MMS DX 01 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The Joker collectible figure

JayC

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might get beaten up for saying this, but they couldn't throw a bazooka in? And the eye thing sounds cool too but I don't want my Joker to have cross eyes or anything.

Concerns aside, this is probably going to be the best Joker ever.

About Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS)

PERS is a brand new technique applies to Hot Toys MMSDX figurines, special features include:

- Unique designed eyeballs with colored Translucent Iris

- Simultaneous Positionable Eyeball Function

- Work in all direction, as natural as human eyes

Amazing, what they can do with toys today. I just Pre ordered mine from BBTS. Thanks for the heads up JayC

About Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS)

PERS is a brand new technique applies to Hot Toys MMSDX figurines, special features include:

- Unique designed eyeballs with colored Translucent Iris

- Simultaneous Positionable Eyeball Function

- Work in all direction, as natural as human eyes

Amazing, what they can do with toys today. I just Pre ordered mine from BBTS. Thanks for the heads up JayC

Good call with BBTS. I just preordered there too.

OMG OMG OMG OK OK, relaxe Queen just breath...............................ok guys, will some one please tell me more about this eye thing! just what is it & what can the Joker's eyes do???

Oh yeah & thanks for letting me know BBTS is taking pre-orders. So ezcuse while I pop over & pre-order mine BRB!

ok I'm back! well what do ya know, this Joker is the same Joker as the Police Joker that I already pre ordered about a month ago. So dude is gonna come with two outfits & his eyeball are gonna be able to roll in his head............ok ok souds great! I'm even more glade I'm getting one. but what I want to know is just how will the eyes be manipulated??? like if you turn the head will the eyes remain fixed looking at one spot? or is there some kind of mini puppet button to push to move them around? & exactly just how many directions can they move? up/down, side to side, & all around?

still so much to learn about this gem of a toy!!

Edited by SUPREMEQUEEN

Preordered this...my first hot toys...u can't beat $150 for two masterpieces...does anyone else think they took the first joker head and repainted it, cut the eyes out and made up this awesome eye system and it gave it a better likeness?...I'm just psyched bc u get two figures...I just need to eBay a hottoya body and maybe the machine gun...possibly the BRJ head if the price goes down...

At supreme...the eyes probably move by hand, just moving them slightly with ur fingers...can't imagine much science going into this...and the eyes can move anyway 360 I think...so if u want a undertaker joker roll the eyes back...

ok..............now I'm confused again!! MMM what makes you think this is TWO figs??? can u please post a link too BBTS pre order that can maby shed more light on this confusing subject.

are we talking about one or two Hot Toy Joker Figs???????? I'm gonna PM Jay & see if he can step back in & let us know EXACTLY what the deal is.

It's one figure. Here are some more details from Hot Toys:

The 1/6 world is changing...A New Generation Begins... - In the year of 2009, Hot Toys continues to deliver more superior 1/6 collectibles to you via our new MMSDX series. Unveiled in our last newsletter, the first one will be a new version of The Joker. Today, we have NO teaser anymore! You may check out the SHOCKING prototype images and experience the new generation of 1/6 collectibles right now.

This Police Honor Guard Joker costumes in Gotham City police suit and hat, wearing Gotham City cop badge and holding a M1 Garand Rifle. Moreover, this figure also comes with an interchangeable new make-up headsculpt and an improved original Joker costume with grenades rig. The intensive improvements include: additional suspenders, shirt and jackets in fitter cutting, screen-accurate material of purple coat, re-painted shoes, and more......

No surprise? Now hold your breathe and read this very carefully! The most valuable gimmick of the MMSDX series is our newly invented technique – Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS), which features Translucent Iris, Simultaneous Positionable Eyeball Function in all direction, work naturally like human eyes. With this PERS, you will experience a perfect living 1/6 figure which you have never had! Take a closer look on the prototype images, you can clearly define his black pupil, clear iris and blood vessels on the tiny white eyeballs!

Can you imagine the difficulties to develop an adjustable eyeball system with glasslike assembly inside a 4cm figure head AND to operate in coordination? With years of great effort putting in our R and D, an integration of esthetics and technology are now presenting in front of you via this PERS! We aim to tell the world this is NOT just a toy! And we always think you deserve to have better one......

Even more good news! A high-end figure stand with LED light-up function as well as a deluxe packaging will be added for all MMSDX collectors.

Thanks Jay!! that just about answered all my questions except exactly HOW the eyes will be moved. there's no way in hell I'm gonna use my fingers! A 1:6 head is small enough & the eyes are even smaller. If I were to use my finger nail (& let's face it man hands are big as hell so u'd have to use ur finger nail or some other sharp pointed object), but if I were to use my nail the paint app will eventualy get scratched. I mean there the ones that's talkin about how highly detailed the eyes are, which means that they will be that much more easy to damage with heavy handed tactics.

i cant believe they raised the price, its still very worth it, i got in early luckily, with shipping it was like $160 about...after seeing all 27 pictures im so excited for this one....loved the cop joker and didnt get enough in TDK so having it in my room or on my desk for forever will be awesome...and having a regular improved full purple suit and a BRJ head wih different paint is sick....i like the picture of the cop joker with no hat....looks so great....i dont mind not having a nurse joker bc the internet packages are so great and its only a quick wardrobe change....you would probably get more laughs and comments out of a nurse version...the realistic wig would look awesome....so june or july most likely?

DITTO! I'm still stuck at work ( a luxury i'll never complain about again), but as soon as I get home I'm gonna make a Bee line to my room mate's big ass Hi Def computer monitor. MAN-O-MAN I CANT WAIT to get a full look at this thing!!! all I can realy see on my PDA are small thumb nail pics.

I kinda had a feeling BBTS was gonna jack up the price on this one. The detail work makes even the most sceptical mouth water with antisipation.

I will have this I tell you! sure as my name is SUPREMEQUEEN I will have it.....................& nothing & no one will stand in my way.

this makes buying a BRJ head a good deal because i can change in and out for the mob meeting head...i think the heads are coming down too...i would pay $45 after shipping for the BRJ head...the suspenders are a nice addition and the colorful socks is great...always wanted that hot toys knife, the gun for the DCD was good but the hot toys probably sick...the inside jacket looks improved but the shirt looks more grey in the picture instead of blueish...i think it looks better....i just cant wait for this...after all these ridiculous joker hot toys they still make me shite my pants over new releases....love it...

Jeez, I'm gonna have to invest in my first Hot Toys figure. :\

Can I expect this to be in the same price range as the other Hot Toys figs? :(

Yes most likey.. 150 to 200 unless you go e bay then expect to pay more.

Jeez, I'm gonna have to invest in my first Hot Toys figure. :\

Can I expect this to be in the same price range as the other Hot Toys figs? :(

Yes most likey.. 150 to 200 unless you go e bay then expect to pay more.

well the price has already been jacked up too $175.00 from $149.99 So don't dally another second cause I gotta feeling they might jack it up again as the demand starts to explode for this.

Like i said i love it but i can't afford it but truthfully even if i could afford it i am not paying that damn much for a plastic figure. maybe 50 or 60 but that is just what i think there worth. really honestly no more than 40

Like i said i love it but i can't afford it but truthfully even if i could afford it i am not paying that damn much for a plastic figure. maybe 50 or 60 but that is just what i think there worth. really honestly no more than 40

you honestly think this toy is worth no more than $40 bucks :huh: Man you can't be serious.