• Smug
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

no magazine scans.

#2 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

that batman looks like a custom someone here did ... & This looks to be something out of toyfare... I'll believe it when I see it here :D

#3 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

lol thas hal in the jet armor ... you do know hals history right? :D :D

2 the figure supports his new look plus he has rings! RINGS! :P I'd rather have a figure of him as his new look than in the superman outfit... Star sapphire is leading to something big in the comics it makes sense... Plus is nice for those WHO don't have a older version... Plus the older one is outdated by now too...

3 wow been reading any greenlantern books lately?.. :P

Posted Image

&

4 ... a question of my own... why is this called a "new" line... we already had a green lantern lineup in DCD figures! Did they just forget the first two waves or what?! :D

#4 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

I will get Star Sapphire and the Bats for sure!
Draven

#5 User is offline   Nightwing1219 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:16 PM

this is definitly a pretty good wave, but we need a 5th figure! ABIN SUR! c'mon, all they need to do is sculpt a bald head, and toss it onto any of the previous green lantern bodies. the only real stinker of this set is the basically repackaged hal.
next wave needs to be a sinestro corps-heavy one: superboy, anti monitor, sinestro, abin, and maybe the new girl from sinestros planet (her name escapes me right now)

#6 User is offline   Mr. Yac 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

as much as i hate pointless variants i've wanted a Bat-lantern ever since i saw how badass that cover was a few months back. but over all a bit dissapointed here, i love how we're getting some Sinestro Corps figures, but my favorite part of the last 2 GL series was that they snuch in at least 1 crazy alien Lantern, well heres hoping this will be a 5 figure wave a Ch'p or Gnort will be given their figure due :D

#7 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:00 AM

View PostTomaXamoT, on Aug 9 2007, 12:16 AM, said:

this is definitly a pretty good wave, but we need a 5th figure! ABIN SUR! c'mon, all they need to do is sculpt a bald head, and toss it onto any of the previous green lantern bodies. the only real stinker of this set is the basically repackaged hal.
next wave needs to be a sinestro corps-heavy one: superboy, anti monitor, sinestro, abin, and maybe the new girl from sinestros planet (her name escapes me right now)

Yes there names are a pain to remember... I want all the main guys from the GL corps series though my self :) uhm... BAF planet mongo anyone? :D

Personally I hope we get some DCSH or classics or whatever they are called GL waves... :) that would work quite nicely with planet mongo just spread out the baf over two waves of gl figures... :)

#8 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:49 AM

View Postsynch, on Aug 9 2007, 01:00 AM, said:

View PostTomaXamoT, on Aug 9 2007, 12:16 AM, said:

Yes there names are a pain to remember... I want all the main guys from the GL corps series though my self :) uhm... BAF planet mongo anyone? :D

Personally I hope we get some DCSH or classics or whatever they are called GL waves... :) that would work quite nicely with planet mongo just spread out the baf over two waves of gl figures... :)

synch, just go buy a basketball or an inflatable ball, and paint it like Mogo. There you go, instant custom.

#9 User is offline   the dc direct fan 

• Respect the Man of Steel

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:56 AM

Besides Star Sapphire I'm sold on that whole set.

#10 User is offline   Nightwing1219 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:16 AM

Soranik Natu! thats her name! http://en.wikipedia....ki/Soranik_Natu

#11 User is offline   Rollo Tomassi 

• Smug

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:27 AM

View Postsynch, on Aug 8 2007, 06:59 PM, said:

4 ... a question of my own... why is this called a "new" line... we already had a green lantern lineup in DCD figures! Did they just forget the first two waves or what?! :D

Yeah, those would be the "Old" GL Figures, and these would be the "New" GL figures.

Who would click on a thread called "OLD DCDirect Green Lantern Series" ??

I would very much like to see Arkillo also. I suspect that we will see a Sinestro Corps wave at some point, with Sinestro, Superboy-Prime ( in his new threads and codename), Kyle Rayner Parallax, and hopefully Arkillo.

#12 User is offline   thanos0341 

• thanos0341

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

With all these GLs too choose from, they go with Bats as a GL? Whatever!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Titan 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

Argh, so many corp members deserved to be made and we get an armored Hal.... :(

#14 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:16 AM

View PostRollo Tomassi, on Aug 9 2007, 12:27 PM, said:

View Postsynch, on Aug 8 2007, 06:59 PM, said:

Yeah, those would be the "Old" GL Figures, and these would be the "New" GL figures.

Who would click on a thread called "OLD DCDirect Green Lantern Series" ??

I would very much like to see Arkillo also. I suspect that we will see a Sinestro Corps wave at some point, with Sinestro, Superboy-Prime ( in his new threads and codename), Kyle Rayner Parallax, and hopefully Arkillo.

ahah ok my bad here I thought for some reason it was just dcd or whatever calling it a new series, anyways its a new wave I'd say rather than series :) Anyways yeah I get what you're saying now its what you are thinking and saying and what I am thinking and saying are two totally different things and ideas @loll@

I can't wait for that SC series as well, hopefully they play around with the packaging a bit too for that one, like having the Green lantern logo being covered up with a SC logo by SIn on the box or something lol! HEck they did a SIN figure as a GL its so easy for them to just take that mold and repaint it right there!

#15 User is offline   JayCueBatman 

• I am he who is called I am...I am The Dark Knight MOD!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

Bat-Lantern awesome, Star Saphire awesome, totally power hungry Cyborg Supes im so there

#16 User is offline   Snowman81 

• Trypticon

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:36 PM

Star Sapphire and Batman look great....I've wanted both Batman and Superman in the Green Lantern suits.....Batman looks like a good start. :D

#17 User is offline   Cyber Bishop 

• Floating in space staring at the sun...

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

View PostDraven79, on Aug 8 2007, 10:22 PM, said:

I will get Star Sapphire and the Bats for sure!
Draven

Agreed! I like SS.. Much better than the original.

#18 User is offline   Cloud 

• Jango Fett

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

I'll get the Batman/GreenLantern for sure. He's just a fun design.

#19 User is offline   muppethost 

• Superman

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:38 PM

In Chicago today, DC Direct also revealed a NEW Sinestro that looks JUST like he does in the Sinestro Corps book! He's AWESOME!!! They even sculpted the veins popping out of his forehead. I talked with Ethan Van Sciver today and we both agreed this figure looks like he walked right out of one of Ethan's drawings. Amazing.

#20 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

Yeah I just saw it as welll I'm amazed at all the retools it does look like it walked right off the comic pages :) How do you talk to him?..

#21 User is offline   SaintDemon 

• Zombie Decepticon

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

4 out of 5 figures are winners for me.
Star Shappire - Like someone said, the old figure is way outdated, this is just an awesome sculpt.
Bat Lantern - I'd never thought they would make him, really excited for this one.
Cyborg Supes - Cool, now I don't have to make a custom of this design, plus I think Henshaw is an interesting character.
Sinestro - Speechless, this figure is just too sweet.
So the only stinker is Armored hal. Every figure should've come packaged with a piece of armor that we could snap on the series 1 Hal, that way a new figure like Abin-Sur, Arkillo or even Karu-Sil could've taken its place in this series.

#22 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:52 PM

Your getting Sinestro in this wave not lantern in armor.

http://toynewsi.com/...10&itemid=11746

#23 User is offline   Mr. Yac 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:41 PM

thanks for the Update Jay, that makes it a damn near perfect wave then :D

#24 User is offline   boff123 

• cobra lackey

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

i like all of them except bats?! think he looks stupid, might get the whole wave and sell him off, the rest look good and i am glad that they subbed sinestro instead of another armor fig.

oh yeah 2400 post~!

#25 User is offline   jcjdotcom 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

I'd love to get some other Lanterns, but that is a sweet wave!

I hope we see a wave with some new Lanterns and some of the other Sinestro Corps members.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us