• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bebop & Rocksteady!!!...

#76 User is offline   Snarfer00 

• Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

If you watch the Bebop & Rocksteady review video by Pixel Dan, you will notice that he keeps emphasizing that B&R are "inspired" and not meant to be faithful to the show. According to Playmates, weren't all 4 turtles meant to be "inspired" or "remixed" (a blend of the original toy line and the cartoon)? I mean, they aren't even the same color.

Also, is anyone else expecting Bebop and Rocksteady to be overpriced (e.g. $29) at retail or ebay despite the suggested MSRP?

#77 User is offline   Snarfer00 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostFUGAYZIE, on 25 July 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

my tru just restocked the classic turtles again.

not to bash on playmates, but neca's work was just so good, i really wish they would have finished out the Mirage comic line and been given the go-ahead on the movie and toon lines too :(

I kind of wished that NECA settled upon a more conventional look for the TMNT (comic book or not), rather than the quasi-bobble head renditions that were sold.

#78 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostSnarfer00, on 27 September 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 21 September 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Damn... No ankle joints is a deal breaker for me...

Ankle joints are horrible, they hinder stability, My classic collection Mike won't even stay connected to his feet ( I now have to glue them in...sad)

I don't have to resort to glue, but I agree the Turtles often have a tendency to fall over even on the stands cause of their ankles. Still for everyone who says they are passing on these I think there are two people who will snap these up in a heart beat so I personally don't think these things are going to sit on toy shelves much.

#79 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

I have enough nostalgic affinity for the old Bebeop & Rocksteady toys that their less than animated inspired designs don't make them a deal breaker for me.

Now Shredder. That's one that absolutely must be animated inspired instead of using the old, doofy toy design. Seeing that thing on the pegs again reminds me of why I always wanted the Super Shredder when he came out.

#80 User is offline   redrum2581 

• Meister

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostMonkey_Shuttle, on 29 September 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

I have enough nostalgic affinity for the old Bebeop & Rocksteady toys that their less than animated inspired designs don't make them a deal breaker for me.

Now Shredder. That's one that absolutely must be animated inspired instead of using the old, doofy toy design. Seeing that thing on the pegs again reminds me of why I always wanted the Super Shredder when he came out.

yeah no one wants the hunchback of tmnt, so him and splinter and april and casey need to be more cartoon inspired than toy inspired

#81 User is offline   Snarfer00 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

View Postredrum2581, on 30 September 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

yeah no one wants the hunchback of tmnt, so him and splinter and april and casey need to be more cartoon inspired than toy inspired

There were quite a few figures from the old line that left me scratching my head [e.g Shredder, Napolean Bonafrog (more toad than frog in the toys), Leatherhead]

I would love to see this line be extended and hopefully they can introduce characters that were never released in toy form (e.g Granitor, Rasputin the Mad Frog, Attila the Frog)

Having a set of the Neutrinos (Zak, Kala, Dask), and the 4 frogs would be a dream.

Realistically speaking, Playmates is probably going to follow the release schedule of the original line. Therefore, Shredder, Splinter, Casey, April, and the Foot) can be expected. Perhaps, if we are lucky they could make a classic collection Baxter and Krang, as well.

I hope the movie turtles are released alongside Tokka, Rahzar, and S. Shredder.

This line is already performing a ton better than Bandai's Thundercats

#82 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostSnarfer00, on 30 September 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

View Postredrum2581, on 30 September 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

There were quite a few figures from the old line that left me scratching my head [e.g Shredder, Napolean Bonafrog (more toad than frog in the toys), Leatherhead]

I would love to see this line be extended and hopefully they can introduce characters that were never released in toy form (e.g Granitor, Rasputin the Mad Frog, Attila the Frog)

Having a set of the Neutrinos (Zak, Kala, Dask), and the 4 frogs would be a dream.

Realistically speaking, Playmates is probably going to follow the release schedule of the original line. Therefore, Shredder, Splinter, Casey, April, and the Foot) can be expected. Perhaps, if we are lucky they could make a classic collection Baxter and Krang, as well.

I hope the movie turtles are released alongside Tokka, Rahzar, and S. Shredder.

This line is already performing a ton better than Bandai's Thundercats

Being that we only get 2-4 figures from this line a year I would not hold my breath on new characters or much deviation from the mainstream line of characters any time soon.

#83 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

I tend to agree with Jay. I am just hoping that we get Casey and Shredder next.
Draven

#84 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostDraven79, on 04 October 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Draven

2nd that.....just no April O'Neil.....I would rather get a Shredder before Splinter or Casey before April.....if that should even happen.....they should of did a BAF Krang for all the figs that woulda been awesooome

#85 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Playmates have all but said Splinter and Shredder would be coming after the movie turtles. I think the only thing that would prevent those from being released is if The Bebop and Movie Turtle waves didn't sell well. I feel pretty confidant the Bebop wave will sell fine, and hopeful the movie turtles do well.

#86 User is offline   Snarfer00 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 04 October 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Draven

2nd that.....just no April O'Neil.....I would rather get a Shredder before Splinter or Casey before April.....if that should even happen.....they should of did a BAF Krang for all the figs that woulda been awesooome

I agree... not because April O' Neil is a bad choice, but because I have a feeling that they will end up making her funny or weird looking. It's really hard to mess up Casey or Shredder, especially if you stick to the source materials. Splinter, on the other hand, might take some work.

#87 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

JayC said:

1380948397[/url]' post='16802035']
Playmates have all but said Splinter and Shredder would be coming after the movie turtles. I think the only thing that would prevent those from being released is if The Bebop and Movie Turtle waves didn't sell well. I feel pretty confidant the Bebop wave will sell fine, and hopeful the movie turtles do well.

I hope you are right. Splinter and Shredder are at the top of my list. Anybody after that is gravy

#88 User is offline   redrum2581 

• Meister

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostSnarfer00, on 05 October 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

View PostGuitarDevil, on 04 October 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Draven

I agree... not because April O' Neil is a bad choice, but because I have a feeling that they will end up making her funny or weird looking. It's really hard to mess up Casey or Shredder, especially if you stick to the source materials. Splinter, on the other hand, might take some work.

i don't think splinter should take any work if he comes out as good as beebob and rocksteady than I would have no complaints and if we got a Tokka & Rahzar for the movie turtles I'd be alright with that, looking at the movie proto figures, i'm a little disappointed that they're not that rubber look and feel which made them so cool in the 90's and different from the cartoon figs

#89 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

If I don't get a Krang, I will be a sad panda.

Nothing against the movie turtles, but I can't help but feel like they're a waste of resources since there's already a laundry list of must have figures that their release has essentially delayed or prevented altogether.

#90 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hopefully Shredder and Casey can share some buck pieces for we can get them both sooner.
Draven

#91 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Any update on when Bebop and Rocksteady will be available?

#92 User is offline   redrum2581 

• Meister

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

View Postjahue, on 07 October 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Any update on when Bebop and Rocksteady will be available?

yup this, where the info, i don't want to miss them while i'm at ntc

#93 User is offline   Kill Solo 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Anybody catch Rocksteady and Bebop on the Playmates Toys shop website?

#94 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostKill Solo, on 14 November 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

nope...news to most that Playmates even has an online shop...

#95 User is offline   Kill Solo 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Whelp I got a shipping notice for Rocksteady and Bebop!

#96 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 15 November 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

hell its news to Playmates.com....I haven't seen these at TRU yet but I hope they don't sell out too quick...I kinda find it a joke that TRU has the exclusivity for these figs seeing as how they can't even stock new Joes or Marvel Legends ect ect (I used to work for them I should know). I've even asked around & the "associates" seem confused....it starts out... "can I help you sir"....I reply "are you sure you want to?"......w/a confused un-amused look they ask what it is I'm looking for and it turns into a tired 10 mins of half speak half charades explanation of what exact droids I'm looking for and how they keep escaping my evil empire.....I went to 3 TRU's and no dice yet...

#97 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 17 November 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

View Postfeatofstrength, on 15 November 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

hell its news to Playmates.com....I haven't seen these at TRU yet but I hope they don't sell out too quick...I kinda find it a joke that TRU has the exclusivity for these figs seeing as how they can't even stock new Joes or Marvel Legends ect ect (I used to work for them I should know). I've even asked around & the "associates" seem confused....it starts out... "can I help you sir"....I reply "are you sure you want to?"......w/a confused un-amused look they ask what it is I'm looking for and it turns into a tired 10 mins of half speak half charades explanation of what exact droids I'm looking for and how they keep escaping my evil empire.....I went to 3 TRU's and no dice yet...

lol so true. they are out now got mine today with the Friday shipment at TRU.

#98 User is offline   Monkey_Shuttle 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yep, I got mine at TRU today as well.

#99 User is online   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Finaly they hit the stores

#100 User is offline   gruntcast 

• Decepticon Seeker

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Very nice Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us