MOTUC: New York Toy Fair 2013

TommyGoth

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=336&itemid=19958

Well we got our first solid look at Castle Grayskull. We are getting a new add in sub for the Filmation figures. Plus we got to see fully tooled versions of a few figures.

What does everyone think?

I really don't think it looks that small guys. I'm the first guy to say something negative about Neitlich but that castle is damned impressive. Look through the pics and see how detailed it is.

A tone of people are complaining how small it is. I can understand, if I paid that high price id be upset too that it shrunk a little. Over all not to impressed with Mattel's showings. Hasbro blew them out of the water. DC was very weak showing wise. MOTU not much better.

Draven

GI Joe and Hasbro did steal the show this year, I agree. They had 8 figure reveals that I really want, including the cancelled Kwinn and Data Viper figures. The Tomahawk not only being released but being only $40 was probably the biggest news for me.

But getting back to MOTUC, is anyone getting the Filmation sub?

GI Joe and Hasbro did steal the show this year, I agree. They had 8 figure reveals that I really want, including the cancelled Kwinn and Data Viper figures. The Tomahawk not only being released but being only $40 was probably the biggest news for me.

I probably will get it. Strongarm would have sold me right away on the sub though. Hope he's one of the 6.

I probably will get it. Strongarm would have sold me right away on the sub though. Hope he's one of the 6.

Strongarm!!! You sir just sold me on the sub. I'll bet Lizard Man is in there too and maybe Sea Hawk or Madam Razz. I could give a crap less about POP Filmation characters but I already want the 3 that are announced.

I watched the live feed... but between the moron taking the video and having to hear TG's annoying "Valley Girl" voice... I had to turn it off.

Regarding the dungeon floor, I'm hearing that it will NOT come with the castle. I predicted as much. But other boards mention it being part of a Grayskull Expansion Pack??? Is this what he said???

If this is true, It only fuels my hatred for Mattel. $300 for a small castle and reduced accessories?? And then having to pay extra down the road for an expansion pack?... WTF?

Im so getting the Filmation sub, ive waited almost 30 years for these figures. I would think Strongarm, lizard man and Razz would be in next years filmation sub (if there is one) as those three are sub sellers. Is it bad that I really want a Plundor, a pink evil bunny while stupid just about tops my filmation wish list. My prediction for the last three are a bit out there. Nepthu (supposedly Scotts favorite), Seahawk (we will no doupt get a She-ra figure as the series is mentioned and he seems a good nitche) and another one ep. wonder Vultak (who would look oh so cool). Although we could see a filmation Marzo or Evilseed, both have been in the rumor mill. A Koldar would also be possible as they do need a hero.

I watched the live feed... but between the moron taking the video and having to hear TG's annoying "Valley Girl" voice... I had to turn it off.

Regarding the dungeon floor, I'm hearing that it will NOT come with the castle. I predicted as much. But other boards mention it being part of a Grayskull Expansion Pack??? Is this what he said???

If this is true, It only fuels my hatred for Mattel. $300 for a small castle and reduced accessories?? And then having to pay extra down the road for an expansion pack?... WTF?

Where did you hear about this expansion pack? This is the first I've heard of it. I totally agree about Scott's valley girl voice. Funny you say that.

My prediction for the other 3 Filmation figures:

Strongarm

Lizard Man

Madame Razz w/Kowl

I could totally go for that. I don't think they'll do 2 Filmation subs if they are telling the truth about getting out all the essential characters. These 3 are probably the most essential next to the ones already revealed.

Where did you hear about this expansion pack? This is the first I've heard of it. I totally agree about Scott's valley girl voice. Funny you say that.

I saw it mentioned on the org and mattycollector.

That is too funny... Good thing I decided to pass on the castle or I be going off about now...

I'm just waiting to see the Mighty Spector fighting Mosquitor on the cover art. @loll@

And in the distance Cy-Chop and Sir Laser Lot getting their picture taken in by Fearless Photog. LOL

Whoa whoa whoa! Cy-Chop was a great figure! In the UK MOTU comics Hordak was always taking a being from a distant planet and turning him into a mechanical monster/beast (Modulok, Extendar, Dragstor, etc.). Cy-Chop fits that mold perfectly. I know a lot of people think he looks silly, but I think he looks awesome.

I'm just waiting to see the Mighty Spector fighting Mosquitor on the cover art. @loll@

I don't know about Mosquitor, but I would bet you dollars to donuts that Spector will end up on the cover somewhere. That's probably the sole reason Mattel said they reserve the right for final choices for the box art.

Some people might think, "Surely Neitlich wouldn't have the audacity to put his own character on the box art!" But I can almost guarantee he'll be on there somewhere in some form.

Whoa whoa whoa! Cy-Chop was a great figure! In the UK MOTU comics Hordak was always taking a being from a distant planet and turning him into a mechanical monster/beast (Modulok, Extendar, Dragstor, etc.). Cy-Chop fits that mold perfectly. I know a lot of people think he looks silly, but I think he looks awesome.

Which is exactly why he should be on the box art. :D

Which is exactly why he should be on the box art. :D

Ahhhh!! I see what you did there @smilepunch@

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE