Toy Fair 2009: G.I. Joe - The Rise Of Cobra Figures And More

The Wire

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it say there are 127 images, but when I click the "View All Images" link, there are only 3 pictures?

Well, now that I've seen all the pictures, I have to say these look a lot better than the previous pics we've seen. Even so, I think I'll be spending my money on vintage stuff. I may pick up a SE and SS to keep MOC, just to have something from the movie line.

I'm impressed and anxious to get my hands on some of these. In-hand action figures always make a better impression than mere images, but so far....the toyline is showing me more than the movie itself, so I'm basically pretty pleased with what I'm seeing so far.

Uh ohhhhhh........I'm sensing less and less movie hate.

It would be shocking if Joe fans turned into the Transformers fans of a couple years ago. Just shocking...

Ya, I don't see any more "Top 10 reasons the Joe movie is going to suck" threads. @smilepunch@

Like most people, I'll be collecting about half of this line. I don't care for the Cobra Vipers too much, but the rest looks great.

It would be shocking if Joe fans turned into the Transformers fans of a couple years ago. Just shocking...

No, I'm fairly sure the movie will still suck hard.........I was just going to pick up a couple figures to keep MOC just for the sake of my Joe collection. I collect everything Joe for the most part..........I even have some Sigma 6 figures.......I'm still not a big fan but I picked up a couple to give them a chance. Most of the figures are pretty crappy though.........save a few.

I still would rather have Modern era stuff.........

Must haves:

Shipwreck, Black suit Scarlett, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes w/Timber, Snow Serpent.

The rest are wait and see in person. I noticed no CC or Destro.

Oh, and anyone else notice that the Snow Serpent has a Ski missile weapon based on the Ice Wolf vehicle?

That trench coat Snake-Eyes is too freakin cool!!!!! (Page 2 of the pics)

Gah!! I didn't see that initially!! That's sweet!!

I'm loving everything I see, from the figure variations to the packaging. I'm still not too crazy about the vehicles, but I'm incredibly excited about the figures. They look awesome. By the way, Storm Shadow looks amazing, definitely better than those early pics from the movie set implied. I love his new costume when before I thought it looked ridiculous...

And I caught a glimpse of what looked like a packaged six-or-seven-inch Storm Shadow in the background behind one of the the 3-3/4" figures. It could even have been a twelve-inch one, I can't be sure. Any info on that?

The figs look OK, and even if the movie does end up disappointing, at least you could use the figs as nameless Joes, or something.

I could <always!> do without the ergregiously large weapon/accessories, though, just a waste o' plastic, there!

There are few things i want. Mainly for either customs or things don't seem so Sci-fi or movish to me. That Trenchcoat se is sweet and reminds me of an old DDP cover. That stormshadow makes a good ss or with very little alteration a cobra scientist's body.

I'll be getting all three of the lady sculpts i've seen, all for customs though. Covergirl isn't a blonde to me, but that might make a good head for Dr. Knox. Scarlet's sigma suit could become Armada for Destro, as i'm okay with more sci-fi and hi-tech villians.

That heavy duty is nice, but i probably won't buy him as i don't want to support this whole HD over roadblock thing they have going.

Deep six is just a repaint but i have to admit i like the deco.

Still holding out hope for a millitary dress version of Hawk, and someone in a bussiness suit!

Hmm.... That Battle Suit Scarlett head would make a great head for a CG custom.....

I've never been into movie figures in any line, but I may grab some of these for parts.

I am getting most of these, I will figure what to do with them when I get them. Snakes, Storm power suit Scarlet, HD, and cover gil are must gets for me.

I dont mind Covergirl being blonde because she was blonde in the first joe mini series.

Ya, I don't see any more "Top 10 reasons the Joe movie is going to suck" threads. @smilepunch@

Mmmmm Hmmmm...We're 22 posts into a thread about the movie and no gripes about black Rip Cords or murdered childhoods. Interesting...

Mmmmm Hmmmm...We're 22 posts into a thread about the movie and no gripes about black Rip Cords or murdered childhoods. Interesting...

Why beat a dead horse? ;)

....Yet. Haters always hate just give it time. @smilepunch@

Yojoebro, this is off subject, but...where did you get that picture of Scarlett for your avatar? That's a great shot of her.