NEW Wave 5 comic packs!

RedKat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i missed it.. but some guy has them, and he can't show them?? lol

whatever...

anyhow.. from what we see here, Nemesis Enforcer and Falcon suck. Nemesis looks sooo boring..

and thanks for the Duke sleeves AGAIN Hasbro... you are right, the TF Flint sleeves wouldn't have been a better choice.

Besides.. Iron Grenadier, Tripwire, and Falcon should have all been on single cards.

i missed it.. but some guy has them, and he can't show them?? lol

whatever...

I'm not even going to go there, other than to agree......WHATEVER! :rolleyes:

anyhow.. from what we see here, Nemesis Enforcer and Falcon suck. Nemesis looks sooo boring..

and thanks for the Duke sleeves AGAIN Hasbro... you are right, the TF Flint sleeves wouldn't have been a better choice.

GEEEEZUS! Hasn't Hasbro got the hint yet, that fans HATE the Duke sleeves? The crappy break in the mid forearm? The sheer ugliness and poor function of them.....YET? @grumpy@

Yeah, "Hasbro listens to the fans, if you critique and make suggestions politely".....my a$$!

I b@#ched & moaned LOUDLY enough, over a year ago, about the crappy arms and how they were used for FLINT, and all I heard was "they'll fix it later" and I predicted THEN that it would be for some repaint and not for the original. Was I right or was I right? Now I'm bustin' up 25th figures to make it right for MYSELF.

agaahhy0.gif

I should collect all my Dukie sleeves(as I like to call them) from my customs and save them up, then one year go to a convention and ask Hasbro if I can trade them in for some more figures, lol.. I'm sure by then I'll have a couple hundred seeing they want to keep on bringing them out.

I should collect all my Dukie sleeves(as I like to call them) from my customs and save them up, then one year go to a convention and ask Hasbro if I can trade them in for some more figures, lol.. I'm sure by then I'll have a couple hundred seeing they want to keep on bringing them out.

@loll@ Yeah, maybe we should ALL save'em up and give them to you (or take'em ourselves if we're going) and do just that. Hand them the big giant bag full, and say "HERE....take this pile of plastic and make something COOL with it this time!"

I got to say... I'm really liking this wave! Yeah the Duke arms on Falcon suck but I can fix that. NE looks a little off but its not too bad. LOVING that CC! Tripwire looks good (for it being yet ANOTHER repaint of the Flash body). I'll need to see more picks of the IG before I decide if I like it or not. Not sure how I feel about the reuse of the Battle Armor CC on this one. THe only real horrible one is the IG Destro. Pointless repaint. Over all it looks like a good wave with some great characters.

They all look good to me............I know the CC is just a re-paint but at least they gave him some accessories to look a little different. The IG Destro is the only one thats lame to me......the original version of that figure was perfect IMO. Tripwire looks good too.......but another re-paint of that same flash body.

So, now that we've ALL seen the images....

what's Hasbro wanting to keep a secret and reveal at the Con, again? @smilepunch@

Just a reason as to why some of this "hush hush..hidey hidey" sh@# cracks me up sometimes. ^_^

ANNNNNYWAY....

Destro sucks!

Falcon sucks!

Tripwire is Awesome (best in the batch)

IG is great!

Nemesis Enforcer looks ok!

Cobra Commander looks ok (I'm liking the sleeves instead of the big rubber haz mat gloves)

So I guess the Destro and Falcon figures are the only real losers here. Not bad!

Nemisis Enforcer (or Immortal as Hasbro now calls him) - good recreation of the character, never a personal favorite, but well done none the less.

Lt. Falcon - sigh, another Duke repaint - I could live with that after some arm surgery but what the heck happened to his face???? - I may change my mind about him once I see him in the ... um... plastic.

Destro - a horrible repaint I will have to live with to get some Iron Grenaders

Iron Grenaders - quite well done, especially considering that they are a repaint ofr the most part - probably will get multiples if I can find them

Cobra Commander - Has anyone noticed that the body arms and legs are a repaint of the Crimson Guard? He may actually be my favoruite CC of the line

Tripwire - admittedly another Flash repaint, but then Tripwire's chest armor has always been fairly similar to Flash's and the patches on the arms and legs don't look out of place at all. My favorite of the wave.

Also the accessories on these are incredibly faithful to the originals.

Overall a well done wave, with good characters and good sculpts (as long as we ignor Destro).

The Tripwire figure looks really good. The Falcon works fine. I can't really tell about the Iron Grenadier, I can hardly see him. The Destro is just odd IMO.

Cool figure though the current Comic pack wave is currently my favorite.

Again, I notice most everybody groaning over the falcon figure being yet ANOTHER Duke repaint (frankensteining of his body parts) which wouldn't be so bad if we didn't hate those FOREARMS and the articulation inhibiting sleeves, rolled up to the elbow joint, hence preventing practically ANY bend to'em, problem, yet Hasbro keeps a pumpin'em out for all the new figures whenever possible like they just don't care or give a damn. agrabsheadpi3.gif

Maybe it's time to whip up a petition or something?

dukearmsvr7.png

:D

I think Falcon's face looks good.

Draven

It's a little hard to tell I guess, but something about it is off. For starters, I ALWAYS prefer the flesh colored plastic for the head sculpts over painted (it puffs them up too much) and the scarf looks like another bad idea like what the dogtags were for Bludd.

falconue3.png

It may very well end up looking ok, but from the pic....not so good.

Draven

It's a little hard to tell I guess, but something about it is off. For starters, I ALWAYS prefer the flesh colored plastic for the head sculpts over painted (it puffs them up too much) and the scarf looks like another bad idea like what the dogtags were for Bludd.

falconue3.png

I don't think the scarf is a problem, and I don't even mind the arms that much (my suggestion to most people, immers them in hot water for 30 seconds, then pull the lower forearm slightly away from the upper arm and allow to cool, it adds space into the joint and allows a decent range of movement).

However, Falcon's head looks really, well, chunky. That might just be the angle of the photograph, but it just doesn't look like Falcon should, thinner and more angular. We'll have to see it first before I pass final judgement. Don't get me wrong, its still a decent figure, just not a great head sculpt.

Also, is it just me or does his backpack look like it opens?

Draven

falconue3.png

I don't think the scarf is a problem

It doesn't look like the kind of traditional "scarf" he would wear though. it's looks like a regualr scarf he's wearing to keep his neck warm.....it's choking him. <_<

and I don't even mind the arms that much (my suggestion to most people, immers them in hot water for 30 seconds, then pull the lower forearm slightly away from the upper arm and allow to cool, it adds space into the joint and allows a decent range of movement).

That may remedy a bit of the problem at the elbow, as far as range of motion, but that doesn't fix the crappy forearm break. These figures look a thousand times BETTER when the articulation point is at the wrist.

However, Falcon's head looks really, well, chunky. That might just be the angle of the photograph, but it just doesn't look like Falcon should, thinner and more angular. We'll have to see it first before I pass final judgement. Don't get me wrong, its still a decent figure, just not a great head sculpt.

That could be the painted flesh issue also. "chunky" is what it does to them.

Falcon has a square-jawed look that reminds me a lot of John Wayne in the movie 'The Green Berets'. In fact, I'd say it's not going too far to wonder if they were going for a younger Wayne when they made Falcon.

I mean, if you're sculpting the face of a Green Beret half-brother to a guy who calls himself 'Duke'... why not go for the tribute? I know I would. :)

I think Falcon traditionally had a bit more of a 'babyface', and this sculpt reminds me of the more 'rugged' looks of Hawk or Flint, so I'll agree that it isn't the Falcon we're used to... but I just can't get over how much it reminds me of John Wayne, and I love it for that, whether or not it's intentional.

Darn Duke arms strike again! I'm liking Tripwire and the IG.

I would have laughed if Falcon would have had a repainted Duke head with a beret and justified it by saying "well... they're half brothers". I probably wouldn't even buy this if I didn't have a lot of fond memories of the Lt. Falcon figure that I had as a kid. Naturally the Green Beret lead all of the backyard adventures! But the Nemesis Imortal is just plain silly.

The hot water tip really works! Thanks Darthhenning!

As for the other packs... I guess I'll hold off on getting the single pack Destro and just repaint this one. I'd get more, but I don't know what I would do with all of the extra Destros... as I'm sure that I won't be able to sell them on ebay.

The only pack that I will be happy to buy will be the CC/Tripwire.

Falcons beret is too big.