MOTUC Castle Grayskull Almost Finished

JayC

So Cornboy of the Four Horsemen posted on his FB status they were almost done making the new MOTUC Castle Grayskull. I am hoping that means we will be getting our first look at the new playset next weekend at Toy Fair.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Toyguru, Master of all toys..regarding shipping costs.

"It costs what it costs and hopefully we have enough customers willing to pay for more figures. If not, we'll wrap things up for Classiocs in 2013."

It costs what it costs...? Really? Sounds more like, "We know the price of shipping is way too high, that's how we squeeze more money from you. If you don't like it, quit the line."

The guy just doesn't care, period. Funny thing is, right now he's got that nonchalant attitude about the future of the line. But come July when sub sales start, he'll be begging us with more lies and promises to buy subs... along with the usual scare tactics.

Yes, this has nothing to do with CG.. lol

"It costs what it costs and hopefully we have enough customers willing to pay for more figures. If not, we'll wrap things up for Classiocs in 2013."

It costs what it costs...? Really? Sounds more like, "We know the price of shipping is way too high, that's how we squeeze more money from you. If you don't like it, quit the line."

The guy just doesn't care, period. Funny thing is, right now he's got that nonchalant attitude about the future of the line. But come July when sub sales start, he'll be begging us with more lies and promises to buy subs... along with the usual scare tactics.

Sorry but he's wrong on the shipping costs...large shippers can easily work deals in the shipping industry.

I find it hard to believe that Mattel doesn't already have a deal in place.

It's very possible that Castle Grayskull will be the "grand finally" for the line... That is if TG and the wankers at Mattel decide that 2014 isn't viable. My guess is shipping prices will remain what they are, High as hell! ... and Mattel will sit back and see if we, the fans will bend over and take it for another year. If sub sales are at an all time low, they will probably cancel all 2014 subs and offer the remaining projected 2014 figures on Mattycollector, or at the very worst decide not to produce the 2014 line up, thus phasing out the line. In other words, They kinda want the line to end... but only if they have an excuse to blame the fans. They will say it's our fault because we drew the line at their preposterous shipping prices. Very steadily they have been creeping the price up with the cost of the figure and now shipping too, essentially seeing how far they can get away with it. When the day comes that fans say "F" this, Mattel will retire classics and start fresh. In the end, I hope we have waves 1 through 5 completed... 1-7 would be ideal.

I was thinking the same thing. I dont know if i sub again. Shipping is just to high. Sad because motuc is the motu line ever. Funny last year he said if sales werent good then they could always try to find another way like a preorder system or exclusives. Now its just impossible and it ends if quota isnt met. Sorry but every shop asks less when you get a second or third item for shipping. If they really lost money on it the last few years (i doubt it) then they sure will win some now. Yeah well if it ends it ends. After ram man most is a bonus to me anyway :-D

No matter when or how the line ends, TG will blame the fans. I think we can all agree on that.

Oh, yeah, that's exactly where they will go if the sub doesn't happen for 2014. I guarantee they will use the usual scare tactics and start right around early July I will be willing to bet.

I do hope they show the Castle off at Toyfair along with some figures.

Its amazing how Mattel is back tracking on their promises...when the sub went through, it was stated several times that the buy through on the 2013 sub determines the sku's for 2014.

In other words, 2014 was supposed to be a lock, so that this year and next would enable them to "wrap-up" the core characters for the line.

If they don't offer a 2014 sub liked they said they would, then they pretty well duped all of us last year.

Absolutely right on the nose man. Remember back around SDCC last year before the sub sales opened he was Joe Cool, all confident that the line would continue? Then when the numbers weren't what he thought he made 5 videos begging us to buy the sub. Plus he had everyone that's ever been associated with MOTU make videos too.

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE