• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ROTLA - Boulder Chase 3-3/4"

#1 User is offline   hemblecreations 

• Andorian
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

Hi All

I have always wanted to make this scene into a 1/6 scale dio and after a few experiments with different materials I decided it would cost less money and easier to make it in a 3-3/4" format.

RECIPE

1: Figures & Accessories - The torso and legs are from a TLC indy, the jacket and arms are from the Indy horse deluxe set and the head is ToD indy. The whip, bag, gun belt/holster and idol are from the hasbro indy's as well

2: Base and box/crate - The crate was first made using foamcore and the front and left sides were cut out and then balsa wood was glued to the foamcore to make it into the crate. The top of the crate wasn't glued inplace until the lower half of the base was done.

The walls were done by using plaster cloth and cutting different size's and once wet it was just added the the sides of the walls and then it was either spread apart or pushed together to get the stone affect.

The stalagmites and stalactites were made using plaster cloth and again cutting different sizes and once wet twisted one end then pressed the other end onto the ceiling and floor. The boulder was done by covering a foam ball with plaster and then while it it drying getting a damp brush I just brushed the plaster to and even level over the ball.

The roots/vines I picked up from a florist and then broke of pieces that I wanted. The moss is lichen moss which was mixed with some paint and then glued inplace and the ground cover is a mix of real dirt and pulled apart model railway shrubs and some dried lichen moss.

Ron

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  bcs1.jpg (159.76K)
    Number of downloads: 5
  • Attached File  bcs2.jpg (164.74K)
    Number of downloads: 6
  • Attached File  bcs3.jpg (195.87K)
    Number of downloads: 5
  • Attached File  bcs4.jpg (183.43K)
    Number of downloads: 4
  • Attached File  bcs5.jpg (187.84K)
  • Attached File  bcs6.jpg (188.17K)
    Number of downloads: 6
  • Attached File  bcs7.jpg (200.38K)
  • Attached File  bcs8.jpg (167.98K)
    Number of downloads: 3

#2 User is online   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

amazing as always. only minor quip is with the boulder. the texture has a paint stroke like look to it when it should be more of a smooth ground stone kind of look. using heavy grit sand paper or a heavy textured paper towl usually work pretty well for getting the texture that i'm talking about.

#3 User is offline   hemblecreations 

• Andorian

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostFUGAYZIE, on 15 January 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

amazing as always. only minor quip is with the boulder. the texture has a paint stroke like look to it when it should be more of a smooth ground stone kind of look. using heavy grit sand paper or a heavy textured paper towl usually work pretty well for getting the texture that i'm talking about.

Thanks for the reply buddy I really appreciate it. I have to be honest and being a hard core indy fan I've never liked how the boulder was really smooth even when I saw it way back when it originally was at the movies I couldn't understand why it was so smooth so that's why I have that rough stroke/texture look to it.

Ron

#4 User is online   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

View Posthemblecreations, on 16 January 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

View PostFUGAYZIE, on 15 January 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply buddy I really appreciate it. I have to be honest and being a hard core indy fan I've never liked how the boulder was really smooth even when I saw it way back when it originally was at the movies I couldn't understand why it was so smooth so that's why I have that rough stroke/texture look to it.

Ron

i just figured it was so smooth because it was used so much and became really smooth over time.

i get what you're saying.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us