• Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:00 PM

G.I.Joe TRU Exclusive Sea Command 3-Pack Images

View the full article

#2 User is offline   FireChief420 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

It's good to finally see how well the helmet fits on Deep-Six.

#3 User is offline   jmw326 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

Yes...It fits exactly like it did on Ace. It is the same helmet.

#4 User is offline   xhairs 

• Classics for life.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

now thats what i call a cool kitbash for deepsix.

#5 User is offline   FireChief420 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

View Postjmw326, on Aug 21 2008, 09:13 PM, said:

Yes...It fits exactly like it did on Ace. It is the same helmet.

Yeah, but considering that the Deep-Six head that was to be used in the beginning was replaced because apparently the helmet wouldn't fit, I was still curious.

#6 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

This has mixed feeling for me. Nice to see TWO new guys, but they are kinda disappointing.

Torpedo: He might make a good Depth Charge maybe.

Cutter: It looks like Gung-Ho wearing Shipwreck's outfit. At least he doesn't have the lame ass fist. Might get it just to fix Shipwreck.

Deep Six: There have been molds that work for more than one figure. Snow Job's mold works for Wild Weasel, for example. Unfortunately, this mold works for neither Ace OR Deep Six (and barely for Wild Bill).

What happened to trying to get them to resemble their RAH versions? They try hard, I give them credit, with what they have, but some you have to scratch your head and wonder WTF? Deep Six falls into that category (among others, of course). People complain about Leatherneck's use of Buzzer's body, but it DOES resemble it some.

#7 User is offline   FireChief420 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

View Postpesatyel, on Aug 21 2008, 09:22 PM, said:

Deep Six: There have been molds that work for more than one figure. Snow Job's mold works for Wild Weasel, for example. Unfortunately, this mold works for neither Ace OR Deep Six (and barely for Wild Bill).

Uh, the only part of Snow Job on Deep-Six is his arms.
Torso, head and upper legs are from Torpedo, lower legs are from the HISS Driver.

#8 User is offline   Chaz 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

Torpedo I can live with since he does look like Depth Charge and can be displayed as such in my collection. I think I would have liked to see the 98 paintjob where he was all black with red piping down his cheast (outlining the part of his suit that is normally gray)

Deep Six I love. He looked alot like his v2 figure without the neon colors.

Cutter I hate. Why couldn;t they have made s new head mold? Gung-Ho's Marine cap does not look like a baseball cap.

#9 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

meh.. I think I'll pass on it.

I wouldnt mind having Deep Six... but the others I can do without, especially Cutter. That Gung Ho head is the epitomy of a cheap, careless, toy company offering.

#10 User is offline   darthhenning 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

View PostCLAM34, on Aug 21 2008, 10:08 PM, said:

meh.. I think I'll pass on it.

I wouldnt mind having Deep Six... but the others I can do without, especially Cutter. That Gung Ho head is the epitomy of a cheap, careless, toy company offering.

Agreed, completely.

Still, this will probably be the only Cutter we see, and the only articulated Deep Six so I'm still on the fence.

@can@

#11 User is offline   Magic 8 Ball 

• This eco-friendly armor is powered by scotch.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

I love the original Deep Six v2 figure, and I think Hasbro has a fantastic homage here.

Torpedo is just Torpedo. Meh.

Cutter doesn't bother me too much, as I'm not huge into the character. Honestly, the Gung-Ho head bothers me less than seeing "GI Joe Cutter" on the stand. I'm sick and tired of seeing affiliations, ranks, and other assorted nonsense in front of names that shouldn't have them, and the changes TO names are even worse (Nemesis Immortal and Dataframe, I'm looking at you guys).

The truly stupid part is that if Hasbro can't copyright "Cutter" but can copyright "GI Joe Cutter", they could have just gotten "Code Name: Cutter". Then in the only places it matters (card and stand), the figure is correctly named.

Granted, we'd probably get "Code Name: Code Name: Cutter" on the stand, because that's just how these things work...

#12 User is offline   hoganvibe 

• Snakeman

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

I'll get it. But Cutter is either getting a new head or he's going to see the business end of my Dremel.

#13 User is offline   CrimsonFist 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

huummmm Cutter either trimmed his mustache or thats....gungho.. lol They are sooo sad looking. I mean I do not know whats worse the claw with no underbelly or wheels or Hasbros lame attempte to sell another AWl striker with a Leather neck (by the way.... repaint ) or better yet the fruit flavored viper that comes with the fang. The best thing they have done so far is come out with the BATS 5 pack soon to be released.

#14 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!!!! :( That is not Deep Six v2 at all and Cutter is LAMO
Torpedo is the only cool thing about this set and its a nod to teh India figure, so I will pass methinks
Draven

#15 User is offline   CrimsonFist 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:52 PM

I can only pray that that whole crew who worked on this line gets fires and they can all live in the same card board box and hope that someone comes by and sets it on fire withe them all traped inside!!! LOL

#16 User is online   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:43 PM

View PostCrimsonFist, on Aug 21 2008, 11:52 PM, said:

I can only pray that that whole crew who worked on this line gets fires and they can all live in the same card board box and hope that someone comes by and sets it on fire withe them all traped inside!!! LOL
:huh: A little rough, don't you think? These are just toys after all.

#17 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

View PostRecklessEndangerment, on Aug 21 2008, 11:43 PM, said:

View PostCrimsonFist, on Aug 21 2008, 11:52 PM, said:

:huh: A little rough, don't you think? These are just toys after all.

Please don't feed the trolls.....

Oh, and welcome to TNI!

#18 User is offline   Samantha 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:27 AM

The entire set is made up of repaints and head swaps. I donít like it I am not sure how others may feel but this set feels pretty weak. The only redeeming quality is the color change for wet suit, yet it is not enough to make me want to buy this pack. I hope kids like it enough or this set will warm shelf space for a long time to come. Overall I would rate this set with a ( D+)

Samantha

#19 User is offline   DPrime 

• Happy to be back...

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:03 AM

I'm out! I don't support the reuse of Gung Ho's on any figure, unless it's Gung Ho. It just doesn't work.

#20 User is offline   FlyingFigg 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

To be fair; I'm pretty sure that store exclusives always have absoultley no new parts at all, ever.

Everything historically that I can think off has followed this.

I can't blame Hasbro for it, if it were me I wouldn't sink any cash I don't have to for exclusives either.

But, with that in mind, when I heard about the exclusives first, I expected nothing but repaints.

#21 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Trypticon

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

Pass.

(Maybe).

#22 User is offline   Ares6009 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

I agree with FF - exclusives seem to always be not-so-original in makeup (exceptions being Star Trek: WOK recents, though.)

Way I see it, this might be the only way we'll get some of these guys, so I guess I can appreciate the attempt.

Deep Ace is kinda funny, but works for me. Cutter will just get a marker mustache extension. Torpedo will be Wet Suit until they whip up a real version of him.

#23 User is offline   Neutron 

• Cardassian

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

Ahhh...Damn.

I'd heard all the complaints about this set, but I was dismissing it all as the typical nitpicking that seems to accompany EVERY Hasbro announcement ...but I guess we all have our own number of strikes and this thing just struck out with me.

1. Torpedo: I have no interest in an orange Torpedo, a cartoon accurate Torpedo, or whatever else this guy is supposed to be. I also don't know who Depth Charge is so I'm not interested in representing him in my collection. Still, every multi=pack Hasbro has put out has included at least one waste of space that you put up with in order to get the other figures in the same set. Wild Bill fills this slot in the pilots 3 pack.

2. Cutter: I was looking forward to this guy because I love the second Shipwreck and I thought that I could live with the re-use of the Gung-Ho head cap and all. Looking at this figure in these pics though, he's a little too "Gung Ho" for me. He looks like a mail man who's afraid of drowning! I know new sculpts are prohibitive for these exclusives but just a little retooling might've saved this one.

3. Deep-Six: I love this look but the re-use of the Ace helmet kills it for me. I like how the helmet looks but knowing how poorly it attaches to my Ace figure makes me fear that we'll have the same situation here. The helmet just lays there. It doesn't twist, snap, or pop on. It just sits on Ace's head so if you move Ace ...or God forbid... play with him, his helmet is flopping all over the place or just pops off altogether. Plus, why no swim fins?

That's three strikes for me so I hate to say it but I'm out.

#24 User is offline   Magic 8 Ball 

• This eco-friendly armor is powered by scotch.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

View PostNeutron, on Aug 22 2008, 09:19 AM, said:

3. Deep-Six: I love this look but the re-use of the Ace helmet kills it for me. I like how the helmet looks but knowing how poorly it attaches to my Ace figure makes me fear that we'll have the same situation here. The helmet just lays there. It doesn't twist, snap, or pop on. It just sits on Ace's head so if you move Ace ...or God forbid... play with him, his helmet is flopping all over the place or just pops off altogether.

I've never had a problem with the helmet myself. I didn't realize it was even a concern.

Plus, why no swim fins?

Two reasons: The 3-packs tend to cheap out a bit on accessories, and the Deep Six v2 figure that this one is an homage to didn't have them either. Hasbro pretty much had a built-in reason not to include them.

Personally, I'm trying to figure out just how much diving he'll really do without an air tank. However, my love of the original D6 v2 ensures that I'll pick it up anyway and try to rig something up.

#25 User is offline   WindowViper 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:51 AM

HAHAHA Look at Cut-Ho...errr Gungter....Cutter's Hat...Couldn't give us a cap could you? Kinda Lame.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us