Indiana Jones and the Tomb of Horus 6"

hemblecreations

Hi All,

I decided to make another 6" diorama but this time add some lighting to it and a eygptian style tomb was the way to go. Once the base was done it was painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints and pastel chalks.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - The figure is from an earlier Figma Indy which I repainted, I'm waiting on another one to arrive so I can add him to the base.

2: Base - The base was made from a left over pieces of foam core. Once I got the desired look I used a led pencil and softly drew out the wall mural and once I was happy with that I used a very sharp led pencil and went over the original drawing. I then used my fingers and a pair of tweezers to remove some pieces of foam to simulate corrosion.

The sand is just fine washed river sand and was added once the base was painted and once the sand dried I gave it a wash over different colours of sand. The torches were made from home decorative sticks cut to size then bound togther using model boat ship rope and superglue and the flames were made by using Woodland scenics Water Effects.

The light from the flame is some fake candle light I picked up from the $2 shop and attached them underneath the base with a hole so that the buld could protrude thru and sit inside the flame

post-17049-0-66848700-1397793463_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-38213000-1397793482_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-66015300-1397793521_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-10731800-1397793543_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-57078500-1397793563_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-85859100-1397793583_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-40163400-1397793601_thumb.jpg