• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...13&itemid=14418

#2 User is offline   Forcehunter 

• Crazy American Patriot
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Okay, one problem was addressed, there will be a window of opportunity for the subscription. This would make me think logically that they will gauge the demand based on that for the production of upcoming figures. It may be too late for MAA, and Hordak, but they will have a more accurate gauge. My major issue will be the subscription to the 1 figure a month. I would have to have multiple subscriptions to get multiple figures I plan to army-build: Man-At-Arms currently holds that spot after Mer-Man. The subscription service is good so that we are atleast guaranteed one figure so there will be no holes in the collection, but for army-builders we will still have to go through the hell that occurred the 15th and yesterday to get the other figures I need not to mention the "bonus figures" Mattel keeps mentioning. This is why I strongly favor a true pre-order system. You don't know the exact production run of the bonus figure, yet you know what it will be, put it up for pre-order months in advance or however long you need to make an accurate production estimate and have it out. I am sure many fans are willing to wait if it ensures them and their fellow collector a figure.

#3 User is offline   psagem10 

• Rex Kwon Do Master

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

The subscription service sounds perfect for me... i just want one of each and do not plan on army building... plus they charge each month not all at once and give you the option to do pile of loot.... AWSOME!!!!!!!!

#4 User is offline   Wolverine042 

• young once, immature forever

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

I'm in. By subscribing you are guaranteed 1 figure. better than nothing. I just hope they will consider giving us an option of ordering up to 2 or 3 per month.

#5 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:04 AM

I might be interested in this but I'm waiting for more info on their program first.

#6 User is offline   Newton 

• Mouser

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:27 AM

A real pre-order system would be better.

Whatever they do though, they need to nix that ONE SHIPMENT PER YEAR nonsense.

Ship the figures once a month. Don't make us wait a year.

#7 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

Hopefully this will alleviate some of the problems people have been having. I haven't had problems ordering, but I'll probably do this just to ensure at least one, and then I'll order my second like normal on the day of sale.

View PostNewton, on May 1 2009, 06:27 AM, said:

A real pre-order system would be better.

Whatever they do though, they need to nix that ONE SHIPMENT PER YEAR nonsense.

Ship the figures once a month. Don't make us wait a year.

You can choose one or the other. Either get them once a month as they're released, or have them all held and shipped together at the end of the year.

#8 User is offline   simplez 

• Andorian

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:44 AM

Not really interested in a subscription for this year as I'm passing over Man At Arms and possibly Teela.
I guess He-RO won't be included neither will be the He-Man/Skeletor reissues, whenever those take place.

But next year, would probably work but without knowing the lineup for the entire year I'd be a little hesistant to commit so early. If it turns out 5 out of the 12 figures are the only I really want it would end being a huge waste of $.

#9 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

Another update.

http://toynewsi.com/...13&itemid=14445

#10 User is offline   The Great Bandito 

• Andorian

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

I'm liking this. So long as they keep the monthly shipping and the cost down $160 a year all at once might be cost prohibitive. I'd prefer a more pay as you go option with a down payment. Regardless, this should help keep the 1 hour sell outs down as Mattel can gauge how many figures they're need on a month-to-month basis.

#11 User is offline   Da Top Cat 

• Good Kitty

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

This would be fine with me. I've missed out on the past two figures just by virtue of working a 9 to 5 job, so this would be a big help.

#12 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:17 AM

im fine with everything except the "you can buy as many subscriptions as you want" part...

so I can get more than 10 subscriptions, but there is a limit of only 10 per order in the monthly thing?

this is also going to make it very hard for them to guess the demand for figures...

anyhow, I will put in mine and hope for the best.

#13 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

View PostThe Great Bandito, on May 6 2009, 11:57 PM, said:

I'm liking this. So long as they keep the monthly shipping and the cost down $160 a year all at once might be cost prohibitive. I'd prefer a more pay as you go option with a down payment. Regardless, this should help keep the 1 hour sell outs down as Mattel can gauge how many figures they're need on a month-to-month basis.

even a 5 at a time or what not option may prove useful... or the option to ship when you want to ship... I honestly can't see people waiting a year to get there hands on a fave character ...

#14 User is offline   aaozz9 

• Battle Droid

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

how much this is going to cost ? ...

#15 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

Since some people will choose this method, this should mean the crush at noon on the web site every 15th of the month won't be as bad.

View Postaaozz9, on May 7 2009, 07:52 AM, said:

how much this is going to cost ? ...

Cost will be the same as the regular orders. Each figure will cost $20 plus shipping, which usually comes to around $28 total.

#16 User is offline   Forcehunter 

• Crazy American Patriot

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

So....does that mean that Hordak and MAA will make the cut in time or is this only for the September-December figures? I ask because they said it would "include", not "it will be availiable for", so I don't know whether or not I need to be on my Laptop June 15th or not.

#17 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, the subscription is for the September through December figures, so get out your laptop on the 15th of May, June, July, and August if you want those respective figures.

#18 User is offline   Forcehunter 

• Crazy American Patriot

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

Damnit. Well, I do have a plan for handling Hordak, and even though he will still be crazy to access, MAA shouldn't cause as much of a ruckus.

#19 User is offline   MrBear 

• Battle Droid

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:50 PM

I am going to play with fire and just try on the 15th of every month. I would have preferred a preorder (even if it was 6 months in advance) over a subscription. I have no interest in 200x or New Adventures so I would hate to be stuck with a bunch of that stuff. The subscription is smart on Mattel's part for that very reason. It guarantees them sales.

#20 User is offline   Forcehunter 

• Crazy American Patriot

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

DOH! I forgot about NA being in here. Well, if I get any of those figures, I'll post em here for trade. The subscription will be the real test of demand I think. People will have to put up or shut up for the next year so Mattel will have a real gauge of who is willing to buy with these restrictions up. Even though I will do the pre-order, Im still going to have to occasionally be online the 15th so I can get more of the characters that have army-builder potential or have switchable heads ie Teela who is confirmed to have an extra head.

#21 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:55 PM

Another update.

http://toynewsi.com/...13&itemid=14448

#22 User is offline   Starscream49 

• 99% of toy collectors make the rest of us look like nerds.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Sucks that it starts AFTER Hordak

#23 User is offline   simplez 

• Andorian

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:59 AM

At 20 for 12 figures comes out to about 240 before shipping. Not a bad deal I suppose but I don't feel comfortable committing to an entire year's worth figures without knowing what the next few ones will be 4-6 months from now. While I'm guaranteed to at least get one but would rather buy the ones I want which could be 2 out of the next 6 ones announced. Who knows really? It all depends on Mattel's ability to deliver the characters people are fans of most.

#24 User is offline   HissCommander 

• Battle Droid

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

ok, this whole subscription thing seems WACK to me!

So if i sign up, i CANT cancel? what if you have money problems? or decide you dont want this stuff anymore? WTF?

Another thing is your going in blind with a full years order. What if they shift from classic figures to New Adventures, or She-Ra? OH WELL! because you cant cancel you order!

Great concept, horribly horribly failed execution IMO.

They should have done this like the "Pile of Loot" BBTS has. That would have been almost perfect for this line.- From May 18th through May 22nd (five days only), come to MattyCollector.com to sign up for the 2009 service.
Every month, from September through December, you'll be guaranteed to get the figure of the month at current prices, for a total of four.

- Once you sign up, you're in for the whole period (subscriptions can't be cancelled).

- Exact figures will be announced approximately three months from each on-sale date.

- Figures can either be shipped and charged once per month as they become available, or they can be held for the year, and charged and shipped together on December 15th.

- You can sign up for as many subscriptions as you want during the five day period. No limit!

- Figures will also be available at MattyCollector.com on the 15th of each month without the subscription. So, if you want extras of some figures, you'll still have the option to buy more but availability won't be guaranteed.

- The subscription will only be for the figure of the month, and won't include convention figures, or other special figures.
Subscriptions for the full year 2010 will be available in August 2009.

#25 User is offline   dreamer 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:14 AM

simply no way... without knowing, the risk is too great.

and i wonder who will wait 12 months for their figures?
imagine that package got lost in mail and mailed to some
fanboy, it will be a super merry christmas. if i was mattel,
i will give 4 options at least. ship per month, 3 months,
6 months, 12 months.

plus i wonder lets say you ordered the subscription, and
you order additional figures... can you ship the subscription
order plus extra order together? if no, i know someone will
be pissed. if yes, imagine some guy buy like 10 orders of
subscription, and buy 10 extra figures each month and all
these will be billed at the end of the year. suddenly decided
to bail out...

best of luck to those subscribing~

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us