TNI Forums: April Q&A With Mattel For DC, MOTUC and Ghostbusters - TNI Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

April Q&A With Mattel For DC, MOTUC and Ghostbusters Also ask your DC Questions for the next round here

#26 User is offline   darthfoley 

• Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

View PostBigDawg, on Apr 2 2009, 10:13 AM, said:

View Postdarthfoley, on Apr 2 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

Quite a bit if I felt it was worth it. ;)

None of it could counter what History has repeatedly proven.

You're right. Nothing that could be said on this forum could counter the historically proven fact that you can't please everybody every time...and, given my experience on toy forums over the years, toy collectors in particular.

:)

Certainly there are things Mattel could improve, distribution probably main among them, but at the same time I think a whole lot of folks are pretty unrealistic in both what they expect and what they think Mattel 'owes' them.

#27 User is offline   Jeff 

• Tri-Klops

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:25 AM

I think what history shows is that most fans are all bark and no bite. Take these SDCC exclusives as an example. People will #$#@#, complain and curse the ground Mattel walks on, but when push comes to shove those same people will be standing in line or waiting online to buy them and Mattel will sell them out in no time.

#28 User is offline   nonameshmo30 

• Rat King

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

Trust me i have said this befor i think we as collectors should band together no matter how painful and stop buying these figures for a while to show mattel or who ever how much of our money they get. I garentee the moms randomly shoping for toys for there kids wil not touch the gobs of money we put into it

But its so hard to get people to back up there barking.

#29 User is offline   Zor 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

Mattel and these other toy companies feel confident they could always have buyers for their products because of scalpers.

Unfortunately the same scalpers drive up the prices of these toys. No wonder thinking back in the 80's as a kid I could never find the transformers figure I wanted because some scalper have already beaten me to it buying multiple items. I would eventually find the toy in a hobby/toy specialty store (scalper) in a mall at an inflated rate.

There will always be buyers that is what scalpers are for because they will buy these products and sell them to the poor soul (usually a nice kid) for a profit on-line or on the street.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us