AMC's The Walking Dead

Dragon66

The Walking Dead premiered on Halloween night on AMC. I finally got around to watching the whole episode yesterday and I thought it was awesome. I love the comic series and feel they nailed it on the head with this adaption. I can't wait to see the next five episodes. What do you think?

I love zombie movies, but I always want more than the 1-2 hours that they have to offer, so hopefully this show will do that. The pilot episode was awesome, but it made me sad that the horse died. :(

Great episode as always. I am really enjoying this series. This is what I always wanted in a zombies apocalypse. I hope they will do an episode explaining how this all started in the first place.

I was so pissed on Halloween after a long day of moving my stuff and cleaning I had tv and was really getting into the show absolutely cheering when I saw the characters pwning zombies with headshots I yelled out every time "BOOM HEADSHOT when I saw a zombie het a 32 caliber round in his head and then the channel cut out on my tv along with space and teletoon retro and at that point I hadn't hooked up my 360 I basically went hulk only my face was red... my god I'm the red Hulk... might as well search bigbadtoystore for a toy of myself :D

I was so pissed on Halloween after a long day of moving my stuff and cleaning I had tv and was really getting into the show absolutely cheering when I saw the characters pwning zombies with headshots I yelled out every time "BOOM HEADSHOT when I saw a zombie het a 32 caliber round in his head and then the channel cut out on my tv along with space and teletoon retro and at that point I hadn't hooked up my 360 I basically went hulk only my face was red... my god I'm the red Hulk... might as well search bigbadtoystore for a toy of myself :D

You can watch it on AMC's website:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/episode-101

Last nights episode was better than the first. The pacing definitely picked up in week 2, I can't wait until next Sunday! This is definitely a series that will be a great complete season on DVD.

Really?

I thought this week was kind of lame and drug out.

SPOILERS:

I think the whole "best friend doing the wife of the best friend who thinks he's dead" thing is a little too soap opera-ish. Oh, and they're in the same camp of survivors as the one's he saved in the city? What a coincidence...

Seriously, who's gonna be thinking about starting a relationship with their best friend's wife a few months after a zombie apocalypse happens? I think the storyline would've been much better off if they left us wondering what happened to his wife and kid.

Them being trapped in a building is also pretty cliche for zombie movies. After the first episode, I was hoping it would stray from that...but they went right into it in the second episode. Actually, everything was cliche. Pinned down by zombies in a building? Check. Southern racial tension between two characters? Check. Chinese guy driving a fast car? Check. Lost love drama? Check.

The only thing cool and new about this episode was the reveal about the zombies being able to smell them, leading to the part with them covered in zombie blood walking down the street blending in with the other zombies. Other than that, this episode was a let down, IMO. The first episode set everything up great, and this episode did an excellent job of moving it into the realm of run-of-the-mill sci-fi television drama.

I could be wrong, but I see this going the way of Lost...

You can watch it on AMC's website:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/episode-101

unfortunately I have no speakers for my new PC its just the basics for now feel like an effing cave man @grumpy@

Last nights episode was better than the first. The pacing definitely picked up in week 2, I can't wait until next Sunday! This is definitely a series that will be a great complete season on DVD.

Really?

I just felt they were sticking to the story from the comics, pretty much straight up. I checked out all 12 of the TPB's this summer and read the series up to there and there is definitely some craziness coming if they stick true to the comic series.

Really?

I just felt they were sticking to the story from the comics, pretty much straight up. I checked out all 12 of the TPB's this summer and read the series up to there and there is definitely some craziness coming if they stick true to the comic series.

i began reading them too. i took the books. i got the book six last friday. i cant wait to read it but i dont have much time right now. this is the best zombie telling story ever and if they stick to the comics then (as you said) there is definitely some craziness coming. this is the best i have readed in a long time. i havent seen it on tv because it takes a while before it arrives in europe. mostly i buy them on dvd or bluray as soon as they are out. i cant be in front of the tv every week. my work doesnt allow it.

Last nights episode definitely felt like episode three of six, it drug out a little bit while setting up the conflicts for the next three episodes. Luckily from the previews of next week, it looks like the action is going to pick back up.

• 11 months later...

This thread is back from the dead!

Anyone else catch the season premier? I thought it was good, different from the book, but I liked it. The whole highway scene had me and my wife on edge, that one girl should have stopped caring about reassembling her gun and just sat still! Very good stuff, can't wait to see what gets used from the books and what doesn't and how it all plays out. With Halloween right around the corner, my wife and I go on a zombie movie spree!

Yeah the point where Shane would have died would have probably been last season, but once I read that Shane was going to be back, I figured they'd work him in somehow. Kinda dissappointed we didn't get to see them in that gated community, but I am glad they are moving forward on the Hershals farm story arch, so far it's been a healthy blend of whats in the book and new material. (Shouldn't that black guy have bled out in like, 10 seconds? I thought for sure he was a goner!)

I really can't say enough good things about this show. If you're a fan on this genre, then this show is a home run!

• 4 months later...

Finally watched Sunday's episode, for sure didn't see it coming. My wife and I are finished with the first seven TPB and what happened on Sunday wasn't the same as in the comic, so I was happy to get a surprise. RIP buddy, I thought you were going to last a lot longer...

Poor Carl, hes just a kid, kids dont know better and hes gotta live with the weight of that the rest of his life. I am loving this show, I dont want the season to end.