TNI Forums: Superman Man of Steel Movie Masters Repaint w/ Heat Vision Blast! - TNI Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Superman Man of Steel Movie Masters Repaint w/ Heat Vision Blast! Fully classic styled repaint with kryptonite rocks and heat vision!

#1 User is offline   MintCondition 

• Mouser
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

This custom is currently on eBay ---> http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

To see more of this custom, visit ---> http://www.mintcondi...classic-repaint

Iím very excited about the upcoming Man of Steel movie, and love the costume design. Stll, I couldnít help but wonder what it would look like a little more classically inspired. So I took the newly released Man of Steel Movie Masters Superman figure and gave him a full repaint thatís inspired by his classic look. I made the reds and blues much more vibrant, and even gave him back his trunks! It has an intricate paint job with lots of washes and dry brushes of various pigments to help really bring out every detail in the suit. I made sure, for the yellow in his emblem and belt, to use two different gold hues to bring out a vibrant metallic look. I also sculpted a little spit curl coming down from his hair, to really drive home the classic Superman vibe I was going for. I also made it so Superman can actually look up now! The standard figure was a dog, in that it couldnít look up at all, but with a little modification he can now look up to the skies, and looks good in a flying pose.

But I couldnít just stop there! I also wanted to make some Superman related accessories. I made a few kryptonite rocks for a display, and even made him a kryptonite necklace, inspired by the one Christopher Reeve wore in the climax of Superman the Movie. I know that the kryptonite necklace is pretty specific to that film, but I dig it so much I couldnít help but throw one in for this Man of Steel custom. I also made some heat vision blast attachments! I took some Bevmo Martini picks, and clipped off the ends and shaved down the bulbous parts, made some small starbursts out of hot glue on some clear vinyl, and stuck the ends of the picks into them until they cooled down, and painted them clear red. Since I didnít have a second head to work from, these have to be attached with poster tack, but it works really well and looks so cool!

Now, not only does the Man of Steel have a classic looking costume, heís fully ready to take on any villain in his way!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking!

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Gung-Ho
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Very cool, love the colors and I like the eye blasts... do they stick on or do you have to push him up against someone/thing to keep them on?

#3 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Very nice!

#4 User is offline   MintCondition 

• Mouser

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 09 May 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Very cool, love the colors and I like the eye blasts... do they stick on or do you have to push him up against someone/thing to keep them on?

You have to use poster tack on the ends of them and stick them to what you want Superman to look like he's blasting, then put a tiny amount on the other end to place them over Superman's eyes.

#5 User is offline   Flounnderr 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Custom looks great, now all you need to do is sand off the texture and wrist things.. and paint out all the silver lines. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us