• You cannot reply to this topic

Resolute toon on CN?

#1 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

http://www.adultswim...ched_033109.jpg
I'm still a little suspicious.

I stopped by tHaT place we aren't supposed to go and followed the link to that.

#2 User is offline   boff123 

• cobra lackey

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

hopefully its true. 26th is here soon!

#3 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

Don't know what the majority opinion is on this Resolute Cartoon of G.I.Joe, but from what little I've seen...it looks pretty impressive and more in style of or more to my liking and tastes for what I think of G.I.Joe and it's ARAH characters.

#4 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

it looks amazing, unfortantely i don't have cable right now and likely won't by then. So hopefully it heads to DVD quickly.

My worry is that it got this time slot and no promotions up till now because it is already considered a flop.

#5 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

View PostrevSears, on Apr 2 2009, 07:20 PM, said:

it looks amazing, unfortantely i don't have cable right now and likely won't by then. So hopefully it heads to DVD quickly.

My worry is that it got this time slot and no promotions up till now because it is already considered a flop.

Have a buddy copy it to DVD for ya! ^_^ Could even edit out all the commericals.

#6 User is offline   ARROW 

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

View PostrevSears, on Apr 2 2009, 03:43 PM, said:

[url="http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/tools/img/sched_033109.jpg"/url]
I'm still a little suspicious.

I stopped by tHaT place we aren't supposed to go and followed the link to that.

Its possible that listing is correct and accurate.
And if the show is not being advertised much, my guess is that its as result of a decision by Hasbro to divest themselves of it.
My assumption is that somewhere along the line......someone got cold feet about a mature version of GIJOE, especially a mature animated version. Showing the characters kill other character might seem cool to us, but to sponsors and the network.....its a tide that can change favour on very quickly.
To my mind that would also explain why Hasbro hasn't talked much about it in the Q&A's--other to say they are holding off on it.
They obviously have contracts signed for air dates before they began production and they have to honour those air dates==regardless of how much they dislike the show itself.
The show is probably really good, and the objection is to the mature themes and tone.

My guess is that it'll be packaged as a DVD before the end of this year and probably shown on TV a few times between now and then.

#7 User is offline   HissCommander 

• Battle Droid

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

Funny thing about all of this is i saw this posted as an APRIL FOOLS joke on HissTank yesterday, and now its fron page news. The OP of the thread even posted on my site saying it was a joke.

SNAKE_EYES on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:37 pm
I started it as an April fool's joke over at the Tank yesterday then another member posted around 9:00 p.m. yesterday the link to that Cartoon Network adult swim schedule in the original thread and then it got real :) so now Shin front paged the story and gave myself and another Tanker front page credit.

Im not sure what to think here! I hope its legit, but i will remain skeptical!

#8 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

I hope its legit. I would be interested in seeing it.

#9 User is offline   JohnnyRebelV2 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

View PostrevSears, on Apr 2 2009, 03:20 PM, said:

It's called torrent. Download it.

#10 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:43 AM

View PostJohnnyRebelV2, on Apr 2 2009, 09:01 PM, said:

I don't trust that stuff.. you get viruses that way.

But I am sure you can watch it on the adultswim website or youtube

#11 User is offline   jedicrippler 

• We've got movie sign!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:45 AM

View PostHissCommander, on Apr 2 2009, 09:39 PM, said:

Funny thing about all of this is i saw this posted as an APRIL FOOLS joke on HissTank yesterday, and now its fron page news. The OP of the thread even posted on my site saying it was a joke.

I started it as an April fool's joke over at the Tank yesterday then another member posted around 9:00 p.m. yesterday the link to that Cartoon Network adult swim schedule in the original thread and then it got real :) so now Shin front paged the story and gave myself and another Tanker front page credit.

I'm actually the one who pointed out the actual listing on the AS website in that thread at HT. The original thread for April Fools' Day was saying that it would be airing on Aug. 9 at 11PM EDT. I was actually checking AS's schedule to see if there was any update on new Code Geass episodes & noticed the Resolute addition. I went over to HT to see if there was a thread on it yet & found the AF thread. Very odd how sometimes a joke can become reality. #US1#

#12 User is offline   Straight Edge 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:16 AM

View PostARROW, on Apr 2 2009, 07:09 PM, said:

They obviously have contracts signed for air dates before they began production and they have to honour those air dates==regardless of how much they dislike the show itself.
The show is probably really good, and the objection is to the mature themes and tone.

That'd make sense is Hasbro hadn't originally pitched it (to fans) as a web series. It was not, originally, meant to air on TV at all.

So I can't see how this is Cartoon Network's way of quietly meeting a contractual obligation for a show that doesn't meet their approval. Hasbro was consistent on their stance that it was a mature web series, mainly for older fans. Any agreement to air it on TV came later, and is probably the reason Hasbro's been mum since the new year about Resolute's future. And if Cn came into the game that late, the knew full-well it was a more adult series.

So all that really can be concluded is that CN gave it a crappy time slot, not why or with what sinister agenda.

#13 User is offline   Dilios 

• Random Hero

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:07 AM

Hopefully its on cable...
I heard it was only online, and online cartoons arent meant to be very good...

#14 User is offline   HissCommander 

• Battle Droid

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

View Postjedicrippler, on Apr 3 2009, 01:45 AM, said:

View PostHissCommander, on Apr 2 2009, 09:39 PM, said:

I'm actually the one who pointed out the actual listing on the AS website in that thread at HT. The original thread for April Fools' Day was saying that it would be airing on Aug. 9 at 11PM EDT. I was actually checking AS's schedule to see if there was any update on new Code Geass episodes & noticed the Resolute addition. I went over to HT to see if there was a thread on it yet & found the AF thread. Very odd how sometimes a joke can become reality. #US1#

Well alright then :D

Hope its true then!

#15 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

I believe its legit. It looks like its going to be shown as a full 1-hour episode instead of breaking it up in the original 5 min micro episodes and it will be on at Midnight the 25th. Hasbro had always intended to try and get it on Adult Swim but originally it was going to start off as a Internet Micro series. My guess is CN wanted to debut it first which is fine with me. I would much rather watch it in one sitting than individual 5 min episodies.

#16 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:23 AM

For those who missed it the first time or want to see it again, click here to see the leaked preview from SDCC last year.

http://toynewsi.com/...=9&itemid=14301

#17 User is offline   HissCommander 

• Battle Droid

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

View PostJayC, on Apr 3 2009, 09:15 AM, said:

I believe its legit. It looks like its going to be shown as a full 1-hour episode instead of breaking it up in the original 5 min micro episodes and it will be on at Midnight the 25th. Hasbro had always intended to try and get it on Adult Swim but originally it was going to start off as a Internet Micro series. My guess is CN wanted to debut it first which is fine with me. I would much rather watch it in one sitting than individual 5 min episodies.

totally agree! I would rather see a nice hour long episode on a HD LCD TV than on my computer monitor lol.

#18 User is offline   simplez 

• Andorian

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

Finally some good news this week. Everybody in hub-bub about this dumb Wonder Twins set and what not.

#19 User is offline   xhairs 

• Classics for life.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

man i cant wait for this.

#20 User is offline   JohnnyRebelV2 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

View PostCLAM, on Apr 2 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyRebelV2, on Apr 2 2009, 09:01 PM, said:

I don't trust that stuff.. you get viruses that way.

But I am sure you can watch it on the adultswim website or youtube

I swear by torrents. I've used it daily for years and never got a virus. The quality of videos on youtube is in a horrible resolution. Torrents looks great. Plus can download it commercial free.

#21 User is offline   RobbieDigital 

• With Bottlecap Bitin Action!!!!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

To be honest, I was more excited about this than the live-action movie. Its cool that its just going to be released in its entireity.....I hate mini-episode things.

I'm looking forward to the 25th and my DVR will be set!!!!!

#22 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

I'm looking forward to this too. I thought it would be swept under the rug, honestly.

I never had cable since I moved into my apt. and I really don't miss it. I'll just camp out at my parent's house and make sure the VCR is set while I'm at it. Yes, some still use VCRs.

#23 User is offline   BrotherShane 

• As seen on TV!

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

Best Joe news I've heard in a while!

#24 User is offline   kow626 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:16 AM

now this is good news. lookin forward 2 it. real guns. people dying. i jus hope da writing n voice acting isnt as horrible as sigma six.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us