TNI Forums: Review: Clayface - TNI Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Clayface

#1 User is offline   TomE 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 326
  • Joined: 02-September 07

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:45 PM

Hi guys. Haven't posted much in the DC forums yet, but I just posted this review of DCSH Clayface.
http://toynewsi.com/...80&itemid=11993

Hope you like it! Let me know what you think.

#2 User is offline   Ryno 

  • Cardassian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 687
  • Joined: 16-August 06

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

Nice Review! I like the pics of Clayface carrying Batman off like nothing, haha. I have one and agree that the arms are so totally awesome.

#3 User is offline   Scott 

  • Imperial Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,151
  • Joined: 01-January 03

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:46 PM

Figure looks cool, to bad I'll never find one on the shelf :(

#4 User is offline   TomTom 

  • Cardassian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 665
  • Joined: 18-August 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:15 AM

gotta question, TomE. do you think the rubber in the arms is going to crack away, like mattel animated clayface?

#5 User is offline   janderson 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 304
  • Joined: 05-March 07

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:53 PM

Pity they couldn't do the legs with rubber liek the arms. The joints stand out too bad.

#6 User is offline   TomE 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 326
  • Joined: 02-September 07

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:47 PM

View PostTomTom, on Oct 13 2007, 11:15 AM, said:

gotta question, TomE. do you think the rubber in the arms is going to crack away, like mattel animated clayface?


I have no idea, because I never had that figure. Its a very rubbery substance though, so I imagine over time it could lose some of its elastic properties from loss of moisture, the addition of hand oils, and fatigue. The addition of heat could be particularly damaging (if it is a rubber like substance). What I'm really worried about is that the substance is very slightly sticky, as if it could retain on its surface any hand oils and dust, which could increase the likely hood of corrosion or chemical reactions on the surface which may make the rubber harder.

Hmm, maybe that's a good question for the ask Mattel thread. What are the Clayface arms made of, and will they harden or crack over time?

#7 User is offline   Ryno 

  • Cardassian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 687
  • Joined: 16-August 06

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

When I don't display my figures on the shelf I keep them individually in ziploc bags to decrease dust and keep them with any/all accessories. Well, yesterday with Clayface he stuck to the bag a little bit, I don't think it did any visible damage but I now that I won't be storing him in a plastic bag anymore. Probably needs to breathe too, the package had a hole in the right side so you can feel his rubbery hand.

#8 User is offline   annihilator 

  • Romulan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 721
  • Joined: 01-June 07

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

This figure reminds me of a Nestle Crunch gone bad !!! Joking aside, he looks truly nasty. He's one bad-looking t!#rd . .

#9 User is offline   Spengler 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 17-October 07

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:01 PM

View PostTomE, on Oct 12 2007, 09:45 PM, said:

Hi guys. Haven't posted much in the DC forums yet, but I just posted this review of DCSH Clayface.
http://toynewsi.com/...80&itemid=11993

Hope you like it! Let me know what you think.



Hi, I thought your toy review was good. I wanted to ask you though if you have the same problem I have. Since the brown on top is very thin the color has pulled off a little in the armpit area of his left arm. You can see the black rubber, and even though it's not huge you can definitly tell that if it keeps rubbing more will come off. Do you see this happening at all with your figure? I'm really worried about it continuing to pull off of the rest of the arms.

#10 User is offline   TomE 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 326
  • Joined: 02-September 07

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:31 AM

View PostSpengler, on Oct 18 2007, 02:01 PM, said:

View PostTomE, on Oct 12 2007, 09:45 PM, said:

Hi guys. Haven't posted much in the DC forums yet, but I just posted this review of DCSH Clayface.
http://toynewsi.com/...80&itemid=11993

Hope you like it! Let me know what you think.



Hi, I thought your toy review was good. I wanted to ask you though if you have the same problem I have. Since the brown on top is very thin the color has pulled off a little in the armpit area of his left arm. You can see the black rubber, and even though it's not huge you can definitly tell that if it keeps rubbing more will come off. Do you see this happening at all with your figure? I'm really worried about it continuing to pull off of the rest of the arms.


No, that's not happening on mine. I think I can see a little wear on the rubber, but its still brown. I've been trying not to work the arms too much myself, to keep the rubber clean, and hopefuly ductile.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us