California; Central

kndy

For those in the Central California area (Fresno, Kings and Tulare counties), please post your area reports and also introduce yourself.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7/14

No restocks at several Wal-Mart and Targets...

7/11

TARGET: I was hoping for a restock of Marvel Legends but instead they replaced the whole section with a lot of Teen Titans figures and Spider-Man figures. Saw two Mysterio figures.

Only one three pack added and that was with Wildcat and finally found one and bought it.

Same Star Wars stuff...if there was anything new it was Darth Vader sprinkler and Obi and Mace Force figures.

Noticed collectors there but for Hot Wheels and Star Wars Lego stuff. Many C3 flyers restocked

WAL-MART: Nothing restocked for Marvel Legends. Very tall Batman figure...I have no idea how tall it was but going the same price for the Dr. Doom figure...$29. Friend picked up another bloody scarecrow. There were loads of MPIRE's last week and now about a dozen left. Still several dozen of the Darth Tater heads. The Star Wars certificates for $26...last week there were about 25 or so and now there are none.

VIDEO GAME STORES: Still big demand for HALO figures and found a gold HOG but nearly all packages from both Gamestops and Gamecrazy were jacked. Picked up the SF ROTA figures to complete series 2. Much cheaper at Gamestop/Software etc. than at Hot Topic.

HOT TOPIC: The big seller at my local store are those Japanese apple dolls at $35 each. Gothic and scary looking. Two Invader Zims, one purple Vega, two green Cammy's, Series 3 and series 2 Family guy still there with the exception of Quagmire and Death.

7/16:

And it's been awhile since I saw a restock of Star Wars stuff but I decided to visit Big K which I don't go to (because they overprice things by a dollar or two) and noticed that the SW stuff was the only restock they had (only MPIRES, 4 figures which I got and Grievous vehicle).

7/15:

TARGET: Had to get another bin and decided to roam by TARGET and noticed restock for Star Wars Unleashed, SW vehicles and for Spider-Man they had a Scorpion and Green Goblin. Picked up the two villains which I never had and a Darth Vader Unleashed. Spider-Man stuff is going for $6.98 and most of the restock were Ultimate Rhino and Ultimate Lizard. Mostly Teen Titans dominating the racks. No new JLAU's.

Went to a collectible store and managed to get a few things that caught my interest and had to get them. Photos in my recently bought gallery.

7/17:

WAL-MART: No sight of the Marvel Legends Exclusives at the Wal-Mart's I have visited today. So, pretty much purchased the Batman Corgi collector's cars but missing a 1990's vehicle and the Joker vehicle.

TARGET: Not much of a restock but JLUnlimited had a restock and saw two 3-packs with Wildcat and another with Waverider. Happy they got several in, so many kids will get these figures. Spider-Man has been getting sporadic new villains coming in with Scorpion a few days ago and Morbius today. Also, GI Joe vehicles and figures took another major price cut. A big huge tank that was $24.99 two weeks ago is now down to $9.99 (But looked jacked up with parts all over and trashed box) and all big figures they had at $7.99. Although the Ninja Battle set did not come down in price.

KB: Not much restock but a lot of older toys (Spider-Man, Batman, sports, DBZ) have been put in the 50% area or the $3/$5 bins.

BIG K: Forgot to mention yesterday that a Galactic Heroes X-Racer was stocked. Not sure if that's old or new.

Updated my gallery to the shorter URL at www.nt2099.com/Gallery/ for my collection.

kndy

7/19 Report:

TARGET (Hanford, CA) - I went back to see if I can find extra Yoda/Sidious for people on this board and the ASAJJ or whatever her name is... Unleashed figures. They sold out of the Yoda versus figure (I have seen many of these but if I see them again, will let people know) and for the other...the box was all busted up. Anyway, new restock at TARGET with Annakin's and Obi-Wan's vehicles. Was about to get Annakin's vehicle but decided not too. They also have many Wookie flyers and Droid's Tie-Fighter vehicles. And forgot what the other one was but it looks like a miniature with a lizard. Don't recall.

Anyway, with this TARGET...I am very surprised how in the last two weeks, most of the villains I missed out on have been stocked on shelves. Ultimate Rhyno, Mysteriou, Ultimate Lizard, Regular Lizard, Sandman, Scorpion, Morbius and today was Carnage which I picked one up.

For those who collect those Spider-Man and friends (children's toys or super-deformed characters), they had Captain America, Wolverine and Dr. Octopus. Don't collect these but I did purchase the Iceman version because I'm an Iceman fan.

Restock of Marvel Legends but now they are back at $7.99 and mostly all War Machines. (Dang, I wish the $2.99 sale was still in effect).

Justice League Unlimited - I am quite surprised that there are not many collectors because the 3-packs with Wildcat, Aztec, Waverider are still on the pegs.

GI JOE - With the clearance, a lot of the good stuff are gone but Duke and a few big figures are still at $7.99.

WAL-MART (Selma) - After seeing that Wal-Mart (Hanford, CA) had nothing for the ML variant set, I was hopeing that Selma would have something because all I want is Juggernaut, Goliath and Hawkeye but if I could get a variant...that's cool but still no luck. At this Wal-Mart, Marvel Legends shelf was now gone and replaced with Fantastic Four figures. Not much of a restock but one thing (well, two things) - Invisible Woman 12" rotocast fully clothed which I have been looking for. Picked one up for me and a friend but still looking for a 6" full clothed Invisible Woman. Also, no luck in finding the 1980's and Joker Corgi Batman vehicles.

kndy

7/20:

Marvel Legends Restock: Not what I was expecting. ML9's Professor X and more Elektra.

Wal-Mart (Hanford, CA) - 5 Barbie Batgirls, 5 Barbie Poison Ivy's and 2 Barbie Harlequinn's for $15.99. Picked up the Harlequinns and one each of the the other two.

No Barbie Batgirl with motorcycle, Supergirl, Wonderwoman, Halle Berry Catwoman or Barbie Marvel for those who were wondering.

I believe Supergirl and Wonderwoman, you can get them cheap from amazon.com.

I know there are several people on here who are looking for Barbie Harlequinn's, I'll check others to see if they have more and any of Batgirl on cycle.

kndy

7/21

I wanted to try a test purchase from Amazon.com and last week ordered the cheap Marvel Legends figures (Weapon X and Mr. Fantastic), two X-Men Series figures (Gambit and Wolverine), a Justice League 10" Batman/Wonder Woman, Feral exclusive (X-Force or was it X-Factor) and Lord of the Rings: ROTK "There and Back" pack.

With Amazon's joint venture with Toys R' Us, there are some cheap prices right now. I couldn't find a 10" Wonder Woman in the last month, but at $14.99 with both her and Batman is a great price. Shrinked wrapped and box came in good condition.

Marvel Legends - For those who don't have these figures (Wolverine and Mr. Fantastic) around $5.98 is pretty good. Weapon X came in fine, Mr. Fantastic had the plastic pushed in on the side but other than that a great deal.

Lord of the Rings: ROTK "There and Back" Gift Set. This features Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin and them probably from the end of the film with an old Bilbo. Very good box set and a steal at $5.29.

lotr10.sized.jpg

And for those who have written me and ask me to open the boxes that my figures are in. Well, OK...I'll open the box for the 1996 Toy Biz Feral. I opened the box :)

marvel21.sized.jpg

Anyway, there are some good deals at Amazon especially on the DC Direct figures and there's no reason to pay a lot for a Green Lantern Killowog when you can get it on here. But had to get the Green Lantern figures from Amazon.com and see how things come back when ordering a DC Direct figure and the Barbie Supergirl and Wonder Woman since they are way cheaper on amazon.com compared to other stores.

kndy

Target (Hanford): There were plenty of restocks for the Star Wars section (except Unleashed). But the new figures were the 51-53 (the guard, the senator and the jedi kid), more AT-TE Gunners and new vehicles (nice ones but very tiny figures). And other things that I wasn't so interested in but finally got a royal guard (red) which I was happy about.

Justice League Unlimited - My gosh, the pegs are so full of the latest series. Added a 10" Wonder Woman which I picked up for another person looking for her on the board. And although the figure wasn't too attractive to get at first, I figured what the heck... I'll get the Batman Begins Ra's Al Guhl. Instinct tells me to get the Action Cape Batman or that big tall one...but haven't done it yet.

Marvel Legends full with Series 9, more Teen Titans in the shipment box, a lot of Spider-Man on the pegs with Ultimate Rhyno and Ultimate Lizard.

WAL-MART: Not much of a restock. Same-o. I have yet to see this Marvel Legends Classics at my Wal-Mart. New restock on Fantastic Four and with so many people on these boards wanting to trade for Invisible Woman, picked up both solid and clear IW for a person on the board. Also, picked up a newer Human Torch. Batman Corgi's are now gone. Batgirl Barbie and Poison Ivy still around.

So, went to two stores and still haven't found this Spider-Man two pack yet or the Marvel Legends Classics.

kndy

Hi AmazingDM,

I have a friend checking out the Targets and a few Wal-Marts. For Marvel Legends, the best place is the one on Blackstone across from Circuit City. Of all the Targets that ran out of figures, they were the only place that still had full pegs during the $2.99 sale (and he just wanted a green Hulk).

I don't know about the Wal-Mart near HWY99 but I know the Kings Canyon has had many older Marvel Legends, so if you go buy there, please let me know if you see things that you're not picking up. Definitely want a Hawkeye.

He said the Toys R Us and Target in Clovis have zilch and the Wal-Mart near Clovis also has zilch.

Any luck finding the Invisible women in your area? Are you looking for the 12" rotocasts solid or clear?

kndy

i'm just looking for the 6" invisible women, any variant

I'm checking the clovis walmart every other day.. I hope they get enough for all of us

Hi AmazingDM,

I got the half/halfs and clear from the local KB (no one was asking for them. Just called and they put my name on the list and called me that Invisible woman came and got them). Then a week later, went to Wal-Mart and saw two half/half's. I picked up one and I saw a collector there and recommended he get the other. Wanted to share the love :) It's all good.

If I find another half/half or clear, I'll get you one. The only one I need is the solid.

But I do have extras of the rotocasts of her if you are interested.

kndy

7/22:

I've been getting so many requests for JLU, SW, ML. SF and TT requests that I'll do what I can to help.

TARGET (Hanford): Buddy of mine said they are preparing for the next wave of things for the toy department. Still a lot of JLU 3-packs full on pegs of the latest series which I picked up a few for a few people. But I think I need to try something different (in terms of me purchasing everything first for those who have sent me requests), special consideration if there is only one thing left but if it's expensive, unfortunately I can't pick it up all the time.

Target has added more of the older villains from past series on the pegs. Mainly Green Goblin, Carnage, Ultimate Rhyno, Ultimate Lizard. The way I'm seeing Mysterio's and Sandman's now... I doubt this thing is hard to find. Only Scorpion and Morbius come in a few times.

Star Wars: Same as my report yesterday. It appears the shift of attention has been turned to K-Mart because of the Evolution sets and had two opportunities to check but didn't.

YOUBUYNOW.COM - I want to thank everyone on AFTimes who recommended me this online company. Definitely a great place to find stuff and they've answered my questions quickly. Marvel Legends a few bucks more expensive than retail but if you can wait and hope you'll find a Silver Centurion Iron Man and a few others, go for it. I've waited and I figured might as well get it now.

COLLECTIBLE STORE (Hanford) - Great place in the Hanford area but the stuff I want... so many people have them on layaway and I'm missing Doomsday and Cyborg Superman and Steele to complete my Return of Superman. I do want the latest Yamato Batman's with the sweet looking Batgirl and Catwoman and of course, more Batman Hush and Alex Ross JLA.

Still doing the Wal-Mart checks but I have not spotted these cases and I admit that it sucks that so many reports of people buying them in the East Coast or plain states and nothing hardly here. But the word is that we have Hot Wheels scalpers who buy the Marvel Legends for trading with the collectible or comic stores in our area for better Hot Wheels collectibles.

Found one collectible store with a lot of the Star Wars: POTJ figures and marked at $7.99-$9.99. Asked him about the prices and he said he hasn't had the time to update the prices thus they are sold a little above cost. So, if you are a Star Wars collector, this collectibles shop in Hanford is something you want to check out.

Will try again to see if local Wal-Marts (in Kings or Fresno Counties) have the new case in but no sign of it yet...

kndy

hey you guys arent too far away from where I live, I dotn know just thought that was cool

Wal-Mart (Hanford, CA) - The following takes place between 7:30 - 8:15 a.m. I left to go to Pep Boys to get my brakes changed at 7:45. Wal-Mart receives 12 500th Darth Vaders, new M-Pires and the new Marvel Legends case.

My friend's report at the same store...he picked up a 500th Darth Vader and looked for the variants of Marvel Legends around 7:30 a.m. His report was that the pegs are full of the Marvel Legends (2 of each Juggernaut (brown), Hawkeye, Phoenix, Deadpool, Vision. Many Darth Vaders and the new M-Pires. He leaves around 7:35 a.m.

Although I was there at 7:45 a.m., I waited to get into Pep Boys before I could go to Wal-Mart. I leave PB and go to Wal-Mart around 8:10 a.m. There are 6 500th figure Darth Vaders left, Marvel Legends pegs were now nearly empty with just brown wolverine, Professor X, Ghost Rider, a Deadpool and a Vision. Saw the LOTR Coronation packs (3) but mostly Lothlorien Packs.

I call my friend in SD to give him the area report and do a price check on the 500th Vader. Grabbed two...

Come back from the price check and after talking to a friend maybe for 5 minutes and 8:15 a.m. only 2 500th Darth Vader left and the Marvel Legends pegs were just Ghost Rider, brown Wolverine and Professor X.

In 25 minutes, all this action took place. In 25 minutes, I saw two guys and nearly everything was gone.

(sigh)

In this area, I didn't think there would be other toy hunters but now I know. It's all good, some of us like the challenge but I figured there were not many people in this area but I'm more than convinced it's the Hot Wheels scalpers. In my area, the Hot Wheels scalpers have a tight unit by buying these Star Wars and Marvel Legends and reselling them or trading them to collectible stores.

Didn't think so much to transpire in 35 minutes, especially the 5-10 minutes while I was there. On the lookout for brown juggie, Goliath and variants. But happy to at least have the two Darth Vaders in my hand. $14.88 for the 500th Darth's, bought a set (3 total). $6.99 for the new M-Pires and the cost was $6.99 for the Marvel Legends. But missed out within less than half an hour.

My hunt continues.

kndy

7/23

K-MART (Lemoore): Well, hardly anything but more Kit, blue guard, Aala Secura figure but not much else. No Evolutions. As for JLU - Wonder Woman and Batman 10". For Spider-Man...just the usual restock of Street Fighter Spider-Man and Dual Web swinging.

hey you guys arent too far away from where I live, I dotn know just thought that was cool

Wow! You have a large collection!!!! I enjoy looking at your pictures!

kndy

7/23:

Went to another Wal-Mart and another store that received a case but by this afternoon (6:30 p.m.), all were sold out with the exception of an ML9 Nightcrawler and a Hawkeye. This is something I am seeing but figures with black scratches on the face or clothing area. Wonder if this is common with other figures that people may have purchased.

Selma Wal-Mart received around 20 500th figure Darth Vaders, still many there. No new M-Pires. I realize I made an error when I said I bought a set of the new M-Pires and said there was a three-pack...there is a total of four and now I have to go back tomorrow morning and hope to find the one I forgot to purchase early this morning. Hope they still have them. They received the dark side Annakin Unleashed but that's about it.

They got more Corgi Batman shipments and finally got a 1980's vehicle but still no Joker.

kndy

7/24

After my discontent of seeing the Hot Wheels collectors buying out the Marvel Legends and Star Wars stuff yesterday and the scalpers winning Saturday, I decided I would make the trip to Wal-Mart in Hanford at 6:00 a.m.

Noticing how several Wal-Marts that I and friends have checked have had many of the ML's all gone with the exception of numerous figures with black scratches on the face of the figure (which I did pick up a scratched face Hawkeye to open) and noticing other collectors mentioning a restock the next day of ML cases, I decide that I want to be there in the opening morning.

I was the first person to be at the toy section and what do you know...five minutes later the Hot Wheels guys come in. A total of three. It's very known in my area that the Hot Wheels collectors are early risers and the scalpers.

After their Hot Wheels in hand, they went towards the Marvel Legends first (no restock) and then the Star Wars but too late, I was there.

New restock of 500th Darth Vader figures (about 12), restock of Darth Vader (Unleashed v.3) (12), Yoda vs. Sidious (6) and Asajj Ventress (4).

Darth Vader on operating table (2), Clone warriors package (2), Forgot the name...the jedi girl on the speeder that breaks up (2), some droid version on the same peg (1), Clone with backpack (1).

Force Battle - Was told by the stocker that they received one in but that sold. Nothing today but clone troopers...about six of them and a lot of Mace, Chewbacca and Mace.

Needless to say that most of this I got today, mainly the Darth Vaders Unleashed (which I got 9 of the 12). Unfortunately, like every Unleashed the card is not in the greatest condition with the sides, slightly bent during shipment but I know a few people have contacted me on here that if I see one, if I can pick them up one for sale at cost or trade. So, yes...if you're interested in obtaining one, please contact me.

Anyway, to end... Hot Wheels Scalper was next to me looking at my cart. All I can say was "a lot of good stuff came in today" and smile. And he looks at my cart and says "I can see that".

I didn't get any Marvel Legends but it was nice to get something before they could and help people on here who were unable to get them at cost.

kndy

7/28

A few weeks ago, I complained of not seeing hardly any Star Wars. I felt that they were phasing out the line and getting ready for newer figures because there was hardly any restocking and by the way things look and with sales galore, it was near the end of the Star Wars run.

I reported Sunday morning of many Star Wars Unleashed, clone packs, Darth Vader on the operating table and 500th figures galore.

Now, Tuesday...I report that two Wal-Marts (Selma and Hanford) just received a flood of Star Wars. We checked one more Wal-Mart in Fresno (Kings Canyon store) and nada.

OK, here is the surprising thing that I found...

A restock of many of the older Star Wars ROTS figures (with the exception of and Galactic Heroes (with the exception of Padme/Anakin, Jawa set and Jango set, Darth Taters and many Jedi vs. Sith packs.

So, if you missed the first two dozen of ROTS figures like Darth Vader, Yoda, Mace, R2-D2, etc., at my Wal-Mart there were plenty of them restocked. And I'm guessing this may be happening at other Wal-Marts as well. Let it be known that I have not seen 45-47 though which is Tarkin, Ask Aak and Meena Tills.

As for Marvel Legends, all empty but I did find Captain America at one store. A friend reported seeing a restock of Storm and Black Widow. So, I'm curious if aside from the "well known" case that is being distributed to Wal-Mart, if we also have another chance at the variants for Storm, Black Widow and Captain America.

SPIDER-MAN, looks like the Beetle is the most popular figure. I see several of the others repainted Scorpion, metal version of Spider-Man and the others of that wave except the Beetle.

Restock of Lord of the Rings figures as well. Mainly Council Legolas, Super Poseable Boromir and Strider and Hama.

Anyway, if you are a Star Wars collector...you may want to check your Wal-Marts!

kndy

7/30

I wanted to try again at 6:00 a.m. at Hanford Wal-Mart to see if I can beat the Hot Wheels scalpers and get an opportunity to find a Marvel Legends variant. Got there and pegs were full of everyone from the ML case. 2 of everything except Juggernaut which there was one. No variants.

Saw 7 new boxes of the LOTR "Defeat of Sauron" for $17.99 and Star Wars Evolutions Annakin to Darth Vader for $19.99.

Pretty much realized that at this store...ML's on Saturday and Tuesday, Star Wars on Tuesday and Sunday and the same for other WM stores in the area.

No more early morning toy hunting. Good to get first chance at getting things but Marvel Legends variants are hard to come by. Congratulations to those who were able to score them though!

kndy

galactus.jpg

just curious

has anyone in fresno been hitting walmarts and finding the best of ML case? cuz I keep finding brown wolverines but nothing else

Hi Degato,

One place and other collectors in the area think the reason the Wal-Mart is hardly touch is the location it's in. I believe it's the one near the fairgrounds.

Anyway, if you are looking for something, let me know. Hanford and Selma tend to have full pegs but they are stuff most of us have already from the set. It seems we are all looking for the variants or Goliath. But if you need something, feel free to ask.

kndy

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE