Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line

JayC

That's what i did with my lukes. No need to buy another pilot Luke because the head looks ok under the pilot helmet. I still have yet to see a stormtrooper in the wild :(

Draven

I still have yet to see a stormtrooper in the wild :(

Draven

We still have Wave 1's at our TRU's & Wave 2 Leia's still at the Targets here.....I've only ever seen that 1x Obi-Wan at the midtown Target once & that was it.....that place is still swimming in Greedos & Leias.....I have a new phone & downloaded an App that keeps an price-watch on Amazon for stuff....I put my high/low option on & didn't give it much thought.....of course it notified me at awkward times when I'm at work or out living life in general but finally it paid off last week I bought 2 cause that's all it would allow me to purchase, the price was $23 for each ( I could barely afford those as money is tight right now.) I have the Prime Shipping thanks to my sister-in-law for now it expires in July but on Saturday they delivered my Stormtroopers....I know they are planning revision waves w/extra Boba's & ST's as well but they need to get that moving cause I would like to purchase a few more but I can't buy what they don't have.....@stormtrooper@ @stormtrooper@

The Yoda I can't wait to spend $20 on is finally shown!

http://jediinsider.c...=8&itemid=15375

Him, R2, and maybe one Ewok. Those are all of the small dudes Hasbro is conning me into paying that much for. At least he's a good ESB looking version (I'll keep that lightsaber in the package).

I do appreciate how he comes with that snake, just like the one I had as a kid.

I'm not as sucker for nostalgia, but that is a nice little shout-out to the old school fans.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I sold out of all but one Boba Fett and one Cone Trooper from Wave 4 when I posted them on Ebay for Pre-Sale. Obi-Wan seemed to be the redheaded stepchild of Wave 3. Anakin's the Redhead of Wave 4 Gonna be sitting on three of them. Wave 2.......I think it was a throw down between Slave Leia and Greedo. I don't think that the Biker Scout or Jabba will be shelf warmers. They seem popular enough to sell through.

The Yoda looks completely awesome though. Even though it's got soft clothing, I think it'll turn out real well. I'm getting one of the 3.75" figures for myself when the cases come in from my distributor, but definitely want to get the 6" one for my personal collection as well.

I did get the X-Wing Pilot Luke Skywalker 6", which my son immediately stole for his collection. Ordered myself a Bespin Luke 6" and an Obi-Wan ROTS 6" to go with my Anakin 6" to form the beginnings of my BS collection. Really looking forward to getting all these figures as time goes on.

Got Obi-Wan 6" BS today. A bit underwhelmed by his face and pose-ability. No major paint app problems, but that's mainly because he's a plain figure as it is. I can see why he was a peg warmer in a lot of ways. Not too good of a facial sculpt, kind of a generic bearded guy that sort of resembles the prequel ROTS Obi-Wan. I've read in other reviews about the problems holding his lightsaber. Have to agree. Had to heat the hand a bit to get him to hold the lightsaber correctly. Not too concerned as he was for my personal collection and not for sale. He'll look cool with Bespin Luke and Wave 4 Anakin.

• 2 weeks later...

These are gonna be awesome.

I also got the news from my Rep at my distributor that the Jabba and Scouts on Speeder Bikes should be available for Pre-Order before the end of the year. They're rumored to be two speeder bikes w/scouts and one jabba per case. Also rumored to be around $39.99 apiece. I upped what I wanted for my order to 6 cases, never done that before I started selling. Want a ton of them for pre-orders and in stock so I can pay for a case each for me and my son's collections. *laugh*

Also am getting more impressed with the details as I see each of these new ones pictured in hand. Really impressed with the Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers so far.

Looking forward to seeing the rest in person when I get them in.

I think the eyes are really bringing down the human characters in this line. Take a look at a MOTU Classics figure and how much care and thought is put into the way their eyes are painted, it brings those figures to life. Hasbro, on the other hand, is just sticking some black dots inside a poorly defined white background and calling them eyes. They look so dull and lifeless, more akin to a mannequin.

It's cool that they're doing boxed items now, but this seems a bit redundant. Neither Han nor Greedo have been very hard to come by in these parts. I fear this is going to warm shelves. Too bad it doesn't include the table and chairs as legit accessories. You pretty much have to leave this boxed for it to work.

Individual 6" The Black Series Figure Orders To Be Offered To Retailers

6" The Black Series 2014 Packaging Revealed

Ugh, I was hoping the Vader would be fixed before production, but, it still looks like the 'skirt' is coming out of the crotch/codpiece, instead of the belt. @hmmm@

• 2 weeks later...

Got me my second Stormtrooper thanks to Guitardevil! This will do it for me for Stormtroopers until the inevitable Han and Luke STs come out. That will make it four which is a good number for me. I hope they don't cop out and sculpt a smaller ST Luke.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...