TNI Forums: DC MultiVerse 4" figures - TNI Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DC MultiVerse 4" figures To buy or not to buy??

#1 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Just saw these Arkham City figs are on pre-order. I'll admit DC isn't my main squeeze so this is the 1st I'm hearing of these products. Has anyone heard anything great about them? Are they worth handing over the GW's I have saved up for other things?? Some of them look cool but others so-so. What's the word on the cyber streets??

#2 User is online   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Since they aren't going to be out until next spring, I doubt you'll hear much. I think some of them look pretty good and am looking forward to some articulated Batman figures to put near my Joes. I am wondering about how good they'll turn out. Batman and Azreal look pretty good, but I think Bane and Deadshot look a little chunky because of waist design. Personally I don't see why Mattell can't just down size the DCUC figures. The four inch Avatar figures they did for the figures had DCUC type articulation and looked pretty good.

#3 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

I've burned my Mattel bridge. Maybe if they show me they can actually put some planning/effort into one of these upcoming lines I might come back . . . but don't leave a light on for me.

#4 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Batman, Azrael & Mr Freeze don't look to bad atall.......Bane looks like he's teaming up w/Ray Mysterio at Summerslam......Deadshot looks like he's gonna break hearts & warm pegs......all over the world....

#5 User is offline   BatmanX 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

As a big fan of 6 inch action figures, I think I will buy Total Heroes. The new 4 inch figures look good and it seems they will have articulation, but I'm kind of moving away from 4 inch. So I might be very selective with the 4 inch. I plan to buy the Batman 1989 movie figure that I read will be in the 4 inch line.

#6 User is offline   Dravenheart 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

The Multiverse figures aren't too bad. Some of them actually look kinda cool. And it'd be really cool to see some smaller scale variations of the Arkham characters. I really like their designs. Curious to see what all the movie wave consists of too. And yeah, Deadshot does seem a little disappointing so far. Like Azrael, though.

#7 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

Saw these Multiverse figs tonight at a Toy Specialty Shop (kinda like a huge comic toy shop but w/out the comix) I have to admit the figs looked good to me but there were some dudes in the way so I wasn't able to scrutinize them too much....the seller wanted I believe $30-40 per fig depending on which character...man I'm on toy overload this Xmas....I have to take another look at em....

#8 User is offline   slim19722 

• Mouser

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

I found them at Target a few days ago. Because they werent in the system , I got all 4 for the Target DC sale of 7.99 + BOGO half off, so $25 for all 4, then they pulled the rest since they're not supposed to be out yet.

#9 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Anyone know what the leg articulation is like on these figures? They looked t-crotched but I'm not sure.

#10 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

I'm not sold on these yet.

#11 User is online   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Well I got Azreal today since I ordered a couple things from Amazon( Assassins Creed and and the Armored Batman/ AzBats esque figure from the kids Batman line). He's a nice figure with ball joint shoulders, hinge elbow, swivel wrist and waist. The legs are just like the DCUC figure with no ankle articulation. The one thing I don;t like is the very soft plastic used for the the sword, sheath and left arm blades. I'll pick up Batman when I see him and am really looking forward to wave two.

#12 User is offline   DANCUCKOO 

• Andorian

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Found @ target for 2.50 apiece because werent in system.

#13 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

View PostDANCUCKOO, on 02 January 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

mannnn I can't get that lucky lately.....I haven't seen any of these at all yet.....my Targets are stingy & always on the ball when it comes to pricing.....cmon overworked tired give-a-damn redshirt....misprice all my toyz for days....I could use the accidental discount....nice find man

#14 User is offline   mako 

• Leatherhead

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

Nice. Hope you paid cash.

#15 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

Very nice!

#16 User is offline   MrImpossible 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

So....painted-on details, eh?

*continues looking for 6-inch*

#17 User is offline   Joker08 

• Battle Droid

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Anyone know when the movie versions of this line will be out??

#18 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

TNI review and images:

Armored Batman

Bane

Deadshot

Mr. Freeze

Azrael

#19 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

I'm gonna hafta take a look at ole' Bats when he's released....Bane looks like a ProWrestler....maybe some customizer can make an Starman out of him...& DeadShot doesn't interest me that mucho either...

#20 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

Saw these at 2 Targets tonight for $10 they don't look half bad either....the only guy I didn't see was Deadshot......If I do bite in the Future I would prolly give Bats, Freeze, Azrael an home & Bane would prolly be voted off the island.....I wanted to snag up a freeze but I hafta eat sometime this week.....maybe next payday I'll visit these guys....hope the price doesn't get jacked up

#21 User is offline   barbecue17 

• www.thepicreview.com

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

I ordered Mr. Freeze online and really like him. I've reviewed him here with quite a few pics (it's tough to get his helmet without much glare):DC Multiverse Mr. Freeze

I ran into Bane, Deadshot, and Batman at TRU yesterday, but just wasn't that impressed by them. Interestingly, my first Mr. Freeze had two QC issues, so I got a replacement and my second was just fine.

#22 User is offline   Cloud 

• Jango Fett

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

I'm just waiting for the movie wave. The idea of making a 4" series isn't bad, just bad quality delivered from Mattel. Just look at what Hasbro is doing with their MU line.

#23 User is offline   Pizza Man Z 

• Mouser

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

I am actually impressed by these 4 inch Arkham city figures. I did a few mods on the figure and I am pretty happy with it. I popped the head off and put about a small piece of plastic in the whole. I warmed up the head again in warm water and popped it back on. Now he is not a no necked batman. I also sliced the bend at the foot and glued a toothpick in the whole to make the feet stand at more of a 90 degree angle. I then took a wooden popsicle stick and worked it into a small batarang. I am planning on using it as a template for some small plastic ones. Overall, they are pretty cool. They just need some accessories and a little more quality checking before the release stage.

#24 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

I just picked these up from tru. Unfortunately, Deadshot is terrible. He's an oddly proportioned mess. The rest are fine, but really need a bicep swivel. With some of the other articulation points that were included, I'm not sure why this was ignored.

#25 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Cool Ideas PMZ....I may have to try that to give my BM (haha) some semblance of an neck....I have yet to pick up any more of these figs besides the Armored BM I found 2 weeks back & yes RE Deadshot is terrible, at first I couldn't find him anywhere but now he seems to be the Pegwarmer....I need to get a Freeze maybe 2 he has some strong customization potential....& Azrael....I don't know yet about Bane.....he still looks like he belongs in a Wrestling Ring to me.....I've looked him over a few times....I still dunno about him...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us