• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2013 Figure Line 3 3/4" & 6"

#1 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Hasbro To Re-Issue Fan Favorite Vintage Collection Figures For Both U.S & International Markets

#2 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Well the "fan Favorite" lable is proven false by the inclusion of pegwarmer Bon Vimdin, who can be found on ebay for $3 MOC. But it's nice that they're giving us another shot. Many of those figures are really nice, more people should get a shot at them.

#3 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

just got a case in of the last wave of figures.

#4 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

I will never see these

#5 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

While I like the fact that I might be able to get a couple of figures I was wanting wihout having to pay extremely high prices, I do find it funny that Hasbro has always re-released SW figures that people want and had a hard time finding but can't do it with G.I.Joe or Marvel anything.

#6 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostGPM in ICT, on 11 December 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

While I like the fact that I might be able to get a couple of figures I was wanting wihout having to pay extremely high prices, I do find it funny that Hasbro has always re-released SW figures that people want and had a hard time finding but can't do it with G.I.Joe or Marvel anything.

Special treatment for Star Wars. That's always been the case.

Though they did give us seconds of the Terrax wave as well. GI Joe will never see the love SW gets.

#7 User is offline   hamsterboy 

• Princess Liea

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Geez,I just saw a couple of the Luke in Hoth Gear yesterday at Target.

#8 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Baxter Stockman

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

another chance to miss out on Bespin Han Solo for me?!

#9 User is offline   SnTrooper 

• The Last Original ADC Moderator

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

There is nothing "fan favorite" or "best of the best" about these. They are just over stock of waves 4 and 5 that never made it to stores because of wave 1. Instead of sending them to the discount stores like they have been doing (I'm guessing wave 2 and 3 got that) they are offering them to retailers. They may have already started shipping, with reports of wave 4 showing up in greater numbers lately.

Having said that this may also just be a way for Hasbro to keep the pegs full until they can actually ship a real "fan favorite" wave that they are working on. If they don't have anything to ship the stores will fill the pegs with something else and then when they offer them the "fan favorite" wave the stores won't have anywhere to put it so they won't order.

#10 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

I've seen a lot of these at Five Below for $5. The problem though is many of the main retailers, at least around me are still sitting on Episode I stuff so they aren't going to refill their shelves with anything else till they get rid of that stuff.

#11 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hasbro Announces Cancelation Of 2013 Droid Factory Line!!!

"...we have decided to rework our 3.75” figure program to create a line that is on-par with the quality and pricing of the Vintage Collection..."

So, $10 is now the standard @hmmm@

#12 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostBespin refugee, on 07 January 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Hasbro Announces Cancelation Of 2013 Droid Factory Line!!!

"...we have decided to rework our 3.75 figure program to create a line that is on-par with the quality and pricing of the Vintage Collection..."

So, $10 is now the standard @hmmm@

They were all $10 in my area anyway.

#13 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, I just recently noticed the vintage TPM figs and 'Movie Heroes'/TCW figs were both around $10 @ WM (waiting on reset/clearance sales, lol), wishfull thinking, I guess. It's like the frog in boiling water analogy, ease the price across all lines, see who notices @hmmm@

#14 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

I would probably complain about the price point if I bought more SW figures, but the truth is that I have about every character I want in the form of a really good figure already. There just isn't much that Hasbro could do to make many of the already produced figures any better. Most are pretty spot on as far as liknesses go and you really can't sqeeze that much more articulation in to many of the figure either. I've been disappointed that many of the Clone Wars figures have lost knee and elbow articulation (and hate how skinny the legs and arms have gotten) but I know these are more for younger kids and write it off as such.

#15 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostGPM in ICT, on 08 January 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

I would probably complain about the price point if I bought more SW figures, but the truth is that I have about every character I want in the form of a really good figure already. There just isn't much that Hasbro could do to make many of the already produced figures any better. Most are pretty spot on as far as liknesses go and you really can't sqeeze that much more articulation in to many of the figure either.

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm really all good as for as Star Wars goes. They could choose to make them $15 a pop and it really wouldn't matter to me.

#16 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

New Darth Vader Packaging Coming In 2013 - Yoda We Hardly Knew Ya

I just noticed the Yoda packaging on the Lego A-Wing last night. I guess it won't be long before you see Maul, Yoda, Vader, and the clonetrooper at the same time, lol.

#17 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

• Boba Fett

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

TRU looks like they are the only ones that are brave enough to get more vintage in. Target clearing out theirs and Walmart hasn't received anymore of the VTC figures. Yesterday I saw an unopened case of the Evazan wave that had the Gam Guard in it.

#18 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

WM done here started getting the re issues before Christmas. Still getting them. But Target clearanced them out.
Draven

#19 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Toy Fair 2013: 3.75" Inch Star Wars Black Series Action Figures

Toy Fair 2013: Saga Legends 3.75" Inch Action Figures

Toy Fair 2013: 3.75" Inch Mission Series Action Figures

No interest in the vintage/POTF2 articulation, but, I still want the 'arena/battle damage' Padme'

#20 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

I like how the 3.75" Vader is labeled as "Darth Vader with 2 hands."

This is opposed to all of the other Vader figures who only had one hand I guess? @lol@

#21 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

^I guess that should read 'interchangable hands, one w/ Han's blaster'? unless they've been making just 'Emperor's Wrath' Vader for the last few years? :P

#22 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I showed my son a pack at TRU that has the new articulated figures and vehicles, asked him what he thought, and he said he'd rather have the more articulated figures, but if they were figures he didn't have, he didn't care if they had more or less articulation. His example were some of the crappy older PoTF2 figs I gave him, he liked them, but when a new one came out, he wanted to replace it, lol. So I'm glad most the stuff coming out he has already, so I don't have to get him a downgraded "new" figure.

#23 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 11 February 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

I showed my son a pack at TRU that has the new articulated figures and vehicles, asked him what he thought, and he said he'd rather have the more articulated figures, but if they were figures he didn't have, he didn't care if they had more or less articulation. His example were some of the crappy older PoTF2 figs I gave him, he liked them, but when a new one came out, he wanted to replace it, lol. So I'm glad most the stuff coming out he has already, so I don't have to get him a downgraded "new" figure.

I been thinking a lot of selling of the modest amout of modern, articulated figures I have to clear out space and make some money toward the 6" stuff, and hang on to all of my "crappy" older POTF2 stuff. This is after me bashing Hasbro for dumbing down their 3 3/4" stuff....now it's the less articulated SW figures that I want to end up keeping? I guess memories of driving around to TRU with my new drivers license in my POS first car in search of every POTF2 figure trumps articulation. Really, when you get past the overly muscled first wave, they're not that bad.

#24 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

The only thing I will be interested is the new 6 inch figures otherwise it is the same crap we have been getting for years now

#25 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hasbro needs to get with the program and adopt the articulation style of their other 3 3/4 lines for Star Wars.

GiJoe and MU are so much better than Star Wars. I cringe everytime I see the t-crotch

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us