin? :rollseyes:

#11 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

very YAWN indeed I really do think DCD is dead now what with dccu out and about! Also what is with that funky articulation on them?.. I can actually SEE it!!! I thought that normally dcd hides it or what not but this looks like some sad attempt to ad ml/dccu type articulation to the figures :S I could just be wayyyy offf here as I don't buy many dcd but man that looks bad!

#12 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

all look pretty good and close to the artist interpretation. might pick up the Superman and Lois because All-star Superman is a really really awesome book...All-star Batman on the other hand...eww.

#13 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

again batman and superman. a while back a lot of peaple complained about mattel doing too much batman and superman figs but if i look at dcdirect? they realy are kicking it off. near every month they are doing a batsy or supes fig. there are other heros in the dc universe.

#14 User is offline   Cloud 

• Jango Fett

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

View Postsynch, on Jan 25 2008, 02:37 PM, said:

very YAWN indeed I really do think DCD is dead now what with dccu out and about! Also what is with that funky articulation on them?.. I can actually SEE it!!! I thought that normally dcd hides it or what not but this looks like some sad attempt to ad ml/dccu type articulation to the figures :S I could just be wayyyy offf here as I don't buy many dcd but man that looks bad!

I don't think DCD is trying to add ML/DCUC type articulation. You can check any other DCD figures topics and you'll notice DCD figures the All Star figures have the standard DCD articulations and DCD usually give V crotches for females. I can also see DCUC's articulation too
And I don't really think DCD is dead. There's still a lot of wonderful lines coming this year such as Justice series9, New Gods series 1 and JLoA series2,etc.
But I do agree that the All Star figures look bad. Lois and Batgirl looks ok tho.

View Postshokker, on Jan 25 2008, 08:35 PM, said:

again batman and superman. a while back a lot of peaple complained about mattel doing too much batman and superman figs but if i look at dcdirect? they realy are kicking it off. near every month they are doing a batsy or supes fig. there are other heros in the dc universe.

The problem is Mattel's Supermen and Batmen are mostly repaints and clogging pegs while DCDirect usually release different Batmen and SUpermen that are based on differest artists' art.

#15 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:45 PM

View PostCloud, on Jan 25 2008, 11:33 PM, said:

View Postsynch, on Jan 25 2008, 02:37 PM, said:

I don't think DCD is trying to add ML/DCUC type articulation. You can check any other DCD figures topics and you'll notice DCD figures the All Star figures have the standard DCD articulations and DCD usually give V crotches for females. I can also see DCUC's articulation too
And I don't really think DCD is dead. There's still a lot of wonderful lines coming this year such as Justice series9, New Gods series 1 and JLoA series2,etc.
But I do agree that the All Star figures look bad. Lois and Batgirl looks ok tho.

View Postshokker, on Jan 25 2008, 08:35 PM, said:

The problem is Mattel's Supermen and Batmen are mostly repaints and clogging pegs while DCDirect usually release different Batmen and SUpermen that are based on differest artists' art.

yes thats the only plus i can give. the different artists style is a great idea but still they are mostly based on superman and batman. there is also everytime just one wave and thats it. they could do a last wave of hush. a lot of peaple are wanting those. you know what i would love to see: i would love to see figures based on batman the animated series.

#16 User is offline   ScorpioKyle 

• Battle Droid

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

i like the batgirl. i'm still waiting for the All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder trade to come out in june.

#17 User is offline   Darth Vehmic 

• Cardassian

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

I like the Batgirl figure, but all the other one's aren't even worth running over with my car.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us