Toy Fair 2009: G.I. Joe - The Rise Of Cobra 'The Pit'

The Wire

Hope the economy gets better before this pricey BEAST gets released? $100 for THIS? I'd think for that price they could have thrown in a plastic ping pong table instead of that paper cutout one seen there? @loll@

I dunno...I'm iffy on this thing, at least for the asking price anyway. Gets down around 35-40 bucks I'd reconsider it.

Hope the economy gets better before this pricey BEAST gets released? $100 for THIS? I'd think for that price they could have thrown in a plastic ping pong table instead of that paper cutout one seen there? @loll@

I dunno...I'm iffy on this thing, at least for the asking price anyway. Gets down around 35-40 bucks I'd reconsider it.

Ya, those paper cutout accessories are kind of lame. That may be the deal breaker for me. :(

If you guys think this is bad you should see Devastater from Revenge of the Fallen and it's $100 also

Ya, I've seen it. Doesn't even look like a Transformer IMO. It's cool...just not for TF.

If you guys think this is bad you should see Devastater from Revenge of the Fallen and it's $100 also

Ya, I've seen it. Doesn't even look like a Transformer IMO. It's cool...just not for TF.

Yep Micheal Bay and his designers love to destroy the origional looks in favor of making them monsters

I bet if it was done by another director we may have had Transformers that actually look like Transformers

I think I will pass on this. It's big but that is about all I feel like it has going for it.

The carboard stuff is kind of bland. Neat ideas but the carboard turns me off. I like the big bases to have things like seats, guns, computers and little interactive things like that. Basically something for my figures to do besides just walking around. The Crawler for the shuttle was really good at having a ton of things in and on it, even the Mobile Command Center. This just looks like it unfolds and sits there with not much to do. In vehicle mode it looks cool but I wish it had a giant cannon or something.

What is the deal with the two different Hawk figures? One comes with it but what about the other? All the single packs were shown but that Hawk was never shown as a single pack.

They put an extending ramp on the highest level???

Dear lord I really wanted to like this playset, but I can't. I think it looks pretty good closed up, and some of the little touches (ping pong table) are great. However the overall execution is weak.

I'll pick one up to support the line, but it may be only when it is on sale.

I'm just not feeling it. As others have stated, where are the computers? the chairs? Honestly the best thing i have seen where the little bunks and the lockers, i can recreate that myself. Sorry Hasbro, but i really think this was yours to mess up. We've stated we wanted things like small basses that attach together for years, this would have been a perfect time for that!

What is the deal with the two different Hawk figures? One comes with it but what about the other? All the single packs were shown but that Hawk was never shown as a single pack.

In the audio recording from the panel, I think they said this was the only way to get Hawk...by purchasing the Pit.

What?! I gotta buy that hunk-'o-junk to get the Hawk in the black jacket and beret?! NOOOO!!! Seriously, that sucks big time! I really wanted that Hawk! Well THAT really put a damper on my excitement...

Yep Micheal Bay and his designers love to destroy the origional looks in favor of making them monsters

I bet if it was done by another director we may have had Transformers that actually look like Transformers

See I like the Decepticons being made to look more organic-looking and monsterous, but that's neither here nor there really...

In the audio recording from the panel, I think they said this was the only way to get Hawk...by purchasing the Pit.

I would not mind having a movie Hawk. I was hoping there was a second one that we could get and not have to get the Pit. I guess that other one was just for show.

I would not mind having a movie Hawk. I was hoping there was a second one that we could get and not have to get the Pit. I guess that other one was just for show.

Doesn't the other fig have a vest? I'm thinking it and the unmasked stormshadow, and the HD in sigma suit are in wave 3.

See I like the Decepticons being made to look more organic-looking and monsterous, but that's just me. But that's neither here nor there...

Decepticons yes, autobots.... mmm not so much. But in a way it is related, transformers went darker, and to me Joe went even more kiddy, how does that make sense?

... I think they said this was the only way to get Hawk...by purchasing the Pit.

Oooh boy! I see the stores full of returned PITTs with the Hawks replaced with a Cobra Viper!

So far, there hasn't been a single movie item ...figure or vehicle... that has appealed to me.

I think I will pass on this. It's big but that is about all I feel like it has going for it.

The carboard stuff is kind of bland. Neat ideas but the carboard turns me off. I like the big bases to have things like seats, guns, computers and little interactive things like that. Basically something for my figures to do besides just walking around. The Crawler for the shuttle was really good at having a ton of things in and on it, even the Mobile Command Center. This just looks like it unfolds and sits there with not much to do. In vehicle mode it looks cool but I wish it had a giant cannon or something.

I was thinking this looked like a cross between the Mobile Commander Center and the Crawler....but n not as fun as either. I mean both of those made some sense. This thing? How are they supposed to, realsitically, get to that upper deck when its opened up? For one example. That thing in the middle looks like a "jail".

As for Hawk, I wouldn't be surprised if the only way to get him is to get this....thing.