Wired.com has new movie vehicle pics.

JoeRhyno

awe man.. I am BUMMED

I thought it was going to be the real Night Raven.

this new one looks alright.. but I'm betting once I see more pics of it, the cheapness/cheesy-ness of it will shine through.

The other vehicles don't do anything for me.

awe man.. I am BUMMED

It IS the real Night Raven, the real MOVIE Night Raven.

It baffles me to no end to see fans hark that this "isn't the original toy" when Hasbro made no guarantees of such. In fact, expecting the original mold would have been foolhardy to begin with since you figure Hasbro is going to use a movie toyline to, y'know, support the movie.

awe man.. I am BUMMED

It IS the real Night Raven, the real MOVIE Night Raven.

It baffles me to no end to see fans hark that this "isn't the original toy" when Hasbro made no guarantees of such. In fact, expecting the original mold would have been foolhardy to begin with since you figure Hasbro is going to use a movie toyline to, y'know, support the movie.

Heh, funny part is that I thought this WAS the original Night Raven! The other vehicles are kinda boring but I never had a Night Raven as a kid so this will be more than acceptable. Kinda glad it's a tad smaller, but totally captures the feel of the original.

awe man.. I am BUMMED

this new one looks alright.. but I'm betting once I see more pics of it, the cheapness/cheesy-ness of it will shine through.

The other vehicles don't do anything for me.

Ya, I'm with you there Clam.

It looks alright, but there's just something about it thats...off. I'm not even sure what it is.

nightraven_leftfront_iso.jpg

nightraven2__scaled_600.jpg

First off, the old Night Raven is based off of a real plane, so it looks more realistic...almost like a model plane. The new one looks like something from an Anime movie, and comes off more as a toy than the original. Granted, these ARE toys, but I prefer the more realistic approach. The sleeker, more aerodynamic lines on the original look much better than the blocky look of the new one.

The new Raven doesn't have a recon jet. This small piece alone adds a TON to the coolness of the original, and was a great addition for playability.

The missile pods of the original seem to have been replaced by spring-loaded rockets inside of the jet engines...WTF? @lol@

There may or may not be a bomb compartment on the new one...if it doesn't, that's another thing the vintage one has on it.

Overall, it's not bad, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting it. I have a vintage Night Raven already, and would've bought another if they had re-released the original, but I may pass on this knock-off Night Raven. It does look a lot better than most of the new vehicles they've given us over the last 8 years or so, I'll give it that...but Hasbro still has a long ways to go to match what they accomplished in the 80's.

The Scarab was close to being a win, but then they went and ruined it with all the junk on the top of it. What is all of that crap supposed to be anyways? Why couldn't they just give it a plain roof, with a missile rack like the Stinger or something?

Well guys, I thought I'd show this here first.

Some of my sources outside of the US have just sent me pictures of another new toy from the movie line.

I now present to you - GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra Skystriker!

imagemagicphp.jpg

@loll@

Well guys, I thought I'd show this here first.

Some of my sources outside of the US have just sent me pictures of another new toy from the movie line.

I now present to you - GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra Skystriker!

imagemagicphp.jpg

@loll@

PWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! PRE-ORDERED THIS BABY!

stevey maximus, it is NOT the real Night Raven, remade from the original molds. people like myself who are mostly hardcore 25th line want cool vehicles and figures like that. when we see something that looks so cool and then get let down when we see its just a cheap version, it sucks. how do you know theres even going to be a night raven in the movie? we love the 25th line because it takes us back to when we were kids and we loved the original line. I was there buying my first figures in 1982 when they first came out, I doubt you were even born yet, so you wouldnt understand.

I have to admit I really dig the scarab despite the crappy spring loaded missle. I can totally see Cobra using these in urban assaults. And that's obviously a Motoviper albeit lacking the original colors. People will think this is sacrilege but I think this vehicle makes a lot more sense than the Stun ever did. The Stun was completely rediculous .

I might look for a Frostbite on ebay to avoid buying that repainted JvC (VvV?) trash. The Rockslide isn't doing anything for me, especially with the Snowjob repaint.

EDIT- Wow. I just wrote nearly a paragraph about the night raven being a decent tribute to the original but after looking at the side by side comparison I have to take it back. The new one IS a let down.