• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

G.I. Joe Retaliation "Ultimate" Wave 3.5 finally available for preorder on bbts

#101 User is offline   CaptainPowerWasher 

• Mouser
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

The one figure that really got my attention when the first 3.5 images started to surface a while back was Budo.He was one of my favorites as a kid and while i think they should have gone with the 80's color scheme,he still looks bad ass.He's the only figure i've gotten so far (still waiting for it).He's gonna clash like crazy when i display him next to my other Joes but i don't mind.He truly is an original fig!

#102 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

I love the vintage Budo... this one I hate with a passion @loll@
Draven

#103 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Budo is good. I BIT too much molded plastic on him. Take off his outermost vest thingie and I like it a lot better. Good, different figure!

#104 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Its great seeing ankle pivot on a GI Joe figure... This is the definitive version of CC for me...

#105 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

I know Dan wasn't a huge fan of the Fang Copter accessory in his review but I really like that, would be cool to have a bunch of them for the Cobra Troops.

#106 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Video Reviews and Images:

Ultimate Cobra Commander

Ultimate Storm Shadow

Data Viper

Budo

Ultimate Snake Eyes

#107 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Ultimate Roadblock review is up!

#108 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Quick question for those of us who've picked them up. How do the new Ultimate figures measure up against the 25th+ Joes size-wise? A bunch of the comparison pics I've seen make them look somewhat bigger.

#109 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Anyone in particular?

#110 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

More video reviews are up

Cobra Combat Ninja(Retaliation Cobra Trooper)

Crimson Guard

#111 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 15 October 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

Anyone in particular?

Mainly just Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

#112 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ultimate Flint review is up.

#113 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

View Postmako, on 15 October 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Anyone in particular?

They're pretty much all about a half head taller than their 25th predecessor. Do they still work with them? I think it depends on how you display them. If you're going to just stand them all up straight, standing on their stands in a long neat row, yeah, it might be noticeable, but still, it's not like every single character is the same height anyway. If you have them mixed around in a setting, or diorama, then they're not really as noticeable.. again, I think it's up to you.

To be honest, I personally feel that after RoC, they improved on their figure sculpts big time and it's almost a sin to display some of the 25th figures next to the newer PoC, 30th or even the Retaliation(and Ultimate) figures, lol.

#114 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 16 October 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Anyone in particular?

They're pretty much all about a half head taller than their 25th predecessor. Do they still work with them? I think it depends on how you display them. If you're going to just stand them all up straight, standing on their stands in a long neat row, yeah, it might be noticeable, but still, it's not like every single character is the same height anyway. If you have them mixed around in a setting, or diorama, then they're not really as noticeable.. again, I think it's up to you.

To be honest, I personally feel that after RoC, they improved on their figure sculpts big time and it's almost a sin to display some of the 25th figures next to the newer PoC, 30th or even the Retaliation(and Ultimate) figures, lol.

Oh well, guess I'll skip 'em then. I've already got great versions of all three, so if these "Ultimates" can't fill those spaces seamlessly, I can afford to take a pass.

BTW: When you say "all," does that include Kwinn to?

#115 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Video Reviews are up for:

Ultimate Duke

Kwinn

#116 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

View Postmako, on 16 October 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Anyone in particular?

Oh well, guess I'll skip 'em then. I've already got great versions of all three, so if these "Ultimates" can't fill those spaces seamlessly, I can afford to take a pass.

Kwinn doesn't seem as bad, but you owe it to yourself and all Joe fans and especially those on the Hasbro Joe team like Deryl Depriest that snuck in this jem of a figure into the movie line, no less. lol. I remember talking to him at Joecon and asked how it happened and he said that he knew the fans wanted him made, he wanted him made, so when it was time to submit the figures for the wave to be approved, he threw him in there, not knowing what to expect and sure enough, he was approved.

#117 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 17 October 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

View Postmako, on 16 October 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Anyone in particular?

Kwinn doesn't seem as bad, but you owe it to yourself and all Joe fans and especially those on the Hasbro Joe team like Deryl Depriest that snuck in this jem of a figure into the movie line, no less. lol. I remember talking to him at Joecon and asked how it happened and he said that he knew the fans wanted him made, he wanted him made, so when it was time to submit the figures for the wave to be approved, he threw him in there, not knowing what to expect and sure enough, he was approved.

Absolutely! I don't care if Kwinn is out of scale or not, he's a "must-buy" no matter what.

Thanks for the heads up.

#118 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

My only problem with Ultimate Cobra Commander is that his ankle articulation makes putting him on his or any other stand rather difficult. ><
Hey, does the beret from the wave 2 Flint fit on Ultimate Flint?

#119 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Yes that beret fits, I believe it may be the same head sculpt.

#120 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

head sculpt seemed a little different to me but it's cool it fits. thanks :D
Any pictures?

#121 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

OK, went to Kmart to try to pick up a treadripper that was there a week or more ago (I was wanting that Clutch head and clearence was on sale this weekend). Someone else got the treadripper and I figured I'd look down the action figure ailse when I came across part of wave 3.5. Picked up another Duke and Combat Ninja but left the rest. This Kmart had clearenced Joes out but the figures rang up at $10. They were in the middle of the toys section Christmas reset, so you might want to start checking Kmarts again.

#122 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

Yeah I just saw them at K-Mart yesterday. I have the whole wave but I grabbed up a couple because I figured I could help some people out with them sometime down the line. However, when I got to checkout it looked like a town that had been hit by a natural disaster with people standing in line to get bottled water. Three cashiers on hand, two of which looked completely confused, and everyone was standing motionless. It even had two or three crying kids thrown in for good measure. I put $40 worth of figures back on the shelf. And I'm a pretty patient guy.

But can it be true that K-Mart is actually showing up Target, Walmart, and TRU these days? GI Joe, SW Black Series, and the final DCUC wave (the one with New 52 Supes, Batman, Red Robin) are all there! Product that people WANT. Available to BUY. That's a new concept!

#123 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Any pictures?
Posted Image

#124 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 26 October 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Yeah I just saw them at K-Mart yesterday. I have the whole wave but I grabbed up a couple because I figured I could help some people out with them sometime down the line. However, when I got to checkout it looked like a town that had been hit by a natural disaster with people standing in line to get bottled water. Three cashiers on hand, two of which looked completely confused, and everyone was standing motionless. It even had two or three crying kids thrown in for good measure. I put $40 worth of figures back on the shelf. And I'm a pretty patient guy.

But can it be true that K-Mart is actually showing up Target, Walmart, and TRU these days? GI Joe, SW Black Series, and the final DCUC wave (the one with New 52 Supes, Batman, Red Robin) are all there! Product that people WANT. Available to BUY. That's a new concept!

that was the universe telling you.....enough.....haha, like so many Bartenders......"you've had too much bro"(usually means your bumming drinks time to go)....I need just one more fix man to make it all right....I need at least 2 more Combat Ninjas to make my little squad...did you happen to see any Night Vipers?? & what were the prices? still $10 or were they on sale?.....yup pretty sad when Kmarts are beating out the comp for best toy aisle....nothing against the blue light special, maybe I'll run by there this weekend....thanx YJB

#125 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostRecklessEndangerment, on 26 October 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Any pictures?
Posted Image

Looks good! Thanks for the photo :D
That's how he should've looked at some point in the movie XD
I know it's impractical to wear a beret in combat but Flint just doesn't seem like Flint to me without it. Plus, since when has GI Joe ever worried about being practical? :P

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us