Disney Confirms Stand-Alone Star Wars Movies

yojoebro82

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be its own topic but in an effort to NOT get out of control with all the rummors that will be coming from now until forever, I'll keep it here.

YODA SPIN OFF

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=243&itemid=14514

UGH!!!

I bet all the kids will be lining up for that one while I die a little inside

This could be its own topic but in an effort to NOT get out of control with all the rummors that will be coming from now until forever, I'll keep it here.

YODA SPIN OFF

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=243&itemid=14514

UGH!!!

The story also reminded me of this:

Captain America Director Wants To Make A Boba Fett Movie

Jeremy Bulloch Talks Boba Fett: The Movie!

cmon, Star Wars hardcore fans...when is enough going to be enough? This is beyond excessive geekdom.

LOL, I have no desire for any spin off movies, but you gotta admit this is getting comical. You just have to laugh.

I've talked about my contempt for Boba Fett before. This guy is a COSTUME. That's it. The other bounty hunters are nothing but set decorations and the only reason Fett is one step up from them is because he got to say a few sentences of dialogue. THIS IS THE GUY PEOPLE WANT A WHOLE MOVIE ABOUT!!!!??? (No offence Joe Rhyno :) ). You have Hollywood directors ready to do a 2 hour film for him! Extraordinary!!!!

I can understand having an episode VII and another set of 3 movies. Whether you like it or not, this franchise is a money maker and having whoever owns it lay it to rest forever is just unrealistic. But this spin off stuff......They're not even trying to hide the fact that it's all about the money.

Since that is the case, go for broke. Let's get a Wedge and Rogue Squad movie...A Top Gun in space! A bromance staring Walrus Man and Dr. Evzan! Or a quirky space gangser movie staring Biba Fortune and two wacky Gamorrean Guards! Endless possibilities, Disney. And of course, endless CASH!

Meh...I love me some Star Wars, but spin-off movies?? That's a bit much IMO. I have a bad feeling about this... (lol)

I don't know, maybe some stand-alone Old Republic films would be cool or something like that. Some stand-alone films showcasing new and unique main charaters would be alright with me. I just don't think movies with known characters would work outside of the episodes.

If you've read the Rogue's Squardon books and comics, then HELL YES, GIVE ME A MOVIE. If you haven't, then I guess you won't get it.

Try to play it down all you like, but Boba Fett isn't just a costume anymore. Yeah, 1990, he was, but it's not 1990 anymore. There's a whole backstory in the comics, in the books, there's a bunch of non-canon books on what happens afterwards and like it or not, he's got a fan following. Heck, he was a big draw before the prequels and adding the whole Jango clone element made it even bigger.

They're not going to make all the fans happy with their decisions, but to be honest, a lof of the big fans have been crapping all over Star Wars since the prequels, so I don't blame them if they don't pay too much attention to them. It's like the Michael Bay Transformers trilogy all over again. All the complaining and they still made close to 3 billion dollars worldwide.

If you honestly feel it's going to be a bad idea, then speak with your wallet and don't go and see it. Plain and simple.

See, that's where I disagree with you. People have their own opinion on what's good and what's not and where you have to learn to respect their opinion. Just because they have a different one than you, doesn't mean you have to "talk sense into them"... ;)

uh... I guess I am in the minority here.. I think more Star Wars movies would be AWESOME!

Yoda is like 900 years old.. so there is plenty of room to have a Yoda movie that wouldn't effect the originals

But there are other characters I would like to see more..

Boba Fett - mostly because we don't know jack about him and they could do alot with his bounty hunter past..

Obi-Wan - with Ewan McGreggor... I just loved his portrayal of Obi. but it would be hard to do because it would have to fit between the movies they have already done, and that would involve alot of other characters.

Chewbacca - he was already like 200 when he first met Han.. they could do some stuff from his home planet or about when he was captured and made a slave... maybe some gladiator stuff lol

Other Jedi like Ki Adi Mundi, Kit Fisto, etc

Expanded Universe characters like Dash Rendar

See, that's where I disagree with you. People have their own opinion on what's good and what's not and where you have to learn to respect their opinion. Just because they have a different one than you, doesn't mean you have to "talk sense into them"... ;)

As long as there are "fans" out there that dispute other "fans" for being lesser "fans" for not buying into everything Star Wars...as long as there are posts "complaining about complaining"...as long as valid, negative criticisms go unacknowledged...the battle continues...

Boba Fett the movie? That's hope for an Ice Cream Maker Guy movie! (every #$### background character has some larger role to play in the Empire or Rebellion? WTF?)

seriously...a franchise that is ashamed of a time appropriate holiday special continues to barrage us with "stupid." Is it that they are afraid the Holiday Special wouldnt sell? How many millions of dollars in bootlegs have been sold since 1978?

Yes, it may be strange to view THS without knowing the context of the time, and having an appreciation for 70s variety shows...but outside of that it does no real damage to any of the characters or the overall arch of Star Wars.

Do "fans" need a disclaimer before the dvd to put it into context for you like they do with politically incorrect cartoons from the past?

The more I think about it, the more I warm up to the idea of my Walrus Man/Dr. Evzan bromance. You may call me silly and say it's an overly ridiculous reaction to spinoff movies. But I'll bet if I went back in time and talked to a movie goer after a viewing of ROTJ and told them, "Hey, you remember that guy that flew into the pit at the beginning and the pit burped afterwards? Someday, he's gonna get his own movie" they'd look at me like I'm ridiculous too.

@propeller@

Okay, I think I would like to see a movie about a young Han Solo...as long as he's not a little kid. Then it would suck. (lol) Wouldn't it be cool to see how he and Chewie met? Maybe they'll show his stint in the Imperial Navy.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an Obi-Wan story that takes places between Episodes III and IV. Ewan McGreggor is still fit to play the part. Heck...even if they waited ten years or so, he'd still be about the right age. I'm beginnig to warm up to this whole "spin-off movies" idea, if it's done right that is...

I DO NOT want to see a Han Solo movie. Han was not that old at the time of Ep.4 .. so it is impossible for them to do a "young" Han movie.

They would just have to chose an actor that would be close in age to Harrison Ford at the time the originals came out.. and he would NOT be able to be Harrison Ford.. so it would not be Han Solo.

big mistake making a Han Solo movie