Really miffed with Playmates with the 09 Star Trek

jedimaster-c

Star Trek isn't seen as action (or at least it hasn't been in awhile) This movie was different, but a lot of folks still of the image of the more cerebral approach by Picard. Uniforms all so work against each figure having a unique look. I do think the poor articulation etc. didn't help, but I don't think it was everything.

Hey...I wonder if we'll see anything Star Trek-related out of Hasbro in February at Toy Fair? They did snag the license to produce toys, but they implied months ago that they were only producing Kre-O toys for Star Trek. I do hope they're also doing a 3-3/4" line. It's a personal dream of mine. (lol)

The 3&3/4 inch figures were horrible!!! Awful articulation and downright crappy likenesses!!! If Hasbro did get the license, I hope they give it a go!!! Star Wars Star Trek crossover, here we come!!!

Trust me, I have that dream too. But when Hasbro comes out and says that they aren't interested in a 4" line becuase ST in that scale basically doesn't sell, well I'm not gonna get my hopes up. But there is always the chance that Hasbro has been secretly doing it to announce at TF in Febuary.

"Hasbro will also offer robust line of roleplay toys for kids and fans to act out the intergalactic saga as well as select new figures"

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=18294

The Select Figures may just be referring to Kre-O...but it seems more like they are planning a small line of action figures (of some sort).

I wouldn't get your hopes up for any kind of Star Trek figures that a collector would be that interested in beyond perhaps the Kre-O. When I pressed Hasbro folk about this last year at Toy Fair they were somewhat evasive about it but basically said they weren't going to be doing any kind of standard toyline or figures collectors would like. I took that to mean we will probably see other than Kre-O maybe some kid friendly stuff like we see for Avengers. Maybe some non-articulated electronic figures or something along the lines of Galactic Heroes for younger children, though a movie titled "Into Darkness" doesn't really lend itself to appeal to young kids. They do have the license for all Star Trek so its always slightly possible they were being misleading or things could change, but especially if you look at the pattern Hasbro has been trending towards these days with other lines I really wouldn't hold my breath on that.