• Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

G.I.Joe Joins Forces With EA

View the full article

#2 User is offline   nevermore 

• Flock Member

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

Yes! If they make a game you better be able to be a Joe or a Cobra!

#3 User is offline   lldjslim 

• Battle Droid

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

If the game is going to be based off the new G.I. Joe movie, then the game is going to be garbage.

Thats just the formula , a good movie = a crappy game and a not so good movie = a decent game

#4 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

this could be awesome news.. there used to be a GI Joe v Cobra mod out for the older Battlefield game for the PC, my buddy downloaded it but it barely worked, I think they only had a Hiss tank and a Rattler, lol...

I really REALLY hope they make some sort of game like this, it'd be perfect... please don't do some crappy story game and that's it, at least give us some sort of multiplayer with vehicles... I mean... it's GI freakin Joe... you gotta have vehicles in it!

#5 User is offline   SKYWARP 

• Decepticon Forever!

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:29 PM

I so hope they can do it justice. If they do it right it could be one of the best games ever, but if they do a movie based game then I'm not to sure. I just wish they could give us a 25th Anv. special edition game of some kind, now that would be sweet.

#6 User is offline   nevermore 

• Flock Member

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

I posted a while ago in thread about a hypothetical Joe game and said I'd like it to be like Counterstrike where you could be a Joe and try to prevent Cobra from destroying a target or Cobra and try to destroy it. But thats probably way more than they would actually do with it. Most likely you'll get to choose from Duke, Snake Eyes and Roadblock and you'll play the story game for the movie.

#7 User is offline   Admiral Hunter 

• REF Fleet Admiral

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:45 PM

You people aren't banking on the "G.I.Joe to last three movies"-game...?

-Kevin

#8 User is offline   Goldbug 

• Autobot

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on Feb 11 2008, 03:44 PM, said:

this could be awesome news.. there used to be a GI Joe v Cobra mod out for the older Battlefield game for the PC, my buddy downloaded it but it barely worked, I think they only had a Hiss tank and a Rattler, lol...

I really REALLY hope they make some sort of game like this, it'd be perfect... please don't do some crappy story game and that's it, at least give us some sort of multiplayer with vehicles... I mean... it's GI freakin Joe... you gotta have vehicles in it!

It was for Battlefield 1942. The team never finished the mod. Their main mistake I believe was using the images from the comics in their loading screens. Plus I think they used the theme music too. If they kept all that stuff out I bet Hasbro wouldn't have minded. Hasbro sent them a C&D order.
There were 2 different versions one had the Mauler in it plus some other vehicles. The other version had AWE strikers, FANGS, & Skyhawks mostly. There was a rumour going around that someone else cobbled together those 2 mods for a semi-finished version. I have never found that online.
The 2nd version worked rather well but having so few vehicles didn't make it much fun.
If it is a movie based game then I don't have high hopes for it. If it is based on the original 80's G.I. Joes then maybe it has a chance.

#9 User is offline   LoneRaver 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

The Joe Universe would work perfectly with EAs Fist Person Shooter Battlefield 2142. That would be the perfect game for GI JOE. BUT Iím sure it's going to be an Action/Adventure game based on the movie storyline.
So my guess is that it's going to suck and probably be release unfinished so they can meet the movie release date.
Unfortunately I know how EA operated based on my game development experience.

#10 User is offline   Dr. Strange Love 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

GI Joe + P.C. Battlefield 2 Modern Warfare = would be the best game ever. Big fan of both and would be a prefect match!
But I am just dreaming they would never do something as awesome as that.

#11 User is offline   kingmoredred 

• Cardassian

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

I hope they makeit a command and conqeur style game. I allways think of nod as cobra anyway.

#12 User is offline   lldjslim 

• Battle Droid

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

There really hasn't been that many GI joe video games.

The ones I remember playing as as kid was:

GI Joe - Commodore 64 by EPYX
GI Joe - Nintendo by Taxan
GI Joe: The Atlantis Factor - Nintendo by Capcom
GI Joe - Arcade by Konami

and the one for the Commodore 64 being the best out of all of them.

The rest of them were crap.

And just like this new GI Joe game if its a movie based game then just hang it up because all EA cares about is $$$$$$$$$$$$ so they will just rush the game out the door leaving it unfinished and full of glitches and bugs and hope to just cash in on the movie if it does do well on the big screen.

Suckers

#13 User is offline   Beach Head 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:29 AM

View PostDPrime, on Feb 12 2008, 11:25 PM, said:

I'm liking the cast a lot so far... minus Marlon Wayans of course, but what are you gonna do?

Ugghhh who is he going to play?

#14 User is offline   Beach Head 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:31 AM

I agree with some of the other posters. If EA can do a G.I.JOE game like Battlefield 2 it would be insane! Rattlers and Sky Strikers flying around in dog fights, H.I.S.S. Tanks, AWE Strikers, etc...

#15 User is offline   lldjslim 

• Battle Droid

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:07 PM

The new GI Joe game needs to look and play similer to Konami's Metal Gear Solid series.

Nuff said.

#16 User is offline   CrocMaster23 

• Battle Droid

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

A multiplayer shooter or strategy like game are the best choice for the Gi JOE brand... #tank#

#17 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:18 PM

This sounds like awesome news. Whatever it's based on i'm pretty sure i'll enjoy it. I enjoyed Superman Returns alright XD Either way, it's about time.
As for it bing a PC Battlefield game, OH DEAR GOD, I HOPE NOT! I actually want to be able to play it!!

#18 User is offline   cobrasaboteur 

• ________KID A________

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

here's some stuff to whet your appetite....

Posted Image

http://www.scotgilmo...dls/yojoe06.jpg

http://www.scotgilmo...dls/yojoe03.jpg

http://img474.images.../yojoev53gb.jpg

http://img474.images.../yojoev27kn.jpg

http://img370.images...3/yojoe23vw.jpg

http://img122.images...9/yojoe50rl.jpg

http://www.scotgilmore.com/rooster3d/mods/...rattlerWIP1.jpg

I just wish ea's would be half as good as some of this stuff.

-saboteur

#19 User is offline   Mekk Z 

• Cobra Warlord

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

View Postcobrasaboteur, on Mar 19 2008, 07:41 PM, said:

WHOA! Now those are some nice graphics. But if EA is going to make a G.I. Joe video game I'd prefer an RTS to just some run of the mill shooter.

#20 User is offline   Goldbug 

• Autobot

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:12 PM

View Postcobrasaboteur, on Mar 19 2008, 05:41 PM, said:

here's some stuff to whet your appetite....

I just wish ea's would be half as good as some of this stuff.

-saboteur

Wow! What game is that from? They got a few of the vehicles wrong. The Stinger needs missiles. Although it is a WIP the Rattler's engines seem to be a bit to high.

#21 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:06 AM

I want a action adventure/beat/shooter in 3rd person, like say Final Fight/Metal Gear combonation.
Draven

#22 User is offline   majik40 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:53 PM

View PostDraven79, on Mar 20 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

I want a action adventure/beat/shooter in 3rd person, like say Final Fight/Metal Gear combonation.
Draven

I agree with Draven on this.

I also think that it'll far more likely to see this kind of game as opposed to an RTS. While RTS games are great & would make an excellent way to experience the Joeverse, they are rather involved. An action/adventure game would more likely appeal to the casual gamer.

#23 User is offline   Kenx 

• Battle Droid

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

I hope they don't screw it up like they did BF2. that was a f##up mess. @optimus@ @poop#

#24 User is offline   DPrime 

• Happy to be back...

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

View Postmajik40, on Mar 20 2008, 10:53 AM, said:

View PostDraven79, on Mar 20 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

Draven

I agree with Draven on this.

I also think that it'll far more likely to see this kind of game as opposed to an RTS. While RTS games are great & would make an excellent way to experience the Joeverse, they are rather involved. An action/adventure game would more likely appeal to the casual gamer.

I'll third that. Although I would go further and say it needs to be a Final Fight/Metal Gear/Call of Duty type of game - you need to have the all out firefights like in the cartoon (maybe include an easter egg where you can switch all the gunfire to cartoon-type lasers!), it can't all be Snake Eyes-style.

The multiplayer option would have to rock - basically mirror the wars we all had as kids when we'd get a bunch of guys together and combine all our forces, tanks and jeeps and FANGs everywhere!

I think 3rd person is key as you'd want to see which "action figure" you're playing with, but even better would be the ability to toggle between third and first person views as preferred.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us