Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Classics Goldbug Custom by Blayne

#1 User is offline   Blayne 

• Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Here's a custom figure I created for myself recently - made from a resculpted TRANSFORMERS Classics (Hasbro) Bumblebee + the Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Custom Kit (head + guns).

Posted ImagePosted Image

I used Aves apoxie sculpt to redo the bumper, headlights (Q.C issue on the original - jagged edge/misaligned), roof and back half to remove the spoiler and chest tech. Also added magnets in place of the rotating screw-peg on each forearm. Added styrene piece on the front of his thighs + aves resculpt to help differentiate him further from the stock Bumblebee mold. I replaced the wheels using WFC Optimus wheels (reattached with cold-heat soldering tool + resculpted hubcaps). Windshield (inside and out) was overlaid with a piece of thin styrene, cut from a pattern created using masking tape. The original windshield's surface suffered a mishap (FYI: Krylon black paint + Mr. Sprays sealant react very badly!), so this was the only real solution without scraping a 99% complete figure. The end result turned out really well despite this setback.

The original figure was disassembled and painted with Testor Gold spray. The rest was brush work using Mr. Hobby lacquer paint (thinned with leveling thinner) for the blues, blacks, and silvers . Sealed with Mr. Spray Gloss Super Clear UV cut sealant. Large/very flat metallic autobot sticker came from a KO Takara sticker sheet I recieved from (the now defunct) KOTOYS.com site years back. They're very thin, and have less edge height vs. some Reprolabel metallic stickers.

For more of my work, feel free to visit my site:
http://blayne.dark-w...aynescustomsv2/

For a quick glance at what I've posted to FigureRealm over the years: http://www.figurerea...hp?op=4&id=4073

Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-09.jpg (198.99K)
Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-10.jpg (188.39K)
Number of downloads: 2Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-car-composit1.jpg (283.42K)
Number of downloads: 3Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-car-composit2.jpg (306.5K)
Number of downloads: 3Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-car-06.jpg (171.06K)
Number of downloads: 3

Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-02.jpg (231.66K)
Number of downloads: 3Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-03.jpg (177.62K)
Number of downloads: 3Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-04.jpg (219.8K)
Number of downloads: 2Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-05.jpg (194.11K)
Number of downloads: 2Attached File  transformers-goldbug-custom-06a.jpg (163.43K)
Number of downloads: 2

#2 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

NICE!!

#3 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Scarlet
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

I love the smooth paint, I still cant believe how chunky and clunky that mold is, some of those side pics look like those old characters you pulled back and they popped up and transformed and stood up, lol.. not your fault.. sorry.. still love this. Awesome job!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us