TNI Forums: G.I.Joe Rise Of Cobra Target Exclusive Deluxe Figure Sets - TNI Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

G.I.Joe Rise Of Cobra Target Exclusive Deluxe Figure Sets

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

• Monkey
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

G.I.Joe Rise Of Cobra Target Exclusive Deluxe Figure Sets

View the full article

#2 User is offline   obiprime 

• $ I like It $

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

The fact that these are exclusives leads me to beleive there will be no S.N.A.K.E.S. in the Movie. :(

#3 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

I'm kind of over having the Torpedo mold being reused for EVERY diver no matter what. I can see how some might like it for the uniformity....

The SNAKE aromor is the only thing here that's tempting to get.

#4 User is offline   Inggasson 

• VICTORY OR VALHALLA!

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

ws_toys already has these on eBay. Not cheap though.

#5 User is offline   ninja katt 

• Andorian

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on Jul 16 2009, 10:49 AM, said:

I'm kind of over having the Torpedo mold being reused for EVERY diver no matter what. I can see how some might like it for the uniformity....
Even a few new diver parts or a bit more frankensteining would be nice. The straight up repaints are pretty lazy though. The only semi-decent one so far has been Eels.

The only one of these I have any interest in is the snake armor.

#6 User is offline   Chaz 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

I wonder what will be inside the cardboard M.A.R.S. cases that come with each figure. Apparently some sort of secret accessories. Perhaps like the artifacts that came with the Indiana Jones figures, or the Clone Gear that came with the Star Wars Clone Wars figures.

#7 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

View Postninja katt, on Jul 16 2009, 06:38 PM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on Jul 16 2009, 10:49 AM, said:

Even a few new diver parts or a bit more frankensteining would be nice. The straight up repaints are pretty lazy though. The only semi-decent one so far has been Eels.

The only one of these I have any interest in is the snake armor.

It is a little bit of a conundrum. It is kinda cool to have them in a more "uniform" look. I mean just how different CAN a dive suit look? I think the actual problem is how many divers do we need in the first place? We have what, 2 or 3 of each now?

My only real complaint is Deep Six. He's gotten the shaft in every 25th version. They gave us RAH version one TWICE. Are you #$&^ kidding me? And that half-assed "version 2" (I think) attempt. Would it have killed to, at the least, mold a a dive suit helmet?

Look on the bright side. It is one less item to get. And I kinda get the impression there will be a lot fewer "completists" with the movie line then before.

#8 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

View Postpesatyel, on Jul 16 2009, 08:18 PM, said:

My only real complaint is Deep Six. He's gotten the shaft in every 25th version. They gave us RAH version one TWICE. Are you #$&^ kidding me? And that half-assed "version 2" (I think) attempt. Would it have killed to, at the least, mold a a dive suit helmet?

Agreed! They could have taken the time and really knocked the v1 reissue out of the park with extra detail and what not. Instead we got virtually the same figure. That one that came in the TRU 3 pack was kinda, maybe an "homage" to v2, but is that a dive suit or Ace's flight suit? And where's the air tank? Actually the ROC Deep Six might be the best one yet if only it wan't Torpedo's head under that mask.

#9 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on Jul 17 2009, 09:12 AM, said:

View Postpesatyel, on Jul 16 2009, 08:18 PM, said:

Agreed! They could have taken the time and really knocked the v1 reissue out of the park with extra detail and what not. Instead we got virtually the same figure. That one that came in the TRU 3 pack was kinda, maybe an "homage" to v2, but is that a dive suit or Ace's flight suit? And where's the air tank? Actually the ROC Deep Six might be the best one yet if only it wan't Torpedo's head under that mask.

See that's what I can't quite get my head around. For the Joe comic packs especially, they were able to reuse the old body and give 98% of them brand new heads.

This applies to repaint Transformers too, but WHY can't they keep doing that? If they want to make Crankcase out of Cybertron Red Alert's body or Crankcase out of Shipwreck and Cobra Trooper, WHY can't they make new heads for each?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us