my toy room

gilderdave

Awesome set up and collection.

I am currently in the middle of completing the 1983 - 1986, myself.

I like the glass shelfs, keeps unwanted hands going in there.... he he hehe

awsome set up were did you get thouse display caese.

thanks! these are ikea "docent" shelves. i went back and forth for a few years before getting these. they are dark, but i wanted glass as these are staying up permanently and i don't want to dust. they were also the only ones deep enough although hq may have to be broken down a bit to fit. custom would have been too much $. i'm really pumped! it's the 1st time in years i've been able to enjoy them...

thanks! these are ikea "docent" shelves. i went back and forth for a few years before getting these. they are dark, but i wanted glass as these are staying up permanently and i don't want to dust. they were also the only ones deep enough although hq may have to be broken down a bit to fit. custom would have been too much $. i'm really pumped! it's the 1st time in years i've been able to enjoy them...

very cool man i have been looking for a couple yrs now to for a good display case. right now i have my father in laws witch i wont get rid of but its very small. yup its great to be able to enjoy them like that. agin great collection.

Do they still sell these, I love the look but hate the dark color though that could be fixed easly enough... Allso to try brighting them up you could put white paper up in the back or "brisstle board" cardboard type paper used for art and stuff up as well... its quite cheap to buy...

Love the looks of those shelfs though hmmm....

found it!

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...productId=52837

Yikes!!

$300 a pop!!

Love you're set up though man it was well worth it!!

Do they still sell these, I love the look but hate the dark color though that could be fixed easly enough... Allso to try brighting them up you could put white paper up in the back or "brisstle board" cardboard type paper used for art and stuff up as well... its quite cheap to buy...

yes they do. i know what you mean about the darkness, but i also like the 80's feel i think the darkness lends. but, yes, they do still sell them only in that color...

found it!

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...productId=52837

Yikes!!

$300 a pop!!

Love you're set up though man it was well worth it!!

that's 300 canadian, i believe. mine were cheaper... as for handles, i ordered little aluminum pulls because the long handles blocked too much.

there's one on in the big pic to the left, but the rest will arrive tomorrow...

how much are they u.s.?.. Maybe its worth a trip across... that is if you don't mind me asking thoug hsomething like that is easy enough to find out either way :D & sorry... by darkness I am just talking about the color of the wood... I do things likes that with my own book cases or out right paint them white as it helps the figures display better & easyer on photos ( not that you'res are ba d or anything heh!) :)

how much are they u.s.?.. Maybe its worth a trip across... that is if you don't mind me asking thoug hsomething like that is easy enough to find out either way :D & sorry... by darkness I am just talking about the color of the wood... I do things likes that with my own book cases or out right paint them white as it helps the figures display better & easyer on photos ( not that you'res are ba d or anything heh!) :)

no problem dude... there are pluses and minuses to everything... the wood look is warm, but you have to look for the figs sometimes... trade off...

Awesome set up Dave! Nice collection you've got there. I've purchased a couple cases from Ikea as well. I'm hoping to get mine up soon. Thanks for sharing your pics, keep us updated on your progress.